Raