View Poll Results: Who will win the Championship?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Miami

18 60.00%
  • OKC

3 10.00%
  • LA Lakers

0 0%
  • LA Clippers

0 0%
  • New York Knicks

0 0%
  • Boston Celtics

0 0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

5 16.67%
  • Houston Hardens

0 0%
  • Denver Nuggets

0 0%
  • Other (Discuss Below)

4 13.33%
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs

Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Why do so many assume (in general, not necessarily just these forums) Rose coming back would be in the best interest of the Bulls? Obviously their team needs him to have a good shot at a championship....but they need him to be his old self. If he's not, it's just going to make it harder on everybody. Hard on the players who have to adjust their play. Hard on the coach who'll feel he has to work Rose back into rotations and posssibly into his starting spot. Hard on Rose, who'll have to get into game shape in the playoffs (!!). I mean, it takes guys 2-4 weeks to get back up to speed in the regular season, and that's a lower intensity level and less physical. No, once Rose didn't make it back by mid-late March, it made sense to assume he won't play again and not try and force him to. Especially since he missed a whole year, so you could probably double adjustment time for him (something like a month or two, minimum). At this point, I'm not sure there's any real situation where bringing him back in the playoffs is in the best interest of any parties involved. There's just too much risk and uncertainty.
    Completely agree. Even if Rose does comes back during these playoffs, I wouldn't be suprised (and it may well be in the teams best interest) that he does as a reserve playing 10-15 minutes a game.

You can't really stop because they play such a major factor in that team, offensively and defensively.. They're number one options for Conley, they cover Conley when he gets blown by at the point of attack. I said skill-wise, regardless of his improvements (some major ones I will say that), Lowry is still a better individual player. It's still a team game, that's why I say Conley is a better player, a better fit for his current team more than Lowry.
    These issues are always discussed, yet never very provable. A player is better because he has good teammates, but a player also tends to be better because he is the 'best player' on a bad team and sees alot of usage. Then they change teams or teammates and nothing happens, or everything changes and everyone says 'I told you so'.

I'll pose this question - If player X or Y makes other players better, then why did Conley improve across the board (incuding efficiency) with Rudy gone?

Mike Conley has been overlooked for years because he isn't sexy and is a rather boring PG. But the guy is one of if not the best defensive PGs in the league while being extremely consistent offensively.

Post Thanks / Like

Ya I remember a few years ago when Memphis signed Conley to that big extension .. several Bloggers and ESPN types thought it was only because he had 3 good games, and labeled it "Franchise Suicide"... Well 2-3 years later, and I think every single one of those Critics are eating some heavy amounts of Crow.
    It always makes me snicker when Blogger-types think they know better than those actually in the NBA, making the decisions that their livelihoods depend upon.

What's interesting about the Conley/Lowry debate is Memphis drafted both of them, back-to-back years. And ultimately chose Conley. One has to figure they made this decision because they felt he would be/is the better PG.

ADD Actually found the article bashing the Extension; Kinda funny the way the author foreshadows the demise of Memphis' core group of players, and yet it is that that has allowed them to flourish, and will allow them to flourish for years to come:
    Yup, Mike Conley. Conley is off to an excellent start this season in Memphis' first three games, and the Grizzlies have committed to him at point guard throughout his short NBA career. But he has also displayed little growth, and has yet to prove he's even an average point guard.

Making matters worse, the Grizzlies are a small-market team that has just tied up over $130 million for the next five years for Conley and Rudy Gay. Marc Gasol, O.J. Mayo and Zach Randolph, the team's other three starters, are up for contract extensions within the next two years. Therefore, keeping Conley could easily prevent the Grizzlies from keeping one or more of those players.
    (Check out the Article, its actually an interesting read, in Hindsight)
    Last edited by Joey; Wed May 8th, 2013 at 04:57 PM.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craiger wrote: View Post
    Completely agree. Even if Rose does comes back during these playoffs, I wouldn't be suprised (and it may well be in the teams best interest) that he does as a reserve playing 10-15 minutes a game.
    Yeah, I would say something like that is the absolute best case at this point. And I actually think it's more likely to happen if they are up in a series (with a bit more breathing room) rather than down. It would be brutal to put Rose in a game down 3-2 or something like that. So much pressure....on everybody, not to fuck things up. But I have a hard time seeing them get up 3-0 or 3-1 in any series.

Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Ya I remember a few years ago when Memphis signed Conley to that big extension .. several Bloggers and ESPN types thought it was only because he had 3 good games, and labeled it "Franchise Suicide"... Well 2-3 years later, and I think every single one of those Critics are eating some heavy amounts of Crow.
    It always makes me snicker when Blogger-types think they know better than those actually in the NBA, making the decisions that their livelihoods depend upon.

