Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hindsight - Who should we have kept?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hindsight - Who should we have kept?

As I sit here watching the Bulls play Brooklyn a thought occurred to me. Humphries used to play for the Raptors, so did Reggie Evans...and I as examined the other team I saw Bellinelli flying around like a mad man. Which got me thinking about Jarrett Jack playing in Golden State, Billups in LA, Ed Davis and Jerryd Bayless in Memphis, Bonner in San Antonio. These guys are all contributing in key roles for their current teams. These guys are all playing in the playoffs. PJ Carlesimo is coaching a playoff team.

So the question is... Who do you wish was still a Raptor? Who should we have given more of an opportunity to?

This shows me that BC is not inept at finding talented players that can contribute to a playoff team. It just so happens that by the time they contribute it isn't for the Raptors.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Reggie Evans is definitely an Amir-type player. Would've liked to keep him.

I'd have liked to keep Bayless here as well. He was very happy in T.O., heard he wanted to move his family here before Raps let him go.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Reggie Evans is definitely an Amir-type player. Would've liked to keep him.

I'd have liked to keep Bayless here as well. He was very happy in T.O., heard he wanted to move his family here before Raps let him go.
    I liked his energy, he just seem to suffer from James Johnson syndrome (thinking he was better than reality) He seems to have accepted his role in Memphis and is now a solid rotation player there

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

reggie is beasting also because he has an all star center beside him. Same goes with humphries. Not saying it is the reason they are playing well but when another big is demanding that type of attention, it helps free them up. Would love to have PJ back as an assistant though, and if it wasn't for rudy, ed for sure.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Easy. Vince Carter.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

6. Like Dino4life, Blacklash2k4 liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    As I sit here watching the Bulls play Brooklyn a thought occurred to me. Humphries used to play for the Raptors, so did Reggie Evans...and I as examined the other team I saw Bellinelli flying around like a mad man. Which got me thinking about Jarrett Jack playing in Golden State, Billups in LA, Ed Davis and Jerryd Bayless in Memphis, Bonner in San Antonio. These guys are all contributing in key roles for their current teams. These guys are all playing in the playoffs. PJ Carlesimo is coaching a playoff team.

So the question is... Who do you wish was still a Raptor? Who should we have given more of an opportunity to?

This shows me that BC is not inept at finding talented players that can contribute to a playoff team. It just so happens that by the time they contribute it isn't for the Raptors.
    I was, and still to this very day, a big fan of Jarrett Jack. He was a little out of control, but a more pass first version of Kyle Lowry. The guy is a known and visible leader, and I feel he would be a big contributor to our current team now.

I'm pretty sure every team that used to have Reggie would like him back now though...

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Bayless. That one kills me. We replaced Bayless with John Lucas III. That's depressing. How much better would the second unit have been with him anchoring it?

JL3 can only drive right! What's up with that? As if Scalabrine outed him for that on the Celtics broadcast. I was on the floor laughing...Then I payed attention all game and the redhead was right...

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    I was, and still to this very day, a big fan of Jarrett Jack. He was a little out of control, but a more pass first version of Kyle Lowry. The guy is a known and visible leader, and I feel he would be a big contributor to our current team now.

I'm pretty sure every team that used to have Reggie would like him back now though...
    I'm a fan of Jack as well. Always thought he was a good leader on and off the court as well as well rounded player. Would be a perfect fit for our locker room now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post

Out of the list that you offered, the only player I wish we still had would be Matt Bonner. High IQ players are in short supply in this league and to have one who also is a good team guy is even better. Everyone else can gtfo.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Memphis is no doubt thinking "RUDY FUCKING GAY!" CP3 is killing them and they need his big shot making....

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Jarret jack imo made no real sense in that trade i forget the exact but for peja and something else i didnt like that he would be my definition of what i want my backup pg on this team. Ed Davis is another but i understand the reason behind it and can accept that completly but hes also a perfect fit on this team.

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Billups, Carter, McGrady, Bosh, Alonzo Morning

HINDSIGHT SUPER TEAM!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    Billups, Carter, McGrady, Bosh, Alonzo Morning

HINDSIGHT SUPER TEAM!
    Mourning refused to play here, so I don't think he can be included on this type of list.

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They all refused to play here at one point or another.

16. Like Mack North liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Reggie rebounds and that's it. Everyone here had a boner for the guy but I say good riddance. Amir brings way way more to the table, and also does a pretty good job rebounding too. The Nets are so much easier to defend when they get zero offense out of their PF position.
    We have a need for another PF assuming Bargs is moved, and I absolutely wouldn't want Reggie back to fill that void. I'd like somebody with some offense. So, does anyone really want Reggie back, or is it just a case of nostalgia?

18. Like iblastoff, Letter N, TRX liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont want Reggie back we have Acy...

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Keeping Bayless would have been nice. I never really liked Jack's attitude, glad he's gone. Other than Davis, theres no one on that list that I miss.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Memphis is no doubt thinking "RUDY FUCKING GAY!" CP3 is killing them and they need his big shot making....
    Not in the least. I think everyone involved in that organization is thrilled he's gone.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Easy. Andre Igoudala.
    I fixed it for you.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Not in the least. I think everyone involved in that organization is thrilled he's gone.
    You really think that deep down everyone in that organization thinks that they have a better chance in the playoffs with Prince than with Gay? It was a money trade that they had to make. It wasn't a basketball trade. BC used his cap space to nab Gay. He is overpaid, but what's the point of having cap space if you can't sign the top players. Going after someone in free agency almost always results in overpaying for a player anyway.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information