View Poll Results: Who will win the Championship?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Miami

18 60.00%
  • OKC

3 10.00%
  • LA Lakers

0 0%
  • LA Clippers

0 0%
  • New York Knicks

0 0%
  • Boston Celtics

0 0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

5 16.67%
  • Houston Hardens

0 0%
  • Denver Nuggets

0 0%
  • Other (Discuss Below)

4 13.33%
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thibs has taken these Bulls farther than imaginable...but they look like their lack of general health and specifically Rose is finally catching up.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Thibs has taken these Bulls farther than imaginable...but they look like their lack of general health and specifically Rose is finally catching up.
    After tonight's horrific performance, I really hope Rose makes the decision to get out there and play 5-10 minutes.

But then again, realistically the Bulls only have one game left, so there would be no personal gain, just a reputational gain.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

GSW.

My prediction is going to take a twist, GSW is going to face Memphis in the West finals (Who would've thought?).

I think GSW is going to have an easier time against Memphis than OKC. GSW in the finals, baby!
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

memphis would have a better chance vs Miami. They can't handle Gasol and Randolph
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    memphis would have a better chance vs Miami. They can't handle Gasol and Randolph
    Yep. Heat would get obliterated on the inside. I see a series like that going to 6 or 7 games.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Yep. Heat would get obliterated on the inside. I see a series like that going to 6 or 7 games.
    The inside is the only advantage Memphis has over Miami...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    If you're going to have ANY advantage in Basketball, thats likely the best option for success.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That's assuming you can get the ball inside. Miami is very good at preventing the ball from coming inside.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    That's assuming you can get the ball inside. Miami is very good at preventing the ball from coming inside.
    Exactly, some of the best defensive rotations I've EVER seen. Their defense is seriously underrated in the eyes of people, their defense and talent make up for a lot of their below average interior presence. Plus, this team has a number of versatile defenders i.e. LeBron who can cover arguably all 5 positions.

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly, some of the best defensive rotations I've EVER seen. Their defense is seriously underrated in the eyes of people, their defense and talent make up for a lot of their below average interior presence. Plus, this team has a number of versatile defenders i.e. LeBron who can cover arguably all 5 positions.
    Cover? Yes. Cover well? No.

Catch me if I'm wrong, but I think LeBron would get taken to school (in the post of course) against any above-average center in the league. I think his reputation as being an exceptional defender has given everyone a sense that his defense has no limits.

Of course, the matchups would never ever be like this, but going against someone like Marc Gasol? Not even close.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Cover? Yes. Cover well? No.

Catch me if I'm wrong, but I think LeBron would get taken to school (in the post of course) against any above-average center in the league. I think his reputation as being an exceptional defender has given everyone a sense that his defense has no limits.

Of course, the matchups would never ever be like this, but going against someone like Marc Gasol? Not even close.
    Yeah, I fully agree with this. LeBron is excellent at defending any perimeter position, and solid against many NBA power forwards, because many of them lack a post game, or the size to have a real advantage on LeBron. Anyone with the size of a true C or an elite post game though is probably too much for him. You don't want him guarding a Gasol, Lopez, Cousins, Duncan, etc...Heck, I even remember Bargnani abusing him in the post on several occasions. And that's clearly not because Bargs is an elite post player...just an average one who's way too big for LeBron to guard in the post.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Yeah, I fully agree with this. LeBron is excellent at defending any perimeter position, and solid against many NBA power forwards, because many of them lack a post game, or the size to have a real advantage on LeBron. Anyone with the size of a true C or an elite post game though is probably too much for him. You don't want him guarding a Gasol, Lopez, Cousins, Duncan, etc...Heck, I even remember Bargnani abusing him in the post on several occasions. And that's clearly not because Bargs is an elite post player...just an average one who's way too big for LeBron to guard in the post.
    And on the other end, Bargnani was very good at defending Lebron. It's a funny thing.

Gsw against Miami might get very funny if gsw hit their 3pt-ers. It's a 'weakness' of Miami to defend against them and if they fall; we might have a nice finals. Memphis keeps hitting too little threepointers; and if they don't hit those very well, Miami will double any inside play to prevent Memphis from making any dribble move inside. They gotta hit their outside shots very well to have any chance.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Barnes having another good game for G-State. What a great ROLE PLAYER. Already a better player than DeRozan.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Already a better player than DeRozan.
    Based on what exactly?
    Last edited by Joey; Tue May 14th, 2013 at 11:08 PM.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Based on what exactly?
    - Much better shooter
    - Much better defender
    - Clutch
    - Can create his own shots(DD can too but it took him 4 years to be able to do so).
    - High basketball IQ

Btw, Barnes with 25+ pts in consecutive playoff games becomes first rookie to do so since Tim Duncan 5/5-5/7/98.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

- Much better shooter
    - Much better defender
    - Clutch
    - Can create his own shots(DD can too but it took him 4 years to be able to do so).
    - High basketball IQ

Btw, Barnes with 25+ pts in consecutive playoff games becomes first rookie to do so since Tim Duncan 5/5-5/7/98.
    Hey I love Barnes, don't get me wrong. I was the one saying "Barnes or Bust" before the draft. Big fan. I just think its absolutely silly to make a statement like that. Still do.
    If you let Terrence Ross take 26 shots in a playoff game, he'd get 26 points too ....
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Barnes having another good game for G-State. What a great ROLE PLAYER. Already a better player than DeRozan.
    i love how you ignored every one of our replies. Don't start a debate if you can't back it up, you're just making yourself look like an idiot.
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What Joey said (y). There's no issue in you saying that Barnes is great, it's just that you have to be more careful picking comparisons because they are too negatable.
    #FREE

Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They also have a big advantage at the point with Conley over Cole/Chalmers, which combines nicely with their inside advantage. It would be interesting to see how Miami would handle their pick and rolls.

The question for Memphis would be: what do you do when Miami goes small with Lebron at the 4? Obviously neither Gasol or Randolph can guard Lebron - but they need both of them on the floor. Would they dare to try and hide one of them on Battier/Allen? Would they try and play some kind of matchup zone?

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information