Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: DC and BC end of season pressers

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    We need to get older not younger.
    AGREED! a lot of the loses were on not having vets coming in and holding the youngins together, and im not talking about a dude burning his shadow on the bench Im talking a guy who actually plays off the bench and is just solid night in night out.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    when are the pressers for the players??
    I could be wrong, but I thought I heard there isn't a presser for the players this year. Just Casey/Colangelo.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Eric Smith ‏@Eric__Smith 1h

Casey says he looks at Indiana as a team that Toronto could look to emulate etc. Similar pieces in a sense...gotta build on that now.
    Eric Smith ‏@Eric__Smith 2h

Next year, casey says, it will be all about "Defense First"... says they have enough offence. 3PT shooting must improve.
    -with less rookies and no Bargs and calderon yes Defense should be better, but for itto happen Casey get BC to pull the trigger and get Bargnani out of town!

Eric Smith ‏@Eric__Smith 2h

Casey admits the D did slip this year and he wears some of that no doubt. But he feels they did get better over last couple of months
    -True it did (No Bargnani) JV was more experienced Raps won what 30 games holding teams under 90 points?

Paul Jones ‏@Paul__Jones 1h

BC: says Lowry was not physically right this season after off season surgery

BC on Lowry: no extension talks right now..
    -Let him play for it.

BC: DeMar and Rudy developing a good relationship...overall we don't have a lot of experience and we need to address that
    -Ya Raps need some age.

BC: we missed Magloire in the locker room this year...
    -Should of been here instead of Gray.

BC: nothing has changed with Bargnani's situation...the timing of his injury hampered us at the trade deadline...
    -TRADE HIM!

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I felt like each of the tweets you guys posted were like punchlines to a joke. Each should have been followed with "ba-dum-dum ching!"
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post

Thats whY I can't watch these things.

He was insinuating they were going to make the playoffs this year in the off-season.

The season is now done so of course they are exactly where they thought they would be. lol

He gets up and boldly and lies in front of the fans year after year and it's all good.

6. Like Letter N liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He thought he had a good core at the start of this year and the year before that.

If you keep on changing the core (the most overused term in Colangelo's tenure) you can always come back and say they just need some gel time, until you make the next roster move and talk about your new core.

This is a joke.

8. Like Dino4life, Nilanka, mcHAPPY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    "Organic Growth" is the new BC corporate bafflegab for 2013-2014. As good as past favourite nonsensical corporate-speak like "accelerated rebuild", "winning culture" and "dealing with success".

Can't wait for the 2014-2015 focus group tested catch-phrase.
    Of course it is. He has no draft picks and no cap room. They have to grow organically to be better.

I don't see other Gm's in the league spout this type of nonsense. 7 years in and this is what the fans get rewarded wityh at the end of each season. Double speak starring Bryan Colangelo.

The man singlehandedly responsible for the Raps being in the doldrums for the majority of his tenure. It's a huge dissapointment that this man still has his job.

10. Like mcHAPPY, Letter N liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This team will never be any good under Colangelo's reign.

No accountability whatsoever. Starts from the top and heads all the way down this organization. I would like Casey gone but at least he stood up and took some responsibility for how bad they were this year defensively. He's no better than Colangelo imo but at least he can acknowledge something was wrong, cause you know.....they are in the lottery again.

Colangelo on the other hand has such an inflated opinion of himself and everything he does that nothing is wrong at all. Andrea is still a great talent, and this roster is exceptional, and the core is getting better year after year (even though the core changes year after year), and next year is playoffs for sure because the organic growth will be so great that the team won't even be recognizable next year with how great everyone is playing. LOL

I actually want him back next year, so when they don't make the playoffs (The basketball Gods are frowning upon BC. His day will come soon enough) just to listen to him spin it and blame injuries, coaching or whatever other nonsense reason for him not being able to build a team properly.

Take some accountability for the teams continued failings. You've been the one consistent the whole time. It's on you.

Post Thanks / Like

Colangelo, "I will take that clearly on my shoulders...."

There's a first time for everything.

Raptors Republic All-Star iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know why everyone seems bewildered at what BC is saying. I'm sure all of you mainly have jobs and thus understand that you have to spin some things you say, especially if something you've been working on didn't go over too well. You don't say "Man that was all on me. I suck. Fire me please."

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Ryan Wolstat: Colangelo says no change with Bargnani but change of scenery has been talked about with agent and might be best for everybody.
    The pessimist in me worries that the change of scenery they're talking about is just removing the rock from outside the dressing room and replacing it with a shrubbery.

15. Like Nilanka, TRX liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie Jkwasia's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    *smashes face into desk*
    Yo why you killing me today everything you have said has me rolling ....

Post Thanks / Like

Josh Lewenberg ‏@JLew1050 13s

"There is not a less relevant team than the Toronto Raptors"- @stephenasmith on with @HayesTSN
    Im a huge Stephen A Smith fan hes hilarious but man Ouch lol

Post Thanks / Like

Stellar.

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Do you disagree? At least Sacramento has the whole "will they move to Seattle?" storyline going.

All we got is that we show up 4 times a year on ESPN's NBA page cause of a trade we made.

Raptors Republic Starter special1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Fuck Casey. Hindsight is 20/20, bitch. Be a better coach.
    LOL - Wow. True though!!

"Come hell or high water" was a stupid statement. I LOST respect for Casey when he said that. I don't think ANY player should come before the best interests of the team. Especially someone who's not worthy of it (Bargs). We weren't talking about Lebron James or Kobe struggling to start a season......we were talking about Andrea freaking Bargnani! ***

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As long as he's at the helm, I have no faith in this franchise. Seven years and counting. Bullshit.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

22. Like Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't surprise me in the least. I agree to a certain extent, but I find Stephen A. to be a bit bone-headed anyways.
    Writer for RaptorsWatch.com

Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

New Raptors campaign next season:
    #FREE

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The guy who dickrides LeBron and knows nothing about basketball?
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

26. Like Letter N liked this post

Thread Information