Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 45 of 45

Thread: Front office drama: "I never tried to fire Casey." - Colangelo

  1. #41
    Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    491
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
    We're not talking of a trade rumour or an allegation of somebody doing something. When you directly accuse somebody of doing something you have to be able to back it up with proof. Anybody can make an accusation and refuse to prove it with excuses like 'can't reveal the source 'cause being a journalist I may get bullied'.

    Simmons was simply creating a stir for attention. Nobody would or should believe otherwise until proved.
    Are you ignoring Koreen and Arthur, then, or suggesting they made the story up, too? They've also stated that their articles about Colangelo wanting Casey fired back in December were 100% true, citing unnamed front office sources.

    BTW, are you suggesting that journalists protecting their sources is a bad thing? There's a little thing called 'journalistic integrity' that guides most of them, and that includes not making up stories and attributing information to non-existent sources.

    Again, I personally don't care one way or the other whether it's true. But it's certainly not as far-fetched as you seem to be making it.
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

  2. #42
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote jimmie wrote: View Post
    Are you ignoring Koreen and Arthur, then, or suggesting they made the story up, too? They've also stated that their articles about Colangelo wanting Casey fired back in December were 100% true, citing unnamed front office sources.

    BTW, are you suggesting that journalists protecting their sources is a bad thing? There's a little thing called 'journalistic integrity' that guides most of them, and that includes not making up stories and attributing information to non-existent sources.

    Again, I personally don't care one way or the other whether it's true. But it's certainly not as far-fetched as you seem to be making it.

    Let me refer you to my post which said "we're not talking about a trade rumour or an allegation but a direct accusation". When a Journalist reports a trade not yet made official or alleges(not certain) that a person did or said something, he/she has every right to keep the source a secret. The same can't be said about a direct accusation. The character and integrity of the accused person is falsely being tarnished. Naturally and understandably the accused person will demand proof because his reputation is at stake.

    As far as Koreen and Arthur are concerned, who knows that one didn't start it citing an unnamed source and the other didn't pick it up from him? Who knows that Simmons didn't pick it up from one of them? I'm not saying that it happened that way but its possible.

    Irrespective of how it started and so on and so forth, BC is totally justified in demanding an explanation and the Journalist owes him one unless he can prove that the accusation is true.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

  3. #43
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    3,060
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    2 words. Steve Simmons. That's all you need to know.

    I'm with Colangelo on this one 100%.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  4. #44
    Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    491
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
    Let me refer you to my post which said "we're not talking about a trade rumour or an allegation but a direct accusation". When a Journalist reports a trade not yet made official or alleges(not certain) that a person did or said something, he/she has every right to keep the source a secret. The same can't be said about a direct accusation. The character and integrity of the accused person is falsely being tarnished. Naturally and understandably the accused person will demand proof because his reputation is at stake.

    As far as Koreen and Arthur are concerned, who knows that one didn't start it citing an unnamed source and the other didn't pick it up from him? Who knows that Simmons didn't pick it up from one of them? I'm not saying that it happened that way but its possible.

    Irrespective of how it started and so on and so forth, BC is totally justified in demanding an explanation and the Journalist owes him one unless he can prove that the accusation is true.
    This is full-on nonsense, but have at it. Journalists are not only in their rights to not share sources, it's actually in integral part of their job. This isn't a slander case.
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

  5. #45
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote jimmie wrote: View Post
    This is full-on nonsense, but have at it. Journalists are not only in their rights to not share sources, it's actually in integral part of their job. This isn't a slander case.
    Nice chatting with you.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •