View Poll Results: Who will win the Championship?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Miami

    18 60.00%
  • OKC

    3 10.00%
  • LA Lakers

    0 0%
  • LA Clippers

    0 0%
  • New York Knicks

    0 0%
  • Boston Celtics

    0 0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

    5 16.67%
  • Houston Hardens

    0 0%
  • Denver Nuggets

    0 0%
  • Other (Discuss Below)

    4 13.33%
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 489

Thread: NBA Playoffs

  1. #121
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Thibodeau is a basketball god...clearly...
    And even though he lost me my fantasy finals match-up with Joey, Noah is a very special player.

  2. #122
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,585
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    44 and 11 from Curry...holy hell.

    He has reached the fear level.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  3. #123
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,626
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    I'm not saying he should come back and play 40 minutes and carry his team right from the get-go. All I'm saying is that I'd be much happier if he came out and played 5-10 minutes in the 4th Q or something. Consider it a part of his rehab...increasing the in-game experience incrementally, and see where that takes him.
    Nice posts from Reuben and isaac on Rose. I won't get into the whole post, because my point essentially lies within this one argument -

    Who's to say that Rose in for 5-10 minutes, essentially just warming up and gaining confidence, is the best basketball decision based on Nates, and the Bulls, play of late?

    They just beat Miami with Nate doing a fine job. I just don't see why Chicago would go and mess with a good thing. Obviously having Rose would be nice, but if you can get to the second round without Rose, and steal home court advantage, then you're doing something right, and should look to keep it going.
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

  4. #124
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It didn't work too well for Orlando when Nelson came back from injury in the finals. At the very least it will make Thibodeau's job a lot harder.

  5. #125
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,399
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Personnally, I find it hard to believe that Rose is at or near 100% and not playing in these playoffs. I think he and the organization are being very cautious, but as long as the Bulls continue to be competitive, I think he will sit. I mean, if he was ready to go, don't you think they would have at least dressed him for game 7 in Brooklyn, in case they fell behind and needed to make a run in the 4th? Or gave him a few minutes here and there to guage his progress?

    I only see him playing if they fall behind to Miami and they feel that putting him in can win them a game or two, but with limited minutes with a limited role. Expecting him to play typical Derrick Rose ball would be foolish and risky. If he isn't 100%, then Rose playing Rose-like ball would only increase the likelihood of re-injury. I don't think the organization will take the chance, especially not knowing what he is capable of doing in a playoff game. Maybe if they feel that putting him in will get them past Miami, but other than that I doubt he plays.

    Plus, as JoeyHesketh pointed out, why mess with a good thing? Using him could very well do more harm than good. It's kinda difficult to think that could happen, but the chemistry and confidence that this team is exhibiting could be upset if Rose gets inserted into then lineup.

  6. #126
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    Personnally, I find it hard to believe that Rose is at or near 100% and not playing in these playoffs. I think he and the organization are being very cautious, but as long as the Bulls continue to be competitive, I think he will sit. I mean, if he was ready to go, don't you think they would have at least dressed him for game 7 in Brooklyn, in case they fell behind and needed to make a run in the 4th? Or gave him a few minutes here and there to guage his progress?

    I only see him playing if they fall behind to Miami and they feel that putting him in can win them a game or two, but with limited minutes with a limited role. Expecting him to play typical Derrick Rose ball would be foolish and risky. If he isn't 100%, then Rose playing Rose-like ball would only increase the likelihood of re-injury. I don't think the organization will take the chance, especially not knowing what he is capable of doing in a playoff game. Maybe if they feel that putting him in will get them past Miami, but other than that I doubt he plays.

    Plus, as JoeyHesketh pointed out, why mess with a good thing? Using him could very well do more harm than good. It's kinda difficult to think that could happen, but the chemistry and confidence that this team is exhibiting could be upset if Rose gets inserted into then lineup.
    The reports are that he is declared 100% by (team) physicians and that he's the one, not the organisation, who decided not to play yet, as he doesn't feel 100%.

