View Poll Results: Who will win the Championship?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Miami

18 60.00%
  • OKC

3 10.00%
  • LA Lakers

0 0%
  • LA Clippers

0 0%
  • New York Knicks

0 0%
  • Boston Celtics

0 0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

5 16.67%
  • Houston Hardens

0 0%
  • Denver Nuggets

0 0%
  • Other (Discuss Below)

4 13.33%
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    When neither Curry or Thompson are hitting their shots, GS is put in deep trouble. They sure aren't gonna win games grinding it out down low.
    I could actually see Andrew Bogut and David Lee being a VERY formidable duo, ala Gasol and Randolph; but with Shooters.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    I wonder how they incorporate all this stuff in the game plan meetings.

Noah having fun...

I actually chuckled when I saw this. I don't know how many times I've seen Chalmers and Bosh get into it during games.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craiger wrote: View Post
    I actually chuckled when I saw this. I don't know how many times I've seen Chalmers and Bosh get into it during games.
    Ripping on Chalmers is like a game for this team, almost everyone does it. He should also be fearing for his starting job next season, with the way Norris Cole is playing.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Harrison Barnes is going to end up as the BEST player in the 2012 draft. This guy is amazing.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Harrison Barnes is going to end up as the BEST player in the 2012 draft. This guy is amazing.
    Dat damn coin toss!!! FUUUU!!!

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats more than premature to say something like that. Anthony Davis, DAMIAN LILLARD...terrence ross
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

7. Like ReubenJRD liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

*puts on homer glasses*

NO BUT TERRENCE ROSS. WAY HIGHER CEILING BRO.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Thats more than premature to say something like that. Anthony Davis, DAMIAN LILLARD...terrence ross
    Drummond, Davis and Lillard. Great players as well but when are they going to make the playoffs?

Post Thanks / Like

Drummond, Davis and Lillard. Great players as well but when are they going to make the playoffs?
    This has to be the stupidest argument ever. Do you honestly think that Harrison Barnes had little if any impact on the Warriors playoff run? it was Steph curry, Lee, Thompson, Bogut and Jack. Barnes had very little impact to get them into the playoffs, but he has contributed significantly during them. Barnes looks like a solid role player to me, like Luol Deng
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

This has to be the stupidest argument ever. Do you honestly think that Harrison Barnes had little if any impact on the Warriors playoff run? it was Steph curry, Lee, Thompson, Bogut and Jack. Barnes had very little impact to get them into the playoffs, but he has contributed significantly during them. Barnes looks like a solid role player to me, like Luol Deng
    Lol Barnes started 81 games this season while playing 25 minutes a game. Bogut played in 32 games, while playing 25 minutes a game.

How can you say that Bogut is more responsible for leading this team into the playoffs than Barnes?
    Harrison has been CRUCIAL to them all season.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Comments like this it's pretty obvious that you don't follow the Warriors.

Anyway, if Barnes is nothing more than a solid role player, then what is DeRozan and Gay? scrubs?

Because, Barnes is a much better shooter than both. He's already a better low post player than DD. He can create his own shots. He's a better defender than both DD and Gay. Barnes usually guards opposing team's top SG/SF. And the thing that i like about him the most? he's CLUTCH. He's not afraid to take the big shots. He's always been like that since he was in UNC. And oh btw, Barnes is only 20 years old.

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyway, if Barnes is nothing more than a solid role player, then what is DeRozan and Gay? scrubs?

Because, Barnes is a much better shooter than both. He's already a better low post player than DD. He can create his own shots. He's a better defender than both DD and Gay. Barnes usually guards opposing team's top SG/SF. And the thing that i like about him the most? he's CLUTCH. He's not afraid to take the big shots. He's always been like that since he was in UNC. And oh btw, Barnes is only 20 years old.
    He's going to be good. Similar to Deng with couple more spices.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

He's right though. Your argument was stupid. Originally, the statement was that it was premature to say that he will be THE BEST player in the draft (Best = better than anyone else in the draft). You replied saying "Drummond, Davis and Lillard. Great players as well but when are they going to make the playoffs?" You're basically saying that Drummond, Davis and Lillard are below Barnes JUST BECAUSE THE WARRIORS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS. That's just a really stupid supporting argument because being on a playoff team doesn't automatically mean that he is the best player in the draft. It's like saying that Norris Cole is the best player in the 2011 NBA Draft because he won a championship with the Heat. It's obviously not true. Barnes is a solid starting role player. He's not the MAJOR part of the offense. He complimented the offense (which is what role players do) but we all know that Curry, Thompson and Lee are the major part of the offense. He is only a major part of the offense ATM because Lee is injured. He will be a bigger part of the offense in the future but as of the majority of this season, he has been nothing but a role player. NoPropsneeded is right. He didn't significantly help them get into the playoffs as he was extremely inconsistent. Curry significantly helped them get into the playoffs. And NoPropsneeded is also right when he said he has contributed significantly during the playoffs since he has stepped up his game. As for your counterargument, it's not fair to compare Barnes to DeRozan and Gay as they are on different teams. You're making an argument for the sake of trying to win the argument. TO THE WARRIORS, he's a role player (On a scrubbier team, he could be considered a "star" player). TO THE RAPTORS, DeRozan and Gay are our "star" players as they are the major part of our offense. BTW, I'm using the term "star player" as I don't really have a better term to describe a player that is more than a role player but not quite an All-Star in the NBA. Different players will be considered different roles on different teams unless you're an absolute superstar like CP3, LBJ and Kobe. Me and NoPropsneeded ARE NOT SAYING THAT HE IS OR WILL BE A BAD PLAYER IN THE NBA. We're saying that he's not the go-to guy for the Warriors that you make him out to be.
    Last edited by Blacklash2k4; Mon May 13th, 2013 at 01:40 AM.

15. Like NoPropsneeded liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty reckless post. I bet you just watched last two quarters of the game or seen just the recap. Check the stat line, most of players would score those points with:
    9-26 FGM-A, 7-7 FT and 51:21 minutes (most on the team).
    #FREE

17. Like NoPropsneeded liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Lol Barnes started 81 games this season while playing 25 minutes a game. Bogut played in 32 games, while playing 25 minutes a game.

How can you say that Bogut is more responsible for leading this team into the playoffs than Barnes?
    Harrison has been CRUCIAL to them all season.
    He started because they had no one else. Richard Jefferson is declining so they only choice they had was to start barnes. Even though he started he didn't contribute as much compared to rookies like Lillard and Davis (averaged only 9ppg and 4 boards), while only shooting 44% from the field. But he was a pretty good spot up shooter for them (36% from 3 if i'm not mistaken). My point is that even if they didn't have barnes, their record would have still been the same, maybe 1 or 2 wins here or there but thats it. You can't say he's the best player in the draft simply because his team made the playoffs. He averaged only 9 points in 25 mins while Ross averaged 7 OFF THE BENCH in only 17 mins.
    Last edited by NoPropsneeded; Mon May 13th, 2013 at 11:28 AM.

19. Like Sig liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So all of a sudden he's better than DeRozan and Gay? don't make me laugh. He shot the same percentage as DeMar from the field, and Rudy had a down year till he got traded (46% FG for his career)

Post Thanks / Like

He started because they had no one else. Richard Jefferson is declining so they only choice they had was to start barnes. Even though he started he didn't contribute as much compared to rookies like Lillard and Davis (averaged only 9ppg and 4 boards), while only shooting 44% from the field. But he was a pretty good spot up shooter for them (36% from 3 if i'm not mistaken). My point is that even if they didn't have barnes, their record would have still been the same, maybe 1 or 2 wins here or there but thats it. You can't say he's the best player in the draft simply because his team made the playoffs. He averaged only averaged 9 points in 25 mins while Ross averaged 7 OFF THE BENCH in only 17 mins.
    Oh I never agreed with the principle that Barnes would be the best just because his team is the best. Far from it.
    Just found it interesting that you give Bogut credit, but Barnes none.

However, I do remember a few years ago when it was down to Brandon Jennings, Steph Curry and Tyreke Evans for ROY.
    Jennings made the argument that he should get ROY because he led his team to the playoffs, while Evans' Kings were one of the worst teams in the league once again. Obviously the voting panel disagreed with Jennings notion, and felt Rekes great numbers more than made up for the teams brutal Record. Fast forward to this year, I'm pretty sure Tyreke would rank 3rd out of 3 on EVERYONEs list.
    In Masai we Trust.

22. Like NoPropsneeded liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Oh I never agreed with the principle that Barnes would be the best just because his team is the best. Far from it.
    Just found it interesting that you give Bogut credit, but Barnes none.

However, I do remember a few years ago when it was down to Brandon Jennings, Steph Curry and Tyreke Evans for ROY.
    Jennings made the argument that he should get ROY because he led his team to the playoffs, while Evans' Kings were one of the worst teams in the league once again. Obviously the voting panel disagreed with Jennings notion, and felt Rekes great numbers more than made up for the teams brutal Record. Fast forward to this year, I'm pretty sure Tyreke would rank 3rd out of 3 on EVERYONEs list.
    Bogut did play less due to injury. But his impact on the team is definitely more valuable than Barnes as we saw, in game 6 i believe, vs the Spurs where he dropped 14 and 21. If bogut played the same amount of games with the same amount of minutes then there would be no question on who contributed more to the team success. Barnes is solid, but he's still only a rookie.

Post Thanks / Like

Rudy is better in both categories hands down, eyes closed. Barnes is not a good shot creator lol, Rudy gay is one of the best shot creators in the NBA. Rudy's defense is also very good, but his back spasms slowed him down during the coarse of the season. There is no comparison between those three seeing as DeRozan and Gay, especially Gay, are light years ahead in almost every facet of their games. Rudy dropped 20+ in both games vs the warriors, and i'm pretty sure Barnes was guarding him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    He's going to be good. Similar to Deng with couple more spices.
    I don't think he can be better than Deng.

The only similarities I see in them is their anatomy, and shooting ability.

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information