Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 55

Thread: Hindsight - Who should we have kept?

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Starter Primer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    585
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bouncepass wrote: View Post
    You really think that deep down everyone in that organization thinks that they have a better chance in the playoffs with Prince than with Gay? It was a money trade that they had to make. It wasn't a basketball trade. BC used his cap space to nab Gay. He is overpaid, but what's the point of having cap space if you can't sign the top players. Going after someone in free agency almost always results in overpaying for a player anyway.
    Exactly, I bet they're also thrilled to be down 2-0 to the Clips. They've got them right where they want them.

  2. #22
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,003
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Primer wrote: View Post
    Exactly, I bet they're also thrilled to be down 2-0 to the Clips. They've got them right where they want them.
    I personally thought, from a Memphis standpoint, as soon as Rudy was traded, Memphis lost ALL ability and chance to win an NBA championship. Thinking of them in their current position, they have to sweep the Clippers 4 games to none from here on out. Definitely not impossible, but incredibly hard to do, and proven so.

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    357
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Watching Barnes dominate tonight, I can't help but feel great about Ben Uzoh's triple double. Man, that sure brings back memories. I wonder where that guy is now.

  4. Like Letter N liked this post
  5. #24
    Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Markham
    Posts
    1,468
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The one guy that comes to mind that is still relevant today that I wish we hadn't traded is Wendel Clark. The first time around when we traded him for Sundin. Granted, Sundin was phenomenal for us but I always loved #17.

    Seriously though? I wish we still had Roy Hibbert.
    your pal,
    ebrian

  6. #25
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,143
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    <----------------
    @jerboat

  7. #26
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,143
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    also, big Ed. God i miss that man.
    @jerboat

  8. #27
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,294
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/...medium=twitter


    methinks Koreen creeps this forum

  9. #28
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,776
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote thead wrote: View Post
    No doubt. I think they all do.

    I can't tell you how many times we have conversations going in the forums and then I read an article thinking, "hmmmm yeah that sounds very familiar."
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  10. #29
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,494
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    No doubt. I think they all do.

    I can't tell you how many times we have conversations going in the forums and then I read an article thinking, "hmmmm yeah that sounds very familiar."
    Heck, even some of the words coming out of Colangelo's mouth during the season-ending presser seemed as though they were uttered on this forum.
    Writer for RaptorsWatch.com

    Twitter - @thekid_it

  11. #30
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,776
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Heck, even some of the words coming out of Colangelo's mouth during the season-ending presser seemed as though they were uttered on this forum.
    And then there is that too.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  12. #31
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,834
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    No doubt. I think they all do.

    I can't tell you how many times we have conversations going in the forums and then I read an article thinking, "hmmmm yeah that sounds very familiar."
    Would that be plagiarism tho? Unless he specifically sites the RR forum or the posters?

  13. #32
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    487
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    1) Vince Cater instead of trading him for crap
    2) Charlie V instead of TJ Ford
    3) Chris Bosh instead of losing him to free agency
    4) Jarret Jack instead of trading him for Jerryd Bayless
    5) Sonny Weems instead of seeing him playing for Europe
    6) Leandro Barbosa instead of trading him for nothing
    7) James Johnson instead of trading him for nothing


    Lowry/Bayless/Lucas III
    DeRozan/Weems/Barbosa
    Gay/Carter/J.Johnson
    Bosh/Charlie V/Acy
    Val/Amir/Drummond or Sullinger?

    No8 pick would probably end up being Drummond or Sullinger.

    Then again, no point in crying for spilled milk, look forward to the future. I see us acquiring a pick in this year's draft and cross my finger that we win the lottery so we can pick one of Noel, McLemore or Burke

  14. #33
    Raptors Republic All-Star Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,096
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    1) Vince Cater instead of trading him for crap
    2) Charlie V instead of TJ Ford
    3) Chris Bosh instead of losing him to free agency
    4) Jarret Jack instead of trading him for Jerryd Bayless
    5) Sonny Weems instead of seeing him playing for Europe
    6) Leandro Barbosa instead of trading him for nothing
    7) James Johnson instead of trading him for nothing


    Lowry/Bayless/Lucas III
    DeRozan/Weems/Barbosa
    Gay/Carter/J.Johnson
    Bosh/Charlie V/Acy
    Val/Amir/Drummond or Sullinger?

    No8 pick would probably end up being Drummond or Sullinger.

    Then again, no point in crying for spilled milk, look forward to the future. I see us acquiring a pick in this year's draft and cross my finger that we win the lottery so we can pick one of Noel, McLemore or Burke
    Holy shit man, have you not yet realized that this world is not a vaccuum?

  15. Like Primer, ReubenJRD liked this post
  16. #34
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Correct me if im wrong but either JJ or Barbosa turned into Quincy Acy and im fine with that.

  17. #35
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,042
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Sig wrote: View Post
    Holy shit man, have you not yet realized that this world is not a vaccuum?
    Imagine if it was. I bet it'd be a roomba.


  18. #36
    Raptors Republic All-Star Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,096
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    Imagine if it was. I bet it'd be a roomba.

    lol

    I hope you realize that I was referring to the other type of...

  19. #37
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,865
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Correct me if im wrong but either JJ or Barbosa turned into Quincy Acy and im fine with that.
    JJ was traded for a 2014 2nd round pick.
    Barbosa was traded for the rights to Zubcic who is still playing overseas

  20. #38
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,543
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Zubcic is the future of the raptors
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

  21. #39
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,543
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Speaking of Zubcic when's he coming to T Dot? i wanna see what this guy can do, he's playing for Jonas' former team i think...
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

  22. #40
    Raptors Republic All-Star enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,428
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    1) Vince Cater instead of trading him for crap
    2) Charlie V instead of TJ Ford
    3) Chris Bosh instead of losing him to free agency
    4) Jarret Jack instead of trading him for Jerryd Bayless
    5) Sonny Weems instead of seeing him playing for Europe
    6) Leandro Barbosa instead of trading him for nothing
    7) James Johnson instead of trading him for nothing


    Lowry/Bayless/Lucas III
    DeRozan/Weems/Barbosa
    Gay/Carter/J.Johnson
    Bosh/Charlie V/Acy
    Val/Amir/Drummond or Sullinger?

    No8 pick would probably end up being Drummond or Sullinger.

    Then again, no point in crying for spilled milk, look forward to the future. I see us acquiring a pick in this year's draft and cross my finger that we win the lottery so we can pick one of Noel, McLemore or Burke
    I spilt my milk, this was the funniest post Ive read all day. I dont usually laugh out loud... but LOL.

    Ill bold some of the ridiculous parts. Do you really think we couldve drafted Val with Carter, Bosh, Demar on the team? Really?
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •