Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luke Babbitt gets Sixth Man of the Year vote. Amir gets nothing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luke Babbitt gets Sixth Man of the Year vote. Amir gets nothing.

Portland Trail Blazers reserve forward Luke Babbitt received a third-place vote for 2013 NBA Sixth Man of the Year.

Babbitt, 23, averaged 3.9 points and 2.2 rebounds in 11.8 minutes in 62 appearances this season. Babbitt played the tenth most minutes on the Blazers this season and the team did not pick up the option for the fourth year of his rookie contract, making him an unrestricted free agent this summer.
    More tweets from John Schuhmann:

I have no idea as to what to say about this.This is beyond ridiculous. I don't know if this is just an outlier (some idiot voted), or if this is just another example of the Raps being under-appreciated. Maybe I'm overthinking though.

Thoughts?
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Chuck Swirsky voted Bargnani for Rookie of the Year despite Brandon Roy's overwhelming performance and Bargnani's pathetic showing.

A vote for Luke Babbit as third place 6th man of the year seems rather pale in comparison.

Still both sad and funny though.

Comment

I m not sure, but he started 38 games out of 81, is that too much ? maybe thats why.

Comment

Dino4life wrote: View Post
        I m not sure, but he started 38 games out of 81, is that too much ? maybe thats why.
        To be eligible for the 6th man award, a player has to come of the bench more often than he starts. Amir started 38 of 81 games, so he should be eligible. I think he would be a legitimate choice.

Whoever voted for Luke Babbitt should have their right to vote revoked permanently.
        Last edited by Bouncepass; Mon Apr 22, 2013, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Amir started for most of the season so...there is that

oops nvm...i see that is not factually accurate
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

lol they could have atleast voted for scal

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
              Amir started for most of the season so...there is that

oops nvm...i see that is not factually accurate
              ? what do you mean?

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/04/22/s...s=iref:nbahpts

This is really weird. Someone clearly should not be reporting on basketball.

Comment

i dunno jordan crawford's tommy point is nearly as egregious.

if paul pierce gets the lone vote preventing a unanimous lebron mvp season we know the culprit!

Comment

Amir played over a quarter of games as a starter, best numbers came as a starter, I kind of understand that.
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

That's correct. Amir Johnson as a reserve: 8 points, 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block. As a starter: 12 points 9 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks.

I know it felt silly that time when Swirsky voted for Bargnani, and maybe that drove the guys not to do it this year, but not even a 3rd place vote? Geez..
                    your pal,
                    ebrian

Comment

I vote Bargnani for 15th man of the year. There HAS to be an award for the most talked about nobody.

Comment

Since the media can vote for 6th man you are always going to see stupid votes being handed down, especially since those votes don't go public. Doug Smith actually wants to change that rule so that people who vote have to own up to their vote, but for the time being it's anonymous.

That's why you are always going to get the homer vote once in a while. With regards to Amir, I thought he should have been considered for MIP. Guys like Blatche, Robin Lopez, Tristan Thompson, Chandler Parsons and Kemba Walker got votes. One of the Toronto sportswriters should have considered him at least, but I guess not.

Comment

I don't know about the rules for MIP, but I think usually try to give it to a player early in his career who has just switched to another level. Amir Johnson's closing in on his first decade in the NBA.

Also, and I just noticed this, if you look at his Per36 numbers they haven't changed at all. So basically he hasn't gotten any better.. he's just getting more minutes that before.
                          your pal,
                          ebrian

Comment

Let us not forget the one 1st place vote that Jordan Crawford received, which was OBVIOUSLY SOME TOOL MIXING UP JORDAN WITH JAMAL!
                            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                              Let us not forget the one 1st place vote that Jordan Crawford received, which was OBVIOUSLY SOME TOOL MIXING UP JORDAN WITH JAMAL!
                              It wasn't.

The Crawford vote was such an outlier I actually contacted the NBA to check if it was a mistake and should have gone to Jamal Crawford, who finished second.

But I was assured by an NBA PR type that someone did, in fact, vote for Jordan Crawford. Whoever did should be good and ashamed.
                              Source

It was probably Tom Heinsohn. It makes perfect sense if you ever heard the Boston commentators.

Comment

Working...
                              X