View Poll Results: Who will win the Championship?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Miami

18 60.00%
  • OKC

3 10.00%
  • LA Lakers

0 0%
  • LA Clippers

0 0%
  • New York Knicks

0 0%
  • Boston Celtics

0 0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

5 16.67%
  • Houston Hardens

0 0%
  • Denver Nuggets

0 0%
  • Other (Discuss Below)

4 13.33%
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm calling it now. Memphis will play Miami in the NBA Finals.

Who created this poll anyway? Houston? Boston? Clippers? NYK? Lakers? these guys have ZERO chance of winning. Where's the Grizzlies?
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    I'm calling it now. Memphis will play Miami in the NBA Finals.

Who created this poll anyway? Houston? Boston? Clippers? NYK? Lakers? these guys have ZERO chance of winning. Where's the Grizzlies?
    seriously.. the lakers? houston?
    over GSW and Memphis?

Still I wouldnt count LAC as out just yet! Could bring it to game 7, then its anyones series!
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The West is SO wide open, thanks to GS's amazing play so far, Westbrook injury, Clips' weapons & Grizz grind-it-out play, SA and their great team ball, lots of fun basketball from that conference.

The East? Not so much... Haven't caught a glimpse of the Pacers/Hawks game, Miami is going to the finals, NYK is overrated in my honest opinion, Chicago or Brooklyn are pretenders this season. I mean, c'mon.

Post Thanks / Like

Watching these playoff series is exciting as a basketball fan but depressing as a Raps fan. Teams like SA, Miami and OKC look like they play in a different league. And even the second and third tier teams (with a couple of exceptions) have gears the Raps don't have.

Loving the Western series (LA/Mem, GS/Den, Hou/OKC). The level of play is stellar. The Bulls/Nets series has also been interesting. Hopefully we get lots of game 7s.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Watching these playoff series is exciting as a basketball fan but depressing as a Raps fan. Teams like SA, Miami and OKC look like they play in a different league. And even the second and third tier teams (with a couple of exceptions) have gears the Raps don't have.

Loving the Western series (LA/Mem, GS/Den, Hou/OKC). The level of play is stellar. The Bulls/Nets series has also been interesting. Hopefully we get lots of game 7s.
    Honestly the raptors are probably better than some of these teams in terms of talent. Its just a matter of putting it together this off season and training camp. Houston, Milwaukee, Atlanta, Maybe brooklyn, boston; these are all teams the raptors have more talent than, imo. You could say we're on par with NYC as well. Miami, OKC, Clippers, Indiana, Spurs are some examples of teams that are simply more talented than us or are just very well run in terms of coaching and management to ensure success

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Honestly the raptors are probably better than some of these teams in terms of talent. Its just a matter of putting it together this off season and training camp. Houston, Milwaukee, Atlanta, Maybe brooklyn, boston; these are all teams the raptors have more talent than, imo. You could say we're on par with NYC as well. Miami, OKC, Clippers, Indiana, Spurs are some examples of teams that are simply more talented than us or are just very well run in terms of coaching and management to ensure success
    I love what Houston is doing; they got some great talent that they are not even playing right now like Motiejunas and Robinson. They can either be developed or flipped in a trade. They also got great young guys in Beverley and Parsons. In my opinion they have much more talent in depth than we do.

A team like the Clippers, on the other hand, is doing a lot of things wrong (in my opinion). They got a young core of Bledsoe, Jordan and Griffin, but they are surrounded by a large bunch of at minimum 32 year old. Maybe because they want to convince Paul to stay they have gone in win now mode, but their young big guys aren't good enough for that yet. The really old veterans will need to be replaced almost every other year by others, they have no upside anymore and will only get worse. As you can see by the play of Billups and Butler in the last game, most of them don't add much value offensively and they certainly don't add any value defensively. Their roles could have been easily performed by a couple of younger guys with upside for the future who can be with the team for years on cheap salaries and really develop and learn within the system, just like the Spurs use and develop young or mid-20's guys.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My hate for JR Smith only increased after tonight's performance...comes out dead in a must-win for the Knicks. Series shifts over to Boston now...if the Celtics can take that, we may witness history in Game 7.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    I love what Houston is doing; they got some great talent that they are not even playing right now like Motiejunas and Robinson. They can either be developed or flipped in a trade. They also got great young guys in Beverley and Parsons. In my opinion they have much more talent in depth than we do.

A team like the Clippers, on the other hand, is doing a lot of things wrong (in my opinion). They got a young core of Bledsoe, Jordan and Griffin, but they are surrounded by a large bunch of at minimum 32 year old. Maybe because they want to convince Paul to stay they have gone in win now mode, but their young big guys aren't good enough for that yet. The really old veterans will need to be replaced almost every other year by others, they have no upside anymore and will only get worse. As you can see by the play of Billups and Butler in the last game, most of them don't add much value offensively and they certainly don't add any value defensively. Their roles could have been easily performed by a couple of younger guys with upside for the future who can be with the team for years on cheap salaries and really develop and learn within the system, just like the Spurs use and develop young or mid-20's guys.
    Agree on Houston. I love the Rockets. Great game last night. OKC played scared. They basically conceded they couldn't stop Houston with hack-a-Asik. I think the Thunder are in trouble without Westbrook. They are basically an isolation team without one of their main weapons. Always trouble.

The Clippers need someone besides Paul who can create his own shot. The Grizz are just honing in on Paul and daring someone else to make a play. Griffin and Jordan can't generate their own looks. One of the things the playoffs always do is highlight the need for shot creators. Offenses break down as defenses get better and tighten up and you need a couple guys who can create from nothing.

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    The OKC vote count is now at 2, which means someone voted for them post-Westbrook injury. LOL.
    I did, thought the poll was for who I wanted to win, not who I thought would win. OKC has no chance minus westbrook. They would have it tough against Miami either way. I think which ever team comes out of the west will have little left in the tank to give Miami a hard time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    I did, thought the poll was for who I wanted to win, not who I thought would win. OKC has no chance minus westbrook. They would have it tough against Miami either way. I think which ever team comes out of the west will have little left in the tank to give Miami a hard time.
    Yeah...OKC will barely make it out of the first round. The way they played last night was laughable, the final score will tell you nothing.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmmmm. After the Denver/Golden State series, beat writers, analysts, fans, and even Andre Miller throwing George Karl under the bus.

Can someone explain this to me? I thought the players seriously under-performed was the major reason. Karl threw some great lineups out there, and even sent some solid defensive looks at Curry and co. Eh, I don't understand this.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    Hmmmmmm. After the Denver/Golden State series, beat writers, analysts, fans, and even Andre Miller throwing George Karl under the bus.

Can someone explain this to me? I thought the players seriously under-performed was the major reason. Karl threw some great lineups out there, and even sent some solid defensive looks at Curry and co. Eh, I don't understand this.
    I dont know anyone who is throwing Karl under the bus, I even found an article stating 'he pulled all the right strings'.

Overall it was an amazingly close series, a few calls this way, a few key rebounds that way, and the result wouldve been very different.

Stephen Curry in my opinion literally willed his team to victory, and that is a testament to his unique skill. Only real stars can will a victory.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

13. Like ReubenJRD liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If lee comes back. Golden state could make it to the finals against Miami

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    If lee comes back. Golden state could make it to the finals against Miami
    I don't know. WE'll see what happens when/if GSW has to play a very defensive style of game. This Den - GSW series was qite lacking in D. Until GSW shows they can win a series, not a game, by grinding it out, I'm reluctant to get too excited about them.

*Talent really isn't in question with GSW. Curry and Bogut are very good anchors at those positions, and they are pretty well loaded up everywhere else. For me it's durability and style. They have struggled to stay healthy as a team, which is partly just awful luck (but partly injury prone players like Curry, Bogut). But really, to me, like I said above, it's that I haven't seen them win consistently with a so-called "playoff" style of basketball.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri May 3rd, 2013 at 11:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ReubenJRD wrote: View Post

Whered you see that?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Sig wrote: View Post
    Whered you see that?
    Twitter. "We got outplayed, we got outcoached." Sorry, Hardwood Paroxysm retweeted it, I don't wanna go searching for it.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope Derrick Rose feels like a complete dipshit, sitting on the bench perfectly fine while his team battles amongst the injuries. Nate was literally throwing up on the bench last night...but nooo Rose isn't "mentally ready". I'd be super pissed if I was a Bulls fan.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

19. Like ReubenJRD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope Derrick Rose feels like a complete dipshit, sitting on the bench perfectly fine while his team battles amongst the injuries. Nate was literally throwing up on the bench last night...but nooo Rose isn't "mentally ready". I'd be super pissed if I was a Bulls fan.
    David Lee came back early. Another teammate in Noah is playing through plantar faciatis. Jeremy Lin is coming back to play after getting injured in the series.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It may actually not be his call. When Noah was injured a couple of years ago, ownership did not want him to come back in the playoffs as they feared he could get injured again or relapse. The coach at the time (I believe it was Vinny Del Negro), wanted to play him.. and there was some tension between the two.... I believe ownership fired Del Negro because of it.

Ownership may not want Rose to play, and Thibs might not be wanting to start a controversy and affect his team. So easiest thing to do would be to shut him down.

Rose could be a wuss, but there is always another side to every story.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    It may actually not be his call. When Noah was injured a couple of years ago, ownership did not want him to come back in the playoffs as they feared he could get injured again or relapse. The coach at the time (I believe it was Vinny Del Negro), wanted to play him.. and there was some tension between the two.... I believe ownership fired Del Negro because of it.

Ownership may not want Rose to play, and Thibs might not be wanting to start a controversy and affect his team. So easiest thing to do would be to shut him down.

Rose could be a wuss, but there is always another side to every story.
    Every story about this has Rose himself making the decision not to play, not ownership, not the team's physician. Nevertheless, I don't know enough about it to judge him on this.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information