View Poll Results: Who will win the Championship?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Miami

18 60.00%
  • OKC

3 10.00%
  • LA Lakers

0 0%
  • LA Clippers

0 0%
  • New York Knicks

0 0%
  • Boston Celtics

0 0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

5 16.67%
  • Houston Hardens

0 0%
  • Denver Nuggets

0 0%
  • Other (Discuss Below)

4 13.33%
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Rose should just suit up and go HAM. Fuck everything else, that's how it should be

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Rose should just suit up and go HAM. Fuck everything else, that's how it should be
    I think it's obvious he is not playing this season. He was cleared to play in March or maybe even February. He ain't coming back. Fairly or unfairly, it raises a lot of questions about his fortitude.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    I think it's obvious he is not playing this season. He was cleared to play in March or maybe even February. He ain't coming back. Fairly or unfairly, it raises a lot of questions about his fortitude.
    That upsets me. He's my fav player outside of the raptors and i hate to see him not play

Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Anyone who criticizes DRose who hasn't suffered a major knee injury themselves, can f*ck right off in my opinion. 'Scuse my French.

This is ridiculous. I'd much rather miss not getting to watch DRose for one season, then have to miss him play for multiple seasons because he came back too soon. If he doesn't feel like he can play at that same MVP level without injuring himself again, then I don't blame him for stepping aside, and keeping the focus on the team that actually got to the Playoffs in the first place.
    Last edited by Joey; Fri May 3rd, 2013 at 07:17 PM.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Anyone who criticizes DRose who hasn't suffered a major knee injury themselves, can f*ck right off in my opinion. 'Scuse my French.

This is ridiculous. I'd much rather miss not getting to watch DRose for one season, then have to miss him play for multiple seasons because he came back too soon. If he doesn't feel like he can play at that same MVP level without injuring himself again, then I don't blame him for stepping aside, and keeping the focus on the team that actually got to the Playoffs in the first place.
    I'm one of those "he should play."

This team will not go anywhere without Derrick Rose, maybe second round? Derrick Rose, decides to scratch this season. Meaning, it's basically a wash. But, team decides to try and win without him. Noah plays through plantar faciatis, Nate plays through the flu, reportedly, half of the guys on the team have injuries they're trying to cope with. These guys are on the court, currently tied 3-3 with the Brooklyn Nets.

Derrick Rose has been cleared for nearly 2 months, reportedly been scrimmaging and practicing at full contact, and full speed.
    Someone mentioned it best up top, it will - and it is - raising questions about his fortitude and mental state to come back. He's obviously scared, and not prepared, and depending on what side you are on, it's a topic that is/will be largely argued on.

At the very least, he owes it to his teammates to finally get out there and play. Obviously, the injury is significantly major, and one that takes a very long period of time to heal and cope with, but... Considering the time he's been out, the current state of practicing, and the new medical techniques to rehab any injury, it's a little bit shocking considering how great of a character, and how team-first his mentality is. I'm not questioning his want to get back out on the court, but taking into account players coming back from injury quicker just to play - Lin, D. Lee, World Peace, etc. Shumpert back within' 8 months, Rubio back in season's time - it's not showing he wants to be back out there. Apparently, he said something about his knee and it's muscle memory. It's starting to look like a whole lot of excuses to cover just being scared. Which isn't a problem - for goodness sakes he tore his ACL - but why hold back so much, practice, and still sit there? If you're scared, say it. The fans who love watching Rose play are too. Nobody wants to see him re-injured, nobody wanted this in the first place.

I don't know, I love watching Rose, my favourite point guard to watch in the league, but, it's a tough one to discuss.

I just feel like, with teammates, players in the league, playing through injuries, such as a plantar faciatis - it's a PAINFUL injury - and players coming back in time and or within a shorter span of time, it gives the question; "Why can't Derrick do the same?"

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

It's been very well documented about how he's physically capable to play. Adidas wouldn't have aired all of those "The Return" commercials had they not thought he was going to come back, and I think, as his main sponsor, they would be updated just as much as anyone within the Bulls organization. Not saying that's true, but it's very likely.

As for the re-injuries arguments, they're just freak occurrences IMO. If the Bulls advance and he does come back (albeit highly unlikely), then yes, re-injury is a possibility because so much of his game relies on explosiveness of the legs. Buuuut at the same time, he's been competing in 5-on-5 practices for almost 2 months, and if he kept the same intensity in-game, he'd likely be able to keep up with the pace.

