View Poll Results: Who will win the Championship?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Miami

18 60.00%
  • OKC

3 10.00%
  • LA Lakers

0 0%
  • LA Clippers

0 0%
  • New York Knicks

0 0%
  • Boston Celtics

0 0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

5 16.67%
  • Houston Hardens

0 0%
  • Denver Nuggets

0 0%
  • Other (Discuss Below)

4 13.33%
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    The question for Memphis would be: what do you do when Miami goes small with Lebron at the 4? Obviously neither Gasol or Randolph can guard Lebron - but they need both of them on the floor. Would they dare to try and hide one of them on Battier/Allen? Would they try and play some kind of matchup zone?
    Yes, but it's also a matchup issue for Miami. Lebron can't guard Randolph or Gasol. I suspect Memphis would deal with it much the same way they have when OKC has tried to go small in the current series. It has worked for stretches but the downside has been that Durant has broken down in games and Gasol/Randolph have been able to play fewer minutes.

2. Like Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Yes, but it's also a matchup issue for Miami.
    Which makes me hope that this will be the final. It'd be a great contrast of old vs new school. I was at the Heat game in Toronto in March, and I remember being amazed at how thin Miami's front line was. I think the Grizz could give them a run.

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Lebron can't guard Randolph or Gasol.
    In crunch time, Lebron is definitely guarding Randolph, with help from double teams here and there. Grizzs' 3 pt shooting is poor, especially considering they'd pretty much be forced to play Tony Allen. It'd be pretty interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

This Miami-Chicago game is absolutely bonkers!!

Miami was up by 18 early, and Chicago leads at the half by 6.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    This Miami-Chicago game is absolutely bonkers!!

Miami was up by 18 early, and Chicago leads at the half by 6.
    They still lose! And OKC is gonna lose tonight as well! The Miami Heat more or less won the championship at this point unless the Spurs and the Pacers can somehow beat Miami. I don't see the Grizzlies and Warriors beating the Heat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    They still lose! And OKC is gonna lose tonight as well! The Miami Heat more or less won the championship at this point unless the Spurs and the Pacers can somehow beat Miami. I don't see the Grizzlies and Warriors beating the Heat.
    Grizzlies actually is the one team that i can see beating the Heat. The others have no chance.
    Follow me on Twitter - @RRyan22

Raptors Republic All-Star enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow.

How much I want to see a GSW vs Memphis west final!!! It would be one of the most unexpected turn outs in the playoffs Ive seen in a while! Sooo unexpected, both those teams arent even mentioned on the poll!!!
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome playoff series so far, probably most interesting I've seen, since 2005.
    #FREE

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep...I think there's little debate left that Kendrick Perkins is useless. It's 4-on-5 with him on the floor.

This tweet pretty much sums up my beliefs:

Writer for RaptorsWatch.com

Twitter - @thekid_it

10. Like white men can't jump liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Yep...I think there's little debate left that Kendrick Perkins is useless. It's 4-on-5 with him on the floor.

Is Perkins useless enough that Toronto could win a Bargnani trade with OKC?? (win meaning getting back an extra asset rather than giving one up just to move Bargs)

Say....Bargnani for Perkins + Perry Jones?

I think given that Ibaka, Collison and Durant get a lot of frontcourt minutes, Jones is lost in the shuffle and a player they're more likely to trade for something rather than develop. At this point, Perkins really isn't better at anything than Bargnani (ok, maybe rebounding) other than intangibles. It's also totally clear to anyone watching OKC play that they desperately need another scorer on the team...Westbrook goes down and Durant has to do everything on his own.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Is Perkins useless enough that Toronto could win a Bargnani trade with OKC?? (win meaning getting back an extra asset rather than giving one up just to move Bargs)

Say....Bargnani for Perkins + Perry Jones?

I think given that Ibaka, Collison and Durant get a lot of frontcourt minutes, Jones is lost in the shuffle and a player they're more likely to trade for something rather than develop. At this point, Perkins really isn't better at anything than Bargnani (ok, maybe rebounding) other than intangibles. It's also totally clear to anyone watching OKC play that they desperately need another scorer on the team...Westbrook goes down and Durant has to do everything on his own.
    With this trade, you're basically swapping pieces of crap...but we're getting back an unused asset in Perry Jones. I'd do it.

I don't know how Perkins starts on OKC, he should be locked to the bench. I'd honestly rather have Thabeet replacing him. At least he's tall and can move faster than a tortoise.

Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually suprised his PER was that high lol.

In approx 24 minutes a game vs Memphis he managed to average almost as many turnovers as points (2.2 vs 2.4) with a Bargnani like rebounding performance (4 boards a game). And shot 17% from the field while doing it (4 for 23).

Just a little support to his ineptitude he had a combined total of -40 for that series (was a negative each and every game - averaged a minus 8 a game)

Post Thanks / Like

No wonder they were interested in JV..
    #FREE

Raptors Republic All-Star enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

JV and Lowry for Westbrook and Ibaka
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    JV and Lowry for Westbrook and Ibaka
    well I bet they would consider it. Although, won't happen as Durant wouldn't let that.
    #FREE

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no good justification for OKC to play Fisher and Perkins this much. Perkins isn't that good on defense anymore since his knee injury, Fisher is terrible on defense and both can't do a lot on offense, which is saying it nicely. Fisher is a 3 and nothing guy. If Fisher is that good a leader make him an assistant coach, but get him off the court. All those teams wanting handicapped veterans is just selfdestruction. They would have a much better chance at productive players giving some young players a chance or search for mid twenties players in Europe (or the D-league).

Memphis will be in trouble against Miami (of course everybody will) because they don't have enough guys hitting their threes, which means Miami can play defense the way they want even if they get outmuscled. They'll throw doubles at everything that tries to dribble inside, hit all the passing lanes, clog the driving lanes and won't get punished by shots from the outside. They need to outrebound Miami by astronomical amounts to even be considered a threat.

GSW at full firing power would be fun against Miami, but I think The Spurs still have the best chance if Splitter is at full strength; he has some Marc Gasol in him on defense and they can hit their threes, which will be key for any team to at least give them a fight.

Having said that, Indiana versus Miami might become an interesting series.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

TP and Timmy would be too much for Miami. Corey Joseph too because he's Canadian #Canadarules #Fucktheheat
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

Very intriguing.

Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Indiana better put up a good fight vs Miami
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Thread Information