Hindsight - Who should we have kept?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hindsight - Who should we have kept?

As I sit here watching the Bulls play Brooklyn a thought occurred to me. Humphries used to play for the Raptors, so did Reggie Evans...and I as examined the other team I saw Bellinelli flying around like a mad man. Which got me thinking about Jarrett Jack playing in Golden State, Billups in LA, Ed Davis and Jerryd Bayless in Memphis, Bonner in San Antonio. These guys are all contributing in key roles for their current teams. These guys are all playing in the playoffs. PJ Carlesimo is coaching a playoff team.

So the question is... Who do you wish was still a Raptor? Who should we have given more of an opportunity to?

This shows me that BC is not inept at finding talented players that can contribute to a playoff team. It just so happens that by the time they contribute it isn't for the Raptors.
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Reggie Evans is definitely an Amir-type player. Would've liked to keep him.

I'd have liked to keep Bayless here as well. He was very happy in T.O., heard he wanted to move his family here before Raps let him go.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
      Reggie Evans is definitely an Amir-type player. Would've liked to keep him.

I'd have liked to keep Bayless here as well. He was very happy in T.O., heard he wanted to move his family here before Raps let him go.
      I liked his energy, he just seem to suffer from James Johnson syndrome (thinking he was better than reality) He seems to have accepted his role in Memphis and is now a solid rotation player there
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

reggie is beasting also because he has an all star center beside him. Same goes with humphries. Not saying it is the reason they are playing well but when another big is demanding that type of attention, it helps free them up. Would love to have PJ back as an assistant though, and if it wasn't for rudy, ed for sure.

Comment

Easy. Vince Carter.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
            As I sit here watching the Bulls play Brooklyn a thought occurred to me. Humphries used to play for the Raptors, so did Reggie Evans...and I as examined the other team I saw Bellinelli flying around like a mad man. Which got me thinking about Jarrett Jack playing in Golden State, Billups in LA, Ed Davis and Jerryd Bayless in Memphis, Bonner in San Antonio. These guys are all contributing in key roles for their current teams. These guys are all playing in the playoffs. PJ Carlesimo is coaching a playoff team.

So the question is... Who do you wish was still a Raptor? Who should we have given more of an opportunity to?

This shows me that BC is not inept at finding talented players that can contribute to a playoff team. It just so happens that by the time they contribute it isn't for the Raptors.
            I was, and still to this very day, a big fan of Jarrett Jack. He was a little out of control, but a more pass first version of Kyle Lowry. The guy is a known and visible leader, and I feel he would be a big contributor to our current team now.

I'm pretty sure every team that used to have Reggie would like him back now though...
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Bayless. That one kills me. We replaced Bayless with John Lucas III. That's depressing. How much better would the second unit have been with him anchoring it?

JL3 can only drive right! What's up with that? As if Scalabrine outed him for that on the Celtics broadcast. I was on the floor laughing...Then I payed attention all game and the redhead was right...

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                I was, and still to this very day, a big fan of Jarrett Jack. He was a little out of control, but a more pass first version of Kyle Lowry. The guy is a known and visible leader, and I feel he would be a big contributor to our current team now.

I'm pretty sure every team that used to have Reggie would like him back now though...
                I'm a fan of Jack as well. Always thought he was a good leader on and off the court as well as well rounded player. Would be a perfect fit for our locker room now.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post

Out of the list that you offered, the only player I wish we still had would be Matt Bonner. High IQ players are in short supply in this league and to have one who also is a good team guy is even better. Everyone else can gtfo.
                  Welp, that sucked.

Comment

Memphis is no doubt thinking "RUDY FUCKING GAY!" CP3 is killing them and they need his big shot making....

Comment

Jarret jack imo made no real sense in that trade i forget the exact but for peja and something else i didnt like that he would be my definition of what i want my backup pg on this team. Ed Davis is another but i understand the reason behind it and can accept that completly but hes also a perfect fit on this team.

Comment

Billups, Carter, McGrady, Bosh, Alonzo Morning

HINDSIGHT SUPER TEAM!

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                          Billups, Carter, McGrady, Bosh, Alonzo Morning

HINDSIGHT SUPER TEAM!
                          Mourning refused to play here, so I don't think he can be included on this type of list.

Comment

They all refused to play here at one point or another.

Comment

Reggie rebounds and that's it. Everyone here had a boner for the guy but I say good riddance. Amir brings way way more to the table, and also does a pretty good job rebounding too. The Nets are so much easier to defend when they get zero offense out of their PF position.
                              We have a need for another PF assuming Bargs is moved, and I absolutely wouldn't want Reggie back to fill that void. I'd like somebody with some offense. So, does anyone really want Reggie back, or is it just a case of nostalgia?

Comment

Working...
                              X