View Poll Results: Who will win the Championship?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Miami

18 60.00%
  • OKC

3 10.00%
  • LA Lakers

0 0%
  • LA Clippers

0 0%
  • New York Knicks

0 0%
  • Boston Celtics

0 0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

5 16.67%
  • Houston Hardens

0 0%
  • Denver Nuggets

0 0%
  • Other (Discuss Below)

4 13.33%
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs

Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    It's even worse when they find nothing wrong with flopping. James said, "Some guys have been doing it for years, just trying to get an advantage. Any way you can get an advantage over the opponent to help your team win, so be it." So based on his logic, there's absolutely nothing wrong with performance enhancing steroids since you're taking an advantage over the opponent to win. It's just pathetic especially when the Heat continue to flop even when they have the lead.
    Comparing what could be defined as exploiting the rules or at worst bending the rules is a far cry from outright cheating. (especially cheating on the scale that could harm the entire league)

If flopping is pathetic, the Spurs should be one of the most pathetic teams in the league. Manu is the kings of the flop. Or what about Robert Horry when he was on the team? Parker has never been afraid of embellishment or two himself. Instead the Spurs are praised for their genius, their fundamental basketball, their team building.

And most of the greatest basketball players are known for bending the rules or taking advantage of them. Jordan and Reggie were notorious for dirty tricks. Grabbing jersey's, hooks, elbows, push offs. These were outright fouls if the refs saw them or called them. But the refs didn't, so they would keep using them.

Why is it such a crime that Lebron just tells the truth?

2. Like ReubenJRD liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets set things straight here. Shane Battier is the king of flops
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i think we're all forgetting about Anderson Varejao - HE IS THE GOD OF FLOPS.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craiger wrote: View Post
    Comparing what could be defined as exploiting the rules or at worst bending the rules is a far cry from outright cheating. (especially cheating on the scale that could harm the entire league)

If flopping is pathetic, the Spurs should be one of the most pathetic teams in the league. Manu is the kings of the flop. Or what about Robert Horry when he was on the team? Parker has never been afraid of embellishment or two himself. Instead the Spurs are praised for their genius, their fundamental basketball, their team building.

And most of the greatest basketball players are known for bending the rules or taking advantage of them. Jordan and Reggie were notorious for dirty tricks. Grabbing jersey's, hooks, elbows, push offs. These were outright fouls if the refs saw them or called them. But the refs didn't, so they would keep using them.

Why is it such a crime that Lebron just tells the truth?
    Because he's a hypocritical flopper himself. You don't see Manu or Parker talking to the press saying "I'm not a flopper." Instead he's ignorant enough to goes to the media and flat out says he isn't one when he's a notorious flopper himself.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

#FREE

7. Like isaacthompson, Blacklash2k4 liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

9. Like RandomGuy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

LeBron was fined $5,000 for flopping. I'm glad the NBA decided to finally fine LeBron. It's about damn time, but $5,000? Really? He makes like $17.5 million. That's equivalent to one making $50,000 being fined $14.25. That's just pathetic. They should start giving out technical fouls for flopping. Maybe suspensions would give them incentive not to flop and play basketball instead of all the acting.

BTW, why are there no fines towards Battier and Wade? Those two are more habitual floppers than West and Stephenson. So WHY?

Post Thanks / Like

A flopping call is pretty difficult to make; it would just add to the amount of wrong calls and some probably at the wrong time (and for fun probably in favor of Miami).

I can't remember how many people were complaing about Battier flopping before he played in Miami, because he's doing it quite a bit longer.

There are so many of these semi-cheating moves, you can find most good players quitly of one or the other. Nowitzki traveled about 80 times a game when they beat Miami. Harden travels even more per game, which is why he gets to the free throw line so much, he can almost go from the threepoint line to the basket without dribbling, he uses the rule on gathering the ball to get a whole extra step. Durant, like Kobe and Reggie Miller and many other shooters still bring their hands up quickly to push through a defenders hands and pretend to shoot and, even though it was supposedly an emphasis not to call free throws on those this year, Durant went to the line of that exact move multiple times in the play-offs this year. Indiana cried like babies about the flopping, yet I saw them flop a couple of times this last game.

It's just all over the place; they should try some things to limit all these semi-cheating moves, but it has to be with some restraint because these are very often tough calls and the game is hard enough to call as it is. People should also not pretend like Miami isn't the only team to do it. I know, like with the B-man, we all decided to hate Miami (ok, lots of us did) but they all do these things one way or another. Except us of course, but that's probably because we're just not very smart.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    A flopping call is pretty difficult to make; it would just add to the amount of wrong calls and some probably at the wrong time (and for fun probably in favor of Miami).

I can't remember how many people were complaing about Battier flopping before he played in Miami, because he's doing it quite a bit longer.

There are so many of these semi-cheating moves, you can find most good players quitly of one or the other. Nowitzki traveled about 80 times a game when they beat Miami. Harden travels even more per game, which is why he gets to the free throw line so much, he can almost go from the threepoint line to the basket without dribbling, he uses the rule on gathering the ball to get a whole extra step. Durant, like Kobe and Reggie Miller and many other shooters still bring their hands up quickly to push through a defenders hands and pretend to shoot and, even though it was supposedly an emphasis not to call free throws on those this year, Durant went to the line of that exact move multiple times in the play-offs this year. Indiana cried like babies about the flopping, yet I saw them flop a couple of times this last game.

It's just all over the place; they should try some things to limit all these semi-cheating moves, but it has to be with some restraint because these are very often tough calls and the game is hard enough to call as it is. People should also not pretend like Miami isn't the only team to do it. I know, like with the B-man, we all decided to hate Miami (ok, lots of us did) but they all do these things one way or another. Except us of course, but that's probably because we're just not very smart.
    Yeah, that should never happen, especially with how piss poor the officiating already is in the league. They don't need to introduce a call that's damn-near impossible to make even if you're the best ref.

Post Thanks / Like

Officiating is really very very poor compared to other leagues, and Im not being subjective, I like NBA.
    #FREE

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    LeBron was fined $5,000 for flopping. I'm glad the NBA decided to finally fine LeBron. It's about damn time, but $5,000? Really? He makes like $17.5 million. That's equivalent to one making $50,000 being fined $14.25. That's just pathetic. They should start giving out technical fouls for flopping. Maybe suspensions would give them incentive not to flop and play basketball instead of all the acting.

BTW, why are there no fines towards Battier and Wade? Those two are more habitual floppers than West and Stephenson. So WHY?
    They do give technicals for flopping in the Euroleague, although the reffing is much better over there.
    Writer for RaptorsWatch.com

Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    They do give technicals for flopping in the Euroleague, although the reffing is much better over there.
    Then I see no reason why we can't do it here. It give habitual floppers incentive not to flop and just play the game of basketball. I guess the problem is the lack of good refs in the NBA. That's really a shame.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, seriously, the reffing isn't better in the euroleague than in the nba. I'm sorry, but that's complete bs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Ok, seriously, the reffing isn't better in the euroleague than in the nba. I'm sorry, but that's complete bs.
    How much of Euroleague do you watch, just curious.
    #FREE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    How much of Euroleague do you watch, just curious.
    Probably about 10-15 games each year, enough to get a decent perspective on it in my opinion.

It's a case of the grass being greener on the other side. There are plenty of questionable calls there as well. Sure, there are a couple of wrong calls every game, but the speed at which things happen generally is incredibly high making a good call at all times impossible. There might be a call possible at maybe every other possession? (gross estimate of course), having referees make a call or non-call almost a hunderd times every game in splits of seconds. Who doesn't expect a decent amount of mistakes there?

I don't care a lot about mistakes by referees, sure they happen and when they happen at the wrong time they suck. But generally speaking, I think referees make a lot less mistakes than players do, I don't know why they have to be without mistakes, it's just not possible.

Sidenote: being a referee in the nba asks a lot more; it's a game much where athleticism and speed are at a much higher level and (also due to the difference in rules) much more important and this makes it a harder game to call. I think some games are quite comically refereed at international events when usa plays; referees are having great difficulty with these games, because they are not used to that kind of speed and athleticism. That aren't just euroleague referees, but it shows that international referees in general usually don't perform at the same standards as in the nba.

Post Thanks / Like

Game 7 baby! One of the best series i've seen in a while.

Hibbert is a beast. I'm really impressed how much his game has evolved. He's got a little Olajuwon in his game now.
    Follow me on Twitter - @RRyan22

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm dead serious when I say NBA personnel may be calling the officials before Game 7...not sure the league wants a Pacers-Spurs finals.
    Writer for RaptorsWatch.com

Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't doubt it.Though, Miami getting taken out by Indiana would be quite the turn of events..
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Rookie Colonel Hapablap's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"Dwyane Wade SUUUUUUUUUCKS!!!"

-Michael Westen, 2007

Amazing how right he was!!!

P.S. I'd love to see who can name the show and the episode for this reference.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I wanna see Miami get knocked the fuck out by the Pacers. It would be interesting to watch the Spurs go up against the Pacers
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Thread Information