Ideas for off-season changes? Read this first

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ConnoMcMono wrote: View Post
    Ok for us to make a run into the finalist spot 2013/14 in my opinion two things must happen

1.) Get rid of Dwane Casey he is not getting us anywhere last season should have been a play off one

2.) Get an all-star caliber point guard a possible trade containing, bargnani (bad), kyle lowery (good but no all-star), derozan (good player but not gonna get any better and has shoes that T ross can fill), feilds (not a player we need at all).

3.) So our starting line up might look something like:

Lillard
    Gay
    Johnson
    Valanciunas
    Ross

Any thoughts?
    Too bad this is not even close to realistic. This isn't fantasy basketball bro

Comment

Biedrins just declined his ETO. I see potential for a Bargs move. Biedrins sucks, but his contract is shorter and maybe we can get them to sweeten the pot a little bit (Machado, Ezeli, or Green)
      Welp, that sucked.

Comment

c_bcm wrote: View Post
        Biedrins just declined his ETO. I see potential for a Bargs move. Biedrins sucks, but his contract is shorter and maybe we can get them to sweeten the pot a little bit (Machado, Ezeli, or Green)
        I don't think they send another player. Ezeli and Green fit VERY well into their rotation. Machado...I don't want Machado. I don't understand this neverending fascination with him because he played well at a shit school in college. Lillard was the exception to the rule, not the norm.

BUT, apart from that, Biedrins/Jefferson (both have awful, but expiring, contracts) are obvious choices for GSW to trade to try and upgrade their team. Does Bargnani fit that? IMO, only if Carl Landry walks. Then, considering the amount of young players on their team, I don't think they're too attached to draft picks and could easily tack one on to Biedrins/Jefferson in order to add a piece. THe problem is they don't have a 2013 pick (going to Utah)...and do they trade a 2014 pick???

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          I don't think they send another player. Ezeli and Green fit VERY well into their rotation. Machado...I don't want Machado. I don't understand this neverending fascination with him because he played well at a shit school in college. Lillard was the exception to the rule, not the norm.

BUT, apart from that, Biedrins/Jefferson (both have awful, but expiring, contracts) are obvious choices for GSW to trade to try and upgrade their team. Does Bargnani fit that? IMO, only if Carl Landry walks. Then, considering the amount of young players on their team, I don't think they're too attached to draft picks and could easily tack one on to Biedrins/Jefferson in order to add a piece. THe problem is they don't have a 2013 pick (going to Utah)...and do they trade a 2014 pick???
          I would only do that deal if they sweeten it somehow. I have no fascination with Machado...over-react much? He's 1 of only a few players on their roster whom they might include in a trade to get rid of Biedrins. The fact that Bargs' trade value has fallen so much that even the expectations of his fan-boys (such as myself) are pessimistic about what we'd get in return....fml
          Welp, that sucked.

Comment

c_bcm wrote: View Post
            I would only do that deal if they sweeten it somehow. I have no fascination with Machado...over-react much? He's 1 of only a few players on their roster whom they might include in a trade to get rid of Biedrins. The fact that Bargs' trade value has fallen so much that even the expectations of his fan-boys (such as myself) are pessimistic about what we'd get in return....fml
            Maybe not you specifically, but pretty frequently someone will post something about Machado. It gets a bit ridiculous. As if he's the solution to our PG position.

Comment

Also, on the Biedrins - Bargnani possibility....I don't think GSW, or any team, includes more than one asset (if that) in a Bargnani trade. Maybe best case you could get a useful player and a 2nd rd pick (along with taking back some trash...any deal with Bargs has to take back some trash of some kind)

*And I think given how stocked GSW is young players they like, they don't trade any of them away for Bargnani, but they may be quite willing to part with a pick, even in 2014, rather than add more youth or guaranteed money to the roster.

Comment

beidrins finally has value again. not getting him for bargs without giving up something else now. he is worth at least a draft pick now and a couple minorly useful assets. 9 million expiring is valuable in the NBA economy now.
                Last edited by Miekenstien; Fri May 31, 2013, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Ok for us to make a run into the finalist spot 2013/14 in my opinion two things must happen

1.) Get rid of Dwane Casey he is not getting us anywhere last season should have been a play off one

2.) Get an all-star caliber point guard a possible trade containing, bargnani (bad), kyle lowery (good but no all-star), derozan (good player but not gonna get any better and has shoes that T ross can fill), feilds (not a player we need at all).

Lillard
                  Gay
                  Johnson
                  Valanciunas
                  Ross

Any thoughts?
                  Oh man, can't wait to see Ross at center lol
                  You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Lillard
                    Gay
                    Johnson
                    Valanciunas
                    Ross

Any thoughts?
                    I really thought raptors would draft lillard last year if he fell to 8th. I

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                      I really thought raptors would draft lillard last year if he fell to 8th. I
                      or Barnes if we had of won the coin flip. imagine bigv, Davis,Barnes,demar and lowry. no gay monetary handcuffs and the ability to absorb monies(moneys?) in the outgoing of bargs. fucking coin flip.

I don't have the link but I saw that masai wants to jettison bargs by July. are non playoff or eliminated teams allowed to trade right now? I'd like him to get rid of bargnani grab that 13th pick and another mid to late 20s pick. I really think kabongo can make it in the league.
                      Last edited by Miekenstien; Sun Jun 2, 2013, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        or Barnes if we had of won the coin flip. imagine bigv, Davis,Barnes,demar and lowry. no gay monetary handcuffs and the ability to absorb monies(moneys?) in the outgoing of bargs. fucking coin flip.

I don't have the link but I saw that masai wants to jettison bargs by July. are non playoff or eliminated teams allowed to trade right now? I'd like him to get rid of bargnani grab that 13th pick and another mid to late 20s pick. I really think kabongo can make it in the league.
                        Next time put capital letters, because this one went totally wrong, when I read it.
                        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

The latest roster updates for Toronto - note this includes payroll/contracts, draft picks, cap holds, picks owed/owing, depth chart, free agents, unsigned draft picks, amnesty candidates, and exceptions available to use.

An informative link:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/toronto-raptors-team-salary

Comment

And just a warning for those using the trade machine:

It approves EVERYTHING right now.

Comment

Theres always the RealGM trade checker, its the one I use most often.

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker

Comment

Liberal wrote: View Post
                                Theres always the RealGM trade checker, its the one I use most often.

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker
                                Nice, I haven't seen this one before

Comment

Working...
                                X