What's interesting about the Conley/Lowry debate is Memphis drafted both of them, back-to-back years. And ultimately chose Conley. One has to figure they made this decision because they felt he would be/is the better PG.

ADD Actually found the article bashing the Extension; Kinda funny the way the author foreshadows the demise of Memphis' core group of players, and yet it is that that has allowed them to flourish, and will allow them to flourish for years to come:
    Not to be to critical of a media guy (thats not Toronto related anyways ), but it is Matt Moore... who seems to love his synergy sports numbers with very little reference to details and/or sample size. (Bargnani was a top 10 one on one defender in the league according to some of his readings on Synergy - ofcourse Sloan Analystic Conference this year explained why, its because he doesn't leave his man to help out. Which means his man may not score alot, but his teammates sure are in a pickle) Sorry don't mean to distract, just saw the name when reading the link and it stood out like a sore thumb (or elbow/calf.....)

Crazy thing about Conley - check out his per36 #s one time. The epitome of consistency year over year with the obvious (although small) improvement in most numbers with experience.

5. Like ReubenJRD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    He is. Conley has Gasol and Randolph and Lowry has Amir Johnson and JV (who is no where near his ceiling yet)
    nahhhhhhh

Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    I voted 'other' for Golden State.

1) they will beat Denver
    2) San Antonio will be the biggest challenge, but I think GS will shoot them out of the building and make it to the West Finals.
    3) West Finals against OKC, yet OKC is without Westbrook. Stephen Curry goes HAM, rest is history.

This is my finals:

GSW vs Heat.
    This is obviously against GSW's favor, but I feel that Curry, Bogut, Lee, and Klay hurt the Heat at their weakest spot!
    I have faith in Curry, and think he can destroy Chalmers to keep the series close.

GSW in 7, and a fantastic finish to playoffs!
    This would be the best cinderella story in NBA playoff basketball history lol let's hope it happens.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sad that they lost Lee, now it's not very plausible, while other teams are healthy :/ Winning the championship I mean.
    #FREE

Post Thanks / Like

Well of course they wont win the championship because every team is basically just fighting for the chance to get raped by Miami lol

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Taj Gibson got with a 25 grand fine for yelling at that ref. If you haven't seen it already it's pure comedy.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Taj Gibson got with a 25 grand fine for yelling at that ref. If you haven't seen it already it's pure comedy.
    Taj Gibson: "YEAH YOU FUCKEN MESSED UP, FUCKEN FUCK, LIKE, FUCK, YOU MISSED THAT FUCKEN CALL, FUCK".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    Taj Gibson: "YEAH YOU FUCKEN MESSED UP, FUCKEN FUCK, LIKE, FUCK, YOU MISSED THAT FUCKEN CALL, FUCK".
    A few more F-bombs and what you have is fairly accurate. Lol.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A few more F-bombs and what you have is fairly accurate. Lol.
    And the ref(s) deserved every single one of them.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    Sad that they lost Lee, now it's not very plausible, while other teams are healthy :/ Winning the championship I mean.
    The way they are playing right now, they got as good a chance as anyone.

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how Lebron keeps calm.

http://d3fsqtc6sy2z27.cloudfront.net...369cc5e6_large

Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    I don't know how Lebron keeps calm.

http://d3fsqtc6sy2z27.cloudfront.net...369cc5e6_large

Holy crap ... I'm not a huge Lebron fan but god damn ... you gotta have some balls to try and start a fight with that guy. I actually gained ALOT of respect for Lebron for the way he handled this.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how they incorporate all this stuff in the game plan meetings.

Noah having fun...

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    I wonder how they incorporate all this stuff in the game plan meetings.

Noah having fun...

He's crazy, hard working instigator.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Bulls are trying to be like the early 90's Pistons. The 'Bad Boys' of Detroit. They're trying to be this tough, phyical, hard hitting, trying to intimidate opposing teams kind of a team. Obviously they can't come come close to the Detroit Pistons Bad Boys. I mean, if that team played in today's era. Every foul would be a flagrant 2 foul lol.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

When neither Curry or Thompson are hitting their shots, GS is put in deep trouble. They sure aren't gonna win games grinding it out down low.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

When neither Curry or Thompson are hitting their shots, GS is put in deep trouble. They sure aren't gonna win games grinding it out down low.
    If David Lee recovers 100% he's the guy that scores for them down low when they really need it.

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information