View Poll Results: Who will win the Championship?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Miami

18 60.00%
  • OKC

3 10.00%
  • LA Lakers

0 0%
  • LA Clippers

0 0%
  • New York Knicks

0 0%
  • Boston Celtics

0 0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

5 16.67%
  • Houston Hardens

0 0%
  • Denver Nuggets

0 0%
  • Other (Discuss Below)

4 13.33%
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    So how many Warriors game have you watched this year? 5? all playoff games i assume?

It's NOT about the minutes. Barnes has a much more mature game than Ross. Better shooter, better defender, better decision maker, better athlete, overall a MUCH better player. And it's not even close. The only thing that Ross is better at is he's a better dunker than Barnes. That's about it.
    Love how people automatically jump onto the GS bandwagon once they're making noise in the season. 50 bucks says that you were even a Warriors fan last year or the year before that. Just another person who will bandwagon on the next best thing. Not saying I hate the Warriors. I actually like their team and they are an insanely fun team to watch, but you don't see me being all fanboy about it. If you're so fanboy about it, how about going to RealGM's Warriors forum instead.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No bandwagonning here...Go Spurs!! Longest modern "dynasty"? Team has basically been a contender for 15 years. Memphis will need all the luck they can get.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I predict the Heat win in 8 to 10 games.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    Love how people automatically jump onto the GS bandwagon once they're making noise in the season. 50 bucks says that you were even a Warriors fan last year or the year before that. Just another person who will bandwagon on the next best thing. Not saying I hate the Warriors. I actually like their team and they are an insanely fun team to watch, but you don't see me being all fanboy about it. If you're so fanboy about it, how about going to RealGM's Warriors forum instead.
    Not sure about "bandwagon" lol but you're right living in the West Coast, i see them play a lot along with the Lakers.

I started following the W's back in 09 when they drafted Curry. Then they got another great talent two years ago in Thompson. He's the reason why they move Monta Ellis. Then last year they drafted Barnes who i was a big fan of since his UNC days. This Warriors team is going to be special.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure about "bandwagon" lol but you're right living in the West Coast, i see them play a lot along with the Lakers.

I started following the W's back in 09 when they drafted Curry. Then they got another great talent two years ago in Thompson. He's the reason why they move Monta Ellis. Then last year they drafted Barnes who i was a big fan of since his UNC days. This Warriors team is going to be special.
    The problem with the Warriors is and will keep on being the health of Curry and Bogut. The best thing they can do is probably trade Lee to Phoenix for their medical staff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    My conference finals' predictions:

West: Grizzlies in 7. I think Parker will have a tough time defending Conley one-on-one, and the Grizz pick and roll will wreak havoc against slow-footed Tim Duncan. The Spurs have great perimeter defenders in Danny Green and Kawhi, and this caused a bunch of problems for the Warriors' 3pt shooting. However, apart from Conley and Pondexter, Memphis has no reliable 3pt shooters, so they don't have to worry about that.

Grizz usually run either pick and roll or HORNS as they're offensive sets, and having Gasol on the elbow will be deadly, because you take Splitter/Diaw out of the paint. Zeebo loves his left post, and going up against Timmy D shouldn't prove too difficult. Memphis has undoubtedly the best perimeter defense combination in the league in Conley and Tony Allen, so with Conley on Parker and Allen on Kawhi/Ginobili, they'll have a tough time getting going. Allen could also matchup with Parker when Conley's taking a rest.

East: Miami in 5. I think George Hill could go to work against either Chalmers or Cole, and Hibbert should have an incredible series on the glass, considering the Heat have basically no height and no legitimate center, apart from Birdman. This will be a real test for Paul George, as he'll most likely have either LeBron or Wade on him for 90% of the game. This is a great test for him, because he's been able to carry his Pacers team this far, and we'll be able to see whether he can continue his success. George could do a decent job defending LeBron, looking at how stellar he did against Carmelo.

However, at the end of the day, the Heat's all-around amazing defense will work wonders against a horrific half-court offense in the Pacers. If Norris Cole plays like he did in the Bulls series, he could prove to be an X-factor. Bosh's stretch game could prove difficult to defend for someone like Hibbert, and someone like LeBron or Wade could destroy Roy in the PnR.
    I've read this several times and still don't understand how you thought/think this is a good thing. This means that Leonard and Green, two excellent defensive players, will be able to help on Memphis' bigs more without worrying about getting burned. And on the flip side, they're both excellent shooters who'll punish a guy like Allen every time he leaves to help on Duncan or Parker. The fact is, Memphis has emphasized D a bit too much in building their team. I'm not saying it was a mistake tradying Gay (and his contract), but it was definitely a mistake not adding another scoring threat in that deal (or some other deal). It's never a good thing when your opponent doesn't have to worry about certain players. Not only can Leonard/Green double the bigs hard, but they can also cheat a lot just in general to try and minimize the space for entry passes and the p'n'r game.

