Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for off-season changes? Read this first

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ideas for off-season changes? Read this first

At the suggestion of thead, before you go making suggestions with what the Raptors should do, know the rules and if what you suggest is even possible as it will save time and pixels.

All things CBA - Larry Coon NBA CBA FAQ

NBA Player Contracts and Team Salary information - HoopsWorld.com

2013 NBA Free Agents - HoopsWorld.com

NBA Draft Picks owed and owing - RealGM

NBA Trade machine - ESPN

Larry Coon is most important. All the break downs on exceptions, trade rules, free agency, etc. found in there.
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Apr 18th, 2013 at 01:44 PM.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks Matt. how about la amnesties Bryant and we sign him at vet minimum for leadership. I think it follows all of the rules.

3. Like ReubenJRD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    thanks Matt. how about la amnesties Bryant and we sign him at vet minimum for leadership. I think it follows all of the rules.
    Only teams that have cap space can place bids on amnesty - Raps have no cap space.

I don't think Kobe gets through the waiver wire if he was amnestied and even if he did I don't think he willingly coming to the Raptors for vet minimum. Kobe has made it pretty clear in his career he only wants to be playing for championships.
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Only teams that have cap space can place bids on amnesty - Raps have no cap space.

I don't think Kobe gets through the waiver wire if he was amnestied and even if he did I don't think he willingly coming to the Raptors for vet minimum. Kobe has made it pretty clear in his career he only wants to be playing for championships.
    Kobe won't be amnestied. LA would lose his bird rights and won't be able to afford him due to cap restrictions, assuming they bring back Dwight at the max.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Primer wrote: View Post
    Kobe won't be amnestied. LA would lose his bird rights and won't be able to afford him due to cap restrictions, assuming they bring back Dwight at the max.
    That is another issue all together.
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

The real reason they don't amnesty him is because he'll be back by the start of the season. I can't imagine that he won't be; that's what Kobe does these days.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

guys we dont need that stuff.. were gunna trade bargs for lebron and then when we amnesty klezia we can sign d12 and j-smith... you over think too much

sorry for this just wanted to be typical raps fan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Burnit482 wrote: View Post
    guys we dont need that stuff.. were gunna trade bargs for lebron and then when we amnesty klezia we can sign d12 and j-smith... you over think too much

sorry for this just wanted to be typical raps fan
    Yeah, if you had read the links you would have seen none of that is possible.

Thanks for making the point on the reason for the linked information to begin with.
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

i know it was just a joke for exactly that reason.
    I beat tenforthewin to it

11. Like heinz57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fan Essentials

Great idea. Also go here for a bigger list:

Fan Essentials

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Burnit482 wrote: View Post
    i know it was just a joke for exactly that reason.
    I beat tenforthewin to it
    LOL.

i like this dude.

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone tell me if we can sign JJ Redick?

Raptors Republic Rookie CalibreMC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    Someone tell me if we can sign JJ Redick?
    no, he'll want too much...and we won't be able to afford him.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New thoughts for Raptors

Ok for us to make a run into the finalist spot 2013/14 in my opinion two things must happen

1.) Get rid of Dwane Casey he is not getting us anywhere last season should have been a play off one

2.) Get an all-star caliber point guard a possible trade containing, bargnani (bad), kyle lowery (good but no all-star), derozan (good player but not gonna get any better and has shoes that T ross can fill), feilds (not a player we need at all).

3.) So our starting line up might look something like:

Lillard
    Gay
    Johnson
    Valanciunas
    Ross

Any thoughts?

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ConnoMcMono wrote: View Post
    Ok for us to make a run into the finalist spot 2013/14 in my opinion two things must happen

1.) Get rid of Dwane Casey he is not getting us anywhere last season should have been a play off one

2.) Get an all-star caliber point guard a possible trade containing, bargnani (bad), kyle lowery (good but no all-star), derozan (good player but not gonna get any better and has shoes that T ross can fill), feilds (not a player we need at all).

Lillard
    Gay
    Johnson
    Valanciunas
    Ross

Any thoughts?
    You're on salvia...that's my thought.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ConnoMcMono wrote: View Post

Lillard
    Gay
    Johnson
    Valanciunas
    Ross

Any thoughts?
    Too bad this is not even close to realistic. This isn't fantasy basketball bro

Post Thanks / Like

Biedrins just declined his ETO. I see potential for a Bargs move. Biedrins sucks, but his contract is shorter and maybe we can get them to sweeten the pot a little bit (Machado, Ezeli, or Green)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote c_bcm wrote: View Post
    Biedrins just declined his ETO. I see potential for a Bargs move. Biedrins sucks, but his contract is shorter and maybe we can get them to sweeten the pot a little bit (Machado, Ezeli, or Green)
    I don't think they send another player. Ezeli and Green fit VERY well into their rotation. Machado...I don't want Machado. I don't understand this neverending fascination with him because he played well at a shit school in college. Lillard was the exception to the rule, not the norm.

BUT, apart from that, Biedrins/Jefferson (both have awful, but expiring, contracts) are obvious choices for GSW to trade to try and upgrade their team. Does Bargnani fit that? IMO, only if Carl Landry walks. Then, considering the amount of young players on their team, I don't think they're too attached to draft picks and could easily tack one on to Biedrins/Jefferson in order to add a piece. THe problem is they don't have a 2013 pick (going to Utah)...and do they trade a 2014 pick???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I don't think they send another player. Ezeli and Green fit VERY well into their rotation. Machado...I don't want Machado. I don't understand this neverending fascination with him because he played well at a shit school in college. Lillard was the exception to the rule, not the norm.

BUT, apart from that, Biedrins/Jefferson (both have awful, but expiring, contracts) are obvious choices for GSW to trade to try and upgrade their team. Does Bargnani fit that? IMO, only if Carl Landry walks. Then, considering the amount of young players on their team, I don't think they're too attached to draft picks and could easily tack one on to Biedrins/Jefferson in order to add a piece. THe problem is they don't have a 2013 pick (going to Utah)...and do they trade a 2014 pick???
    I would only do that deal if they sweeten it somehow. I have no fascination with Machado...over-react much? He's 1 of only a few players on their roster whom they might include in a trade to get rid of Biedrins. The fact that Bargs' trade value has fallen so much that even the expectations of his fan-boys (such as myself) are pessimistic about what we'd get in return....fml

Post Thanks / Like

Quote c_bcm wrote: View Post
    I would only do that deal if they sweeten it somehow. I have no fascination with Machado...over-react much? He's 1 of only a few players on their roster whom they might include in a trade to get rid of Biedrins. The fact that Bargs' trade value has fallen so much that even the expectations of his fan-boys (such as myself) are pessimistic about what we'd get in return....fml
    Maybe not you specifically, but pretty frequently someone will post something about Machado. It gets a bit ridiculous. As if he's the solution to our PG position.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information