View Poll Results: Who will win the Championship?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Miami

18 60.00%
  • OKC

3 10.00%
  • LA Lakers

0 0%
  • LA Clippers

0 0%
  • New York Knicks

0 0%
  • Boston Celtics

0 0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

5 16.67%
  • Houston Hardens

0 0%
  • Denver Nuggets

0 0%
  • Other (Discuss Below)

4 13.33%
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can someone please explain to me why the hell did Pop put Duncan on the bench in the final seconds of the 4th quarter? You know they will be shooting a 3. WHY NOT HAVE HIM FOR THE DEFENSIVE REBOUND?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

What a game!

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Tough loss for SA. No way they can comeback from that.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That Kawhi free throw will haunt him for quite a while if they lose on Thursday..
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    Can someone please explain to me why the hell did Pop put Duncan on the bench in the final seconds of the 4th quarter? You know they will be shooting a 3. WHY NOT HAVE HIM FOR THE DEFENSIVE REBOUND?
    Yeah, Gundy said that too. But I'm pretty sure they wanted foul Miami before 1st 3pt shot ( that's before big bosh tip off/rebound ) + let's not foget missed foul shots.

But wow, what a game. Spurs have true champions heart. I hope they can bounce back after this thriller.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Yeah, Gundy said that too. But I'm pretty sure they wanted foul Miami before 1st 3pt shot ( that's before big bosh tip off/rebound ) + let's not foget missed foul shots.

But wow, what a game. Spurs have true champions heart. I hope they can bounce back after this thriller.
    It makes no sense especially coming from Pop! You have a lineup of Parker, Green, Diaw, Leonard and Ginobili. Parker, Green and Ginobili is there as fill. Diaw is there for defense on LeBron. The outlier is Leonard. Why the hell was he in the final possession? He's already undersized. He's the tallest person the floor at 6' 7" outside of Diaw, who has to contest LeBron's 3. If you look at the video, Ginobili was the one who had to box out Bosh. Chris Bosh is 6' 11". Absolutely no one on the floor was gonna be able to box him out. Duncan is also 6' 11". He would have been able to box him out. Pop screwed up! They should have had a lineup of Parker, Green, Ginobili, Duncan, and Diaw. Diaw for the defense on LeBron and Duncan for the defensive rebound. Also, if I recall, when they were down 5, LeBron missed the first 3, they got the offensive rebound without Duncan on the floor and that gave LeBron the opportunity to hit the three to cut it to 2. You would think that Pop would have learned his lesson and put Duncan for the final possession for the defensive rebound.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Tough loss for SA. No way they can comeback from that.
    I thought that after game 2 But Spoelstra HAS to play Mike ''a Nike on my foot" Miller and Ray Allen with Lebron James more to get him in a rhytm with their floor spacing, because the Spurs defense is clamping him down with Dwayne Wades poor floor spacing

Post Thanks / Like

What does everyone think about that last drive by Ginobili? Should there have been a foul on Ray Allen? Or even that block Bosh had on Green in the final second, it was pretty aggressive. Fuck... I have a feeling Miami's going to go nuts in game 7 lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    What does everyone think about that last drive by Ginobili? Should there have been a foul on Ray Allen? Or even that block Bosh had on Green in the final second, it was pretty aggressive. Fuck... I have a feeling Miami's going to go nuts in game 7 lol
    I think there was a foul against Ginobili, but I don't think it should have been called. It's one of the most important games of the NBA Finals and at a very crucial point of the game. I can see why they didn't want to call it. I mean if LeBron didn't get called on like 50% of his drives (which had an equal amount of contact), I don't think Manu will be called for that one. Not to mention, Manu doesn't really deserve the ref's calls with his play. If you're asking about whether you think the calls were unfair against the Spurs, I have to disagree. Let be first say that I hate the Heat and want the Spurs to win. The refs were pretty "fair". In the 1st-3rd quarter, the Spurs were getting quite of bit of calls in favor of them and the Heat weren't getting much. In the 4th quarter, the Heat swung the momentum and got a lot more calls. I would have to say that it was pretty fair. I can see why people say that it was rigged since the Spurs didn't get any good calls at the end of the game. In my opinion, I don't think the refs were too much of a problem this game.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    Spurs should've called a timeout. Not sure what Ginobili was doing there.

I think Miami's going to blow out the Spurs on thursday.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

Frankly, I don't know why Ginobili was even in the 4th quarter. He was absolute garbage.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Frankly, I don't know why Ginobili was even in the 4th quarter. He was absolute garbage.
    Whatchyatalkinbout? Dude was close to a double double: 9pts 8tos, that has to be woth something; right?

Post Thanks / Like

Popovich made a few highly questionable decisions in that game, including having Duncan out on the last two possessions. To me, his biggest mistake was starting that 4th quarter with both Duncan and Parker on the bench. That lead they worked so hard to get dissapeated and Miami, which looked to be on its last legs, found new life.

Popovich cost SA that game.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, but he was clearly fouled with 1.9 left during OT. Someone just pulled a robbery

Post Thanks / Like

By the way, did anyone else notice that Miami is much better with Wade on the bench?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah well Greg Popovich is his coach, with one timeout left if Greg isn't calling it then I guess you just go for it. Either way Ray got him across both arms.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say Bosh's foul on Green was even more blatant.. but both at the end were clear fouls. However, on Manu's drive, Refs will rarely call that if the game is on the line. As much as they love determining the outcome, they "don't want to determine the outcome of the game".
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    I'd say Bosh's foul on Green was even more blatant.. but both at the end were clear fouls. However, on Manu's drive, Refs will rarely call that if the game is on the line. As much as they love determining the outcome, they "don't want to determine the outcome of the game".
    I didn't see the replay today, but it looked like Heat defender got across Manu arms when he was ATTACKING the basket. This is what Manu wanted to do, drive, get fouled / get lucky(pts) or make free throws. At least NBA should release article that refs made mistake.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Yeah, but they let a lot go, especially from what I caught in the second half drifting in and out of consciousness. They could have called it a bit tighter, but the game was getting so intense, and I guess they decided to take the "let them play" approach. I think that's usually the best call. If you don't set a precedent for blowing a tight whistle early in the game, it's hard to start tightening it late in the game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    I didn't see the replay today, but it looked like Heat defender got across Manu arms when he was ATTACKING the basket. This is what Manu wanted to do, drive, get fouled / get lucky(pts) or make free throws. At least NBA should release article that refs made mistake.
    But if thats what he intended to do, then it was a massive mistake. Never leave it in the hands of the Referees. Especially when' they've been letting alot of things slide.
    In Masai we Trust.

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information