I'm not saying Memphis has no chance, but if they don't get some kind of production (even just a couple of guys hitting a hot streak shooting on different nights) somewhere on the wings, their top 3 players will basically have to dominate every game in order to win. Again, trying to avoid dissecting the actual trade, but that's why it seemed like such a strange deal to pull given how much they now lack a solid offensive wing player.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Being able to leave Prince and Allen to double team or roam is the main problem. It also look Memphis has to recover from playing such a dreadful offensive team as OKC were in the 2nd round. The defensive wasn't up to their standards and on offense their starting five took only a few threes; that can't happen if they want to create space for Randolph inside. Prince needs to start taking threes, because he is capable of hitting them. It's only one game, so we'll see how they recover, but if the second game goes as bad as the first game, I think Memphis needs to shake it up and start Pondexter. I still don't dislike the deal for Memphis and it's hard to say it made them worse or that they emphasized defense to much, because it did get them to the conference finals.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Being able to leave Prince and Allen to double team or roam is the main problem. It also look Memphis has to recover from playing such a dreadful offensive team as OKC were in the 2nd round. The defensive wasn't up to their standards and on offense their starting five took only a few threes; that can't happen if they want to create space for Randolph inside. Prince needs to start taking threes, because he is capable of hitting them. It's only one game, so we'll see how they recover, but if the second game goes as bad as the first game, I think Memphis needs to shake it up and start Pondexter. I still don't dislike the deal for Memphis and it's hard to say it made them worse or that they emphasized defense to much, because it did get them to the conference finals.
    It's more like they just forgot about offense, I guess. Really, it's just that they seemed to not be concerned with the lack of offensive threats at the wing. That's what I mean by too much. Prince is just not enough of a threat at all. THey don't need an all-star or anything, but none of their wings are guys you worry about. That's a pretty big obstacle to have to overcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Spurs picking Memphis apart. Again, wing production an issue for Memphis. San Antonio is clearly focused on making things hard for Z-Bo.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I've read this several times and still don't understand how you thought/think this is a good thing. This means that Leonard and Green, two excellent defensive players, will be able to help on Memphis' bigs more without worrying about getting burned. And on the flip side, they're both excellent shooters who'll punish a guy like Allen every time he leaves to help on Duncan or Parker. The fact is, Memphis has emphasized D a bit too much in building their team. I'm not saying it was a mistake tradying Gay (and his contract), but it was definitely a mistake not adding another scoring threat in that deal (or some other deal). It's never a good thing when your opponent doesn't have to worry about certain players. Not only can Leonard/Green double the bigs hard, but they can also cheat a lot just in general to try and minimize the space for entry passes and the p'n'r game.

I'm not saying Memphis has no chance, but if they don't get some kind of production (even just a couple of guys hitting a hot streak shooting on different nights) somewhere on the wings, their top 3 players will basically have to dominate every game in order to win. Again, trying to avoid dissecting the actual trade, but that's why it seemed like such a strange deal to pull given how much they now lack a solid offensive wing player.
    Yeah. Now that I look back on this, not having shooters is KILLING the Grizzlies. The only way they'll be able to get back into this is if Allen can hit a shot outside of 15 feet now and then. And even that's a bit of a stretch.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They should try giving Austin Daye some run. Dude is an ok 3pt shooter
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

So how many Warriors game have you watched this year? 5? all playoff games i assume?

It's NOT about the minutes. Barnes has a much more mature game than Ross. Better shooter, better defender, better decision maker, better athlete, overall a MUCH better player. And it's not even close. The only thing that Ross is better at is he's a better dunker than Barnes. That's about it.
    Kind of is, especially when you think of the different roles both possessed throughout the season. Ross was being inconsistently used, in and out of the rotation, and than in and out of the starting lineup, and back on the bench again playing 11 minutes. Barnes played 25.4 minutes and started all the 81 games that he played. He had a major role on the team.

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What a fantastic game 1 for the pacers-heat series.

That was unreal.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy Shit Man! I can't wait for the day our Raps are there...
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Heat should thank Vogel for taking Hibbert out in the last 2 Miami Heat's possession.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like to play devil's advocate in certain questionable decisions, and typically there's a decent reason for the decision made. But wtf Frank Vogel? It's one thing to take Hibbert, a top 3 rim protector, out of the game in the final minute on defence(which was already dumb to begin with), but when you get scored on and realize it didn't work, you don't take him out again with 2.2 seconds left. Hibbert needed to be out there. The pacers playe their hearts out. This loss is on Frank Vogel.

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No Hibbert, no defence, King James took it.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That was so stupid. Not only did Paul George play LeBron in a very bad position allowing an easy drive, Frank Vogel took out the only shot blocker on the team.
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Good article on the last play here:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...ayup-in-game-1

I really don't know what Sam Young was thinking...looks like he did some sort of fake jump in order to throw LeBron off. Either go straight-up strong, or take the foul and make him win it at the FT line.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

The Heat were playing small ball with a lineup of shooters, so why was it a bad idea to take him out? The only reason people are even complaining about this is because PG fucked up hard on D and had no one to clean it up for him.

But let me ask you, who the hell even saw that coming? Who even REALLY expected a layup as the game winning shot?

No matter what happens, there will always be the Armchair coaches who think they're smarter than the guy who gets paid millions to coach a team. Stop complaining ffs.

21. Like RandomGuy liked this post
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information