View Poll Results: Who will win the Championship?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Miami

18 60.00%
  • OKC

3 10.00%
  • LA Lakers

0 0%
  • LA Clippers

0 0%
  • New York Knicks

0 0%
  • Boston Celtics

0 0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

5 16.67%
  • Houston Hardens

0 0%
  • Denver Nuggets

0 0%
  • Other (Discuss Below)

4 13.33%
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

ESPN: Harrison Barnes first rook to average 16 PPG & 6 RPG in single postseason (min. 10 games) since David Robinson.

Gonna be a great role player in this league for sure.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    ESPN: Harrison Barnes first rook to average 16 PPG & 6 RPG in single postseason (min. 10 games) since David Robinson.

Seriously man, wtf is your point? DO you want to have his babies? I'm not sure why everything you post is about Harrison Barnes.

And I don't even understand your opinion of him...you have him in comparisons to top rookie playoff performers like David Robinson, and then call him a role player...

I really just have no fucking clue what your agenda is here.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Seriously man, wtf is your point? DO you want to have his babies? I'm not sure why everything you post is about Harrison Barnes.

And I don't even understand your opinion of him...you have him in comparisons to top rookie playoff performers like David Robinson, and then call him a role player...

I really just have no fucking clue what your agenda is here.
    He is a GSW fan, I dunno why he doesnt go to GSW forums to spout his manlove
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

4. Like ReubenJRD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    He is a GSW fan, I dunno why he doesnt go to GSW forums to spout his manlove
    Also, Steph Curry is G.O.A.T.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post

finally you get it. The dude's ceiling is Luol Deng or Gerald Wallace, i'd be surprised if he ended up any better
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    finally you get it. The dude's ceiling is Luol Deng or Gerald Wallace, i'd be surprised if he ended up any better
    What's saying he can't be better? I'm not saying he's MJ 2.0 , but we've seen nothing so far that says his ceiling can't be higher.

At least he's shown us he can play. Ross has shown us didley squat.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    To be fair, Ross could probably jump directly over top of Barnes... so there's that.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

My conference finals' predictions:

West: Grizzlies in 7. I think Parker will have a tough time defending Conley one-on-one, and the Grizz pick and roll will wreak havoc against slow-footed Tim Duncan. The Spurs have great perimeter defenders in Danny Green and Kawhi, and this caused a bunch of problems for the Warriors' 3pt shooting. However, apart from Conley and Pondexter, Memphis has no reliable 3pt shooters, so they don't have to worry about that.

Grizz usually run either pick and roll or HORNS as they're offensive sets, and having Gasol on the elbow will be deadly, because you take Splitter/Diaw out of the paint. Zeebo loves his left post, and going up against Timmy D shouldn't prove too difficult. Memphis has undoubtedly the best perimeter defense combination in the league in Conley and Tony Allen, so with Conley on Parker and Allen on Kawhi/Ginobili, they'll have a tough time getting going. Allen could also matchup with Parker when Conley's taking a rest.

East: Miami in 5. I think George Hill could go to work against either Chalmers or Cole, and Hibbert should have an incredible series on the glass, considering the Heat have basically no height and no legitimate center, apart from Birdman. This will be a real test for Paul George, as he'll most likely have either LeBron or Wade on him for 90% of the game. This is a great test for him, because he's been able to carry his Pacers team this far, and we'll be able to see whether he can continue his success. George could do a decent job defending LeBron, looking at how stellar he did against Carmelo.

However, at the end of the day, the Heat's all-around amazing defense will work wonders against a horrific half-court offense in the Pacers. If Norris Cole plays like he did in the Bulls series, he could prove to be an X-factor. Bosh's stretch game could prove difficult to defend for someone like Hibbert, and someone like LeBron or Wade could destroy Roy in the PnR.
    Last edited by isaacthompson; Sun May 19th, 2013 at 02:18 PM.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

What's saying he can't be better? I'm not saying he's MJ 2.0 , but we've seen nothing so far that says his ceiling can't be higher.

He cant create his own shot for Jack. And Ross was getting bitchslapped by dwane casey on the fucking bench
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

He cant create his own shot for Jack. And Ross was getting bitchslapped by dwane casey on the fucking bench
    Lol and Ross can? Every time he dribbles the ball it either results in a TO or it just looks awkward as hell. You can't blame everything on Casey...with all that time on the bench, you better be ready to play when you're called on.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

12. Like ReubenJRD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol and Ross can? Every time he dribbles the ball it either results in a TO or it just looks awkward as hell. You can't blame everything on Casey...with all that time on the bench, you better be ready to play when you're called on.
    Yea. Ross is a twig compared to barnes but i've seen him finish a lot of nice shots in the paint. And Barnes has had his fair share of crappy games but Mark Jackson let him play through it. Unlike Dwane "i hate Rookies" Casey

Post Thanks / Like

Yea. Ross is a twig compared to barnes but i've seen him finish a lot of nice shots in the paint. And Barnes has had his fair share of crappy games but Mark Jackson let him play through it. Unlike Dwane "i hate Rookies" Casey
    If Ross doesn't wanna get in the weight room, then that's not my fault.

And GSW lets Barnes play through it because they don't have anyone else that will fill that position. Then they'd have to either go really small with Bazemore/Jack/Curry, or they'd have to throw Richard Jefferson in. In Toronto, if Ross is having a bad game, we can throw DeMar in there, or AA, or even Landry. The 2 guard position is too jammed to make mistakes.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't Casey have Jefferson in front of Barnes in the rotation? It wouldn't surprise me.

Post Thanks / Like

If Ross doesn't wanna get in the weight room, then that's not my fault.

And GSW lets Barnes play through it because they don't have anyone else that will fill that position. Then they'd have to either go really small with Bazemore/Jack/Curry, or they'd have to throw Richard Jefferson in. In Toronto, if Ross is having a bad game, we can throw DeMar in there, or AA, or even Landry. The 2 guard position is too jammed to make mistakes.
    You just gave yourself the answer. I have no doubt in my mind that Ross would put up better numbers than Barnes if he had the same luxury

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Memphis Teddy Bears
    P.S Bonner (45th pick) = Bargnani (1st pick) + everything he lacks
    #FREE

Post Thanks / Like

You just gave yourself the answer. I have no doubt in my mind that Ross would put up better numbers than Barnes if he had the same luxury
    I agree with that...
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...r_minute::none

I'm just saying if Ross is not gonna make the most of his limited minutes, then it's definitely hurting his development more than if he was doing well in limited minutes. If his initial development is flawed, it's not going to matter how many minutes he gets.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

With all this Ross/Barnes talk, I'd probably still take Barnes to this day. The guy has just as much potential - if not more - than Terrence Ross. Better shooter, just as good a finisher, can defend individually and in a system, and has more of an NBA ready body than Ross.

While Ross is a better athlete, and the minute differential is a major flaw in this argument, Barnes just has a lot more of those small things to be successful in the NBA game whether he's going to come off the bench, a starter, an all-star, superstar, etc. From this rookie season - again, minutes might be against it - Ross's outside shooting wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be, much more "raw" than I had expected, and his athleticism and "potential" were the only bright spots. Too many "what if's" for him this season. Blame all the minute spread and all that on Casey, but Ross has had a good enough number of opportunities to earn his time and play.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    With all this Ross/Barnes talk, I'd probably still take Barnes to this day. The guy has just as much potential - if not more - than Terrence Ross. Better shooter, just as good a finisher, can defend individually and in a system, and has more of an NBA ready body than Ross.

While Ross is a better athlete, and the minute differential is a major flaw in this argument, Barnes just has a lot more of those small things to be successful in the NBA game whether he's going to come off the bench, a starter, an all-star, superstar, etc. From this rookie season - again, minutes might be against it - Ross's outside shooting wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be, much more "raw" than I had expected, and his athleticism and "potential" were the only bright spots. Too many "what if's" for him this season. Blame all the minute spread and all that on Casey, but Ross has had a good enough number of opportunities to earn his time and play.
    Without looking into it closely, I would have said Barnes was the better athlete. So I checked the 2012 NBA draft combine athleticism tests and sure enough Barnes was bigger, faster, jumped higher and was more agile than Ross. A clean sweep in vertical leaps, sprints, agility, and bench press.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-...15&pos=0&sort=

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So how many Warriors game have you watched this year? 5? all playoff games i assume?

It's NOT about the minutes. Barnes has a much more mature game than Ross. Better shooter, better defender, better decision maker, better athlete, overall a MUCH better player. And it's not even close. The only thing that Ross is better at is he's a better dunker than Barnes. That's about it.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    Without looking into it closely, I would have said Barnes was the better athlete. So I checked the 2012 NBA draft combine athleticism tests and sure enough Barnes was bigger, faster, jumped higher and was more agile than Ross. A clean sweep in vertical leaps, sprints, agility, and bench press.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-...15&pos=0&sort=
    I think Ross' in game athleticism is more explosive than Barnes', even if the tests don't show it, Barnes is a better player though

Thread Information