As for the freak occurrence part, I'll explain my reasoning with this: Say he goes as planned, and doesn't end up playing until next season. First game of next season, he goes up for a dunk and strains his ACL. He took the whole year off, and yet it still happens. A whole year of excessive rehab cannot prevent that, it just happens.

I'm not saying he should come back and play 40 minutes and carry his team right from the get-go. All I'm saying is that I'd be much happier if he came out and played 5-10 minutes in the 4th Q or something. Consider it a part of his rehab...increasing the in-game experience incrementally, and see where that takes him.

EDIT: Adding insult to injury (no pun intended)....

Last edited by isaacthompson; Sat May 4th, 2013 at 04:14 PM.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

7. Like ReubenJRD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just play 20 mins off the bench. If he feels comfortable, unleash his wrath on Brooklyn.

9. Like ReubenJRD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Avery Johnson Jr. @itsaveryjohnson

NETS GO DOWN!!!! ALL YOU HATERS THINK MY DAD COULDN'T COACH THEM!!!! TOO HIGH EXPECTATIONS #HELLO-OFSEASON #GONEFISHIN
    Son of Avery Johnson, Nets coach who got fired halfway through the year.

This may cause a bit of backlash...
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Son of Avery Johnson, Nets coach who got fired halfway through the year.

This may cause a bit of backlash...
    He's right to some degree. He just shouldn't have put it the way he did haha. PJ Carlisimo had no idea what he was doing, Avery Johnson would have had more success if they gave him a better chance.

The Nets coaching staff is pretty bad right now, and Joe Johnson is beginning to regress big time (Major disappearing act in a crucial game 7). I doubt this team will be any better next year, Brook Lopez is so overrated its not even funny. Joakim Noah was eating the Nets alive from the inside out, very fun to watch.

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Ed Davis has fallen out of Memphis' rotation. Hasn't played more than 5 minutes since game 1 against the clippers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    He's right to some degree. He just shouldn't have put it the way he did haha. PJ Carlisimo had no idea what he was doing, Avery Johnson would have had more success if they gave him a better chance.

The Nets coaching staff is pretty bad right now, and Joe Johnson is beginning to regress big time (Major disappearing act in a crucial game 7). I doubt this team will be any better next year, Brook Lopez is so overrated its not even funny. Joakim Noah was eating the Nets alive from the inside out, very fun to watch.
    I thought Carlisimo did a pretty decent job with the Nets, but I think Avery Johnson was fired WAYY to early.

I think this is ownership's problem. Prohkarov said they would win a championship in the next 5 years...and that was 3 years ago. He's trying to hard to meet that goal...I think Nets fans would be much happier if he asserted to a long-term plan, rather than cutting things off if they aren't working instantly.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    Looks like Ed Davis has fallen out of Memphis' rotation. Hasn't played more than 5 minutes since game 1 against the clippers.
    In favour of Austin Daye...I don't think Hollins knows what he's doing.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

That felt like OKC stole one.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the hilarious double flop got the hammer...

You can clearly see Fisher pushing off with his feet after contact...don't know how he thought he could get away with that.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Bulls sink the Heat minus Deng, Rose and Hinrich. Go figure.

Post Thanks / Like

Jimmy Butler with a massive game; Nate Robinson doing his best Derrick Rose impression.
    Huuge win to steal home court advantage.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

How good is Steph Curry?!! wow.

LET'S GO WARRIORS!!
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    How good is Steph Curry?!! wow.

LET'S GO WARRIORS!!
    It would be pretty amazing, if both the Heat and the Spurs get eliminated. Playoffs would so much more interesting rooting for the underdogs. Thought a Heat Spurs final would be interesting as well

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This Bulls team is freakishly amazing. How the hell do they keep winning? they pretty much went with a 6 man rotation minus Rose, Deng and Hinrich and still beat the best team in the league on the road. Blows my mind. I honestly wouldn't be surprised at this point if they win this series, or if Miami goes on to win the next 4. I see Rose making an appearance in this series.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    This Bulls team is freakishly amazing. How the hell do they keep winning? they pretty much went with a 6 man rotation minus Rose, Deng and Hinrich and still beat the best team in the league on the road. Blows my mind. I honestly wouldn't be surprised at this point if they win this series, or if Miami goes on to win the next 4. I see Rose making an appearance in this series.
    Thibodeau is a basketball god...clearly...

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information