  7. #127
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,626
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Joakim responds to DRose Critics

    I think Joakim said it best:
    Quote ESPN wrote:
    "If you tore your ACL and you have to be the starting point guard and have the expectations that Derrick has, then maybe you can judge, but everybody who hasn't been in that situation before should really shut up because I feel like it's just so unfair to him and to this team. We're fighting, and everybody's going to just shit on somebody who's been giving so much to this organization. It's crazy to me."

    Rose said on Saturday that he hasn't paid much attention to the criticism, but Noah and the rest of his teammates have made it a point to stand up for Rose's decision not to play.

    "He can say that he doesn't [listen to it]," Noah said. "I think he's dealing with it unbelievable. He's tough as nails, man. He's not budging. He doesn't let none of that affect him; whether it's praise or people judging him about his decision, he's the same. He's the same, and I really respect that because I don't think a lot of people could deal with the things that he deals with on a daily basis."

    Source
    Last edited by Joey; Tue May 7th, 2013 at 01:50 PM.
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

  8. #128
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,399
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    The reports are that he is declared 100% by (team) physicians and that he's the one, not the organisation, who decided not to play yet, as he doesn't feel 100%.
    Yeah, others mentioned that earlier here somewhere, very weird situation. All I know is, if I'm an employer and I have an injured employee, and the doctor says the employeee is cleared for work, well, then, that employee goes to work. Given the other injury woes that Chicago has, if Rose is fit to play, he should be out there, even if it is a reduced role to ease him back in and provide rest for the other guards.

    I wonder if the doctors are being pressured to clear him but he feels he isn't up to it physically and doesn't want to take the chance on ruining his career. I have read some posts elsewhere by Bulls fans that blame Thibs for over-playing Rose and ultimately leading to his injury. Perhaps Rose thinks that too, and is just trying to protect his longevity. Maybe he fears that if he starts to play, he will have to over-do it in order to live up to the expectations of his return. I don't know...just throwing shit out there, but if Rose is healthy and not playing then WTF is going on in Chicago?

    How about Bargs, Lowry and Gay for Boozer and Rose lol

  9. #129
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,626
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    but if Rose is healthy and not playing then WTF is going on in Chicago?
    They're doing just fine without him. Thats whats going on.
    Nate has done a FINE job of subbing in for Rose.
    At this point in time, Rose probably couldn't even be on par with Nate Rob, in terms of consistent contribution.

    Not to mention, you move Rose back in and you start messing with the enormous confidence that Nate has been building and playing with.

    I think it would be a mistake to bring back DRose at this point in the Playoffs.
    If anything, see how good you are without him, and make a move accordingly.
    Last edited by Joey; Tue May 7th, 2013 at 01:58 PM.
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

  10. #130
    Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lietuva
    Posts
    1,446
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    They're doing just fine without him. Thats whats going on.
    Nate has done a FINE job of subbing in for Rose.
    At this point in time, Rose probably couldn't even be on par with Nate Rob, in terms of consistent contribution.

    Not to mention, you move Rose back in and you start messing with the enormous confidence that Nate has been building and playing with.

    I think it would be a mistake to bring back DRose at this point in the Playoffs.
    If anything, see how good you are without him, and make a move accordingly.
    But now when Hindrich is out and Semi Finals seems realistic after beating Heat in their court, he has invisible hand, which will try to change his mind.
    #FREE

  11. #131
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    3,479
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hey Reuben, still think Lowry is a better player than Conley?
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  12. #132
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,314
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    With Nate Robinson playing as well as he has, the Bulls miss Deng more than Rose right now. I know Butler has been phenomenal also but you need two strong wing defenders when matching up with the Heat.

  13. #133
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,870
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Hey Reuben, still think Lowry is a better player than Conley?
    He is. Conley has Gasol and Randolph and Lowry has Amir Johnson and JV (who is no where near his ceiling yet)

  14. #134
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,854
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Why do so many assume (in general, not necessarily just these forums) Rose coming back would be in the best interest of the Bulls? Obviously their team needs him to have a good shot at a championship....but they need him to be his old self. If he's not, it's just going to make it harder on everybody. Hard on the players who have to adjust their play. Hard on the coach who'll feel he has to work Rose back into rotations and posssibly into his starting spot. Hard on Rose, who'll have to get into game shape in the playoffs (!!). I mean, it takes guys 2-4 weeks to get back up to speed in the regular season, and that's a lower intensity level and less physical. No, once Rose didn't make it back by mid-late March, it made sense to assume he won't play again and not try and force him to. Especially since he missed a whole year, so you could probably double adjustment time for him (something like a month or two, minimum).

    At this point, I'm not sure there's any real situation where bringing him back in the playoffs is in the best interest of any parties involved. There's just too much risk and uncertainty.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Wed May 8th, 2013 at 12:12 PM.

  15. Like Joey liked this post
  16. #135
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,314
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If Rose is physically ready, which I'm not sure that he is, I say play him and see if he can contribute off the bench. He is, after all collecting a sizable paycheque. Screw his artistic temperament, it's the playoffs and even without him the Bulls are competitive.

  17. #136
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Hey Reuben, still think Lowry is a better player than Conley?
    Yes.

  18. #137
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    He is. Conley has Gasol and Randolph and Lowry has Amir Johnson and JV (who is no where near his ceiling yet)
    I think Lowry's skill level is better than Conley's. A stronger and quicker player, better rebounding guard, and a better passer, and while Conley's assist numbers are very nice, the number of options he has isn't even an argument comparing it to Lowry's offensive options (also considering the Raptors play ISO 10000% of the time). If scoring is an argument, I would definitely guive Lowry the upper hand.

    Conley played well, he deserves the credit, but when the team locks in on the bigs, and play off of him, or give him some space to operate, it's obvious Conley will have better looks, and passing lanes, and all that fun stuff.

    I think Conley is a better fit than Lowry would be, so technically, yes, Conley is a better player than Lowry, but a better player for the Grizzlies.

  19. #138
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,585
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Blasphemy. There's no way Lowry is a better player than Conley. No way. Look at how much Conley has improved this year; his stats are up in almost every category. He finished third in the league in steals as well. And stop with this "he has Gasol and Randolph" stuff, because he led the Grizzlies in overall plus/minus, which means he can more than hold his own.

    He's really shown out in these playoffs, outplaying CP3 in pretty much every game in the first round. Not to mention he literally carried the team to victory yesterday with his near triple-double. He's going to have a feast for the rest of the series, considering he won't have to matchup Westbrook.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  20. Like Sig liked this post
  21. #139
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Blasphemy. There's no way Lowry is a better player than Conley. No way. Look at how much Conley has improved this year; his stats are up in almost every category. He finished third in the league in steals as well. And stop with this "he has Gasol and Randolph" stuff, because he led the Grizzlies in overall plus/minus, which means he can more than hold his own.

    He's really shown out in these playoffs, outplaying CP3 in pretty much every game in the first round. Not to mention he literally carried the team to victory yesterday with his near triple-double. He's going to have a feast for the rest of the series, considering he won't have to matchup Westbrook.
    You can't really stop because they play such a major factor in that team, offensively and defensively.. They're number one options for Conley, they cover Conley when he gets blown by at the point of attack. I said skill-wise, regardless of his improvements (some major ones I will say that), Lowry is still a better individual player. It's still a team game, that's why I say Conley is a better player, a better fit for his current team more than Lowry.

  22. #140
    Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,400
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Conley is one of the best on ball defenders in the league. Possibly the best pg when it comes to that. He's developed a jump shot, shoots a better percentage and can pass just as well as Lowry. Overall Conley is the better player.

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •