Demar loses to Nate in Dunk contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demar loses to Nate in Dunk contest

.... In maybe the worst dunk contests in NBA history. This dunk contest reminded me when I first tried the dunk contest on NBA Live and how ugly that was. Demar did have the best dunk on the night (that off the side of the net alley-oop dunk).

What do you guys think

Shannon Brown and Gerald Wallace did game dunks. Boring. I hope they don't get an invite back. I thought DeMar did well... Well enough to hopefully get another invite in the future. I feel Nate deserved to win but if DeMar saved his second dunk for the final he would have won it. Close voting 51% Nate, 49% DeMar.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Shannon Brown and Gerald Wallace did game dunks. Boring. I hope they don't get an invite back. I thought DeMar did well... Well enough to hopefully get another invite in the future. I feel Nate deserved to win but if DeMar saved his second dunk for the final he would have won it. Close voting 51% Nate, 49% DeMar.
      I think they meant 51 people (with Spike voting 30 times) voted for Nate and 49 people voting for Demar.

R.I.P Dunk Contest (1984-2010)

Comment

Gerald Wallace had the worst showing ever. If it was based on best dunk, DeMar would've won. Where was the "getting the crowd involved" part for DeMar? Ugh...

Jen Heil Looking For Gold Right Now! Go Canada!

Comment

Shittiest dunk comp ever
          Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
            Gerald Wallace had the worst showing ever. If it was based on best dunk, DeMar would've won. Where was the "getting the crowd involved" part for DeMar? Ugh...

Jen Heil Looking For Gold Right Now! Go Canada!
            We got second in the moguls too...

Comment

I want those 45 minutes back. I'm embarrassed for everyone who took part tonight in the dunk contest.

Thank god for Charles Barkley's comic relief. The dunk contest died back in 2000 after Vince won. Everything since then has been a joke, but tonight's pathetic display took the cake.

Comment

Gotta agree with eveyone-that was the worst dunk contest I have ever seen. Boring as hell. DD's dunk off the side was dope but other than that, there was no WOW moment.

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
                  DD's dunk off the side was dope but other than that, there was no WOW moment.
                  After watching the replay of the dunk, it definitely didn't deserve the 50. Maybe a 45 at best. But considering the crap that was being performed prior to that, the judges had to do something to try and get the crowd into it.

Comment

The best drunk contest?

Jeezus...like someone said on the telecast before DD had his last dunk...it was his to lose..what an underwhelming choice. He shoulda just had Weems be a foil on the last one again...they seemed to work well together. And what happened to the MJ schtick he was going to try? If there was a time to win it...........

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                      The best drunk contest?

Jeezus...like someone said on the telecast before DD had his last dunk...it was his to lose..what an underwhelming choice. He shoulda just had Weems be a foil on the last one again...they seemed to work well together. And what happened to the MJ schtick he was going to try? If there was a time to win it...........
                      Apparently props were banned this year. Hence no MJ tribute.

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
                        Apparently props were banned this year. Hence no MJ tribute.
                        I don't think they were banned. I think Nate was saying that Spud told him he shouldn't use props. Because, the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders were props to a certain degree.

Comment

He's got no hang-time on his dunks, that's why they don't look as good as they should. If he could do them with a little more gracefulness, not looking like they're rushed when he's in the air, they'd be a lot better.

Comment

dunk contest is a joke. at least the whole thing didn't seem overly planned and ridiculous like the whole sprite kryptonite man robinson vs. superman dwight howard final of last year. what happened to DeMar? regular two handed throw down for his finale, how do u explain that?... haha.. i hope this wasn't a nate robinson 3-cheat.

oh sorry, also.. we were spoiled by the vince carter dunks, will it ever happen again or is the comp toast?
                            Last edited by DoubleR_T; Sun Feb 14, 2010, 01:31 AM.

Comment

The problem is that they allowed all that over the top crap into the dunk comp over the past two or three years. Now people expect it... Gerald Wallace looked like he didn't even want to be there.

Comment

Working...
                              X