Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    No doubt. I think they all do.

I can't tell you how many times we have conversations going in the forums and then I read an article thinking, "hmmmm yeah that sounds very familiar."
    Would that be plagiarism tho? Unless he specifically sites the RR forum or the posters?

Comment

1) Vince Cater instead of trading him for crap
      2) Charlie V instead of TJ Ford
      3) Chris Bosh instead of losing him to free agency
      4) Jarret Jack instead of trading him for Jerryd Bayless
      5) Sonny Weems instead of seeing him playing for Europe
      6) Leandro Barbosa instead of trading him for nothing
      7) James Johnson instead of trading him for nothing

Lowry/Bayless/Lucas III
      DeRozan/Weems/Barbosa
      Gay/Carter/J.Johnson
      Bosh/Charlie V/Acy
      Val/Amir/Drummond or Sullinger?

No8 pick would probably end up being Drummond or Sullinger.

Then again, no point in crying for spilled milk, look forward to the future. I see us acquiring a pick in this year's draft and cross my finger that we win the lottery so we can pick one of Noel, McLemore or Burke

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post

Lowry/Bayless/Lucas III
        DeRozan/Weems/Barbosa
        Gay/Carter/J.Johnson
        Bosh/Charlie V/Acy

Then again, no point in crying for spilled milk, look forward to the future. I see us acquiring a pick in this year's draft and cross my finger that we win the lottery so we can pick one of Noel, McLemore or Burke
        Holy shit man, have you not yet realized that this world is not a vaccuum?

Comment

Correct me if im wrong but either JJ or Barbosa turned into Quincy Acy and im fine with that.

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
            Holy shit man, have you not yet realized that this world is not a vaccuum?
            Imagine if it was. I bet it'd be a roomba.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
              Imagine if it was. I bet it'd be a roomba.

lol

I hope you realize that I was referring to the other type of...

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                Correct me if im wrong but either JJ or Barbosa turned into Quincy Acy and im fine with that.
                JJ was traded for a 2014 2nd round pick.
                Barbosa was traded for the rights to Zubcic who is still playing overseas

Comment

Zubcic is the future of the raptors

Comment

Speaking of Zubcic when's he coming to T Dot? i wanna see what this guy can do, he's playing for Jonas' former team i think...

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post

Lowry/Bayless/Lucas III
                      DeRozan/Weems/Barbosa
                      Gay/Carter/J.Johnson
                      Bosh/Charlie V/Acy

I spilt my milk, this was the funniest post Ive read all day. I dont usually laugh out loud... but LOL.

Ill bold some of the ridiculous parts. Do you really think we couldve drafted Val with Carter, Bosh, Demar on the team? Really?
                      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

No doubt. I think they all do.

I can't tell you how many times we have conversations going in the forums and then I read an article thinking, "hmmmm yeah that sounds very familiar."
                        I'm still not sure what I think of you bringing Rudy Gay to Toronto...

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                          Yeah, wasn't that Matt with the whole entire website large post on the ability of bringing Rudy? Man, Matt is a smart man I will say.

Did it actually follow this "blueprint" Matt was going by too?
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                            Rudy was always a part of the plan with #tradeBargnani being, you know, motivated? Yeah, motivated, I'll leave it at that. Now that he is here I see what drove Memphis fans nuts.... but I also see him with an opportunity he did not have the last few years in Memphis with the emergence of Gasol and arrival of Z-Bo.

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                            Yeah, wasn't that Matt with the whole entire website large post on the ability of bringing Rudy? Man, Matt is a smart man I will say.

Did it actually follow this "blueprint" Matt was going by too?
                            That was me. Most of the reasons for it happening came true... just with a different ownership group. Also what it took to bring him was significantly lower. Regardless of what you think of Colangelo, he deserves credit for patience in acquiring Gay. Last year leading up to draft rumour was Calderon, one or both of ED/DD, and #8; of course deal ended up being Calderon, ED, and 2nd rd pick. I don't think Calderon was ever going to return to Toronto therefore Gay was really acquired for ED, 2nd rd pick, and cap space.

And I don't think I'm smart - that ties in to SoftEuro's comment and my "blueprint" was centered on #tradeBargnani.

Comment

Rudy was always a part of the plan with #tradeBargnani being, you know, motivated? Yeah, motivated, I'll leave it at that. Now that he is here I see what drove Memphis fans nuts.... but I also see him with an opportunity he did not have the last few years in Memphis with the emergence of Gasol and arrival of Z-Bo.

That was me. Most of the reasons for it happening came true... just with a different ownership group. Also what it took to bring him was significantly lower. Regardless of what you think of Colangelo, he deserves credit for patience in acquiring Gay. Last year leading up to draft rumour was Calderon, one or both of ED/DD, and #8; of course deal ended up being Calderon, ED, and 2nd rd pick. I don't think Calderon was ever going to return to Toronto therefore Gay was really acquired for ED, 2nd rd pick, and cap space.

And I don't think I'm smart - that ties in to SoftEuro's comment and my "blueprint" was centered on #tradeBargnani.
                              Yeah, definitely deserves the credit for that trade. Ability to keep both the 8th pick (eventually Ross) and DeRozan is terrific asset management, but, to be honest, swapping Ross in for Davis might have been better for the long term, looking sorely at the core.

The Raptors wouldn't be so weak on the front-court, and there wouldn't be such a log jam of wings.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                                Yeah, definitely deserves the credit for that trade. Ability to keep both the 8th pick (eventually Ross) and DeRozan is terrific asset management, but, to be honest, swapping Ross in for Davis might have been better for the long term, looking sorely at the core.

The Raptors wouldn't be so weak on the front-court, and there wouldn't be such a log jam of wings.
                                Ed/tr is surely to be debated for some time.

I think you need to see who comes in next to make a final decision.

Also Ed was due for an extension at the same time the raps have no pg under contract.

Comment

Working...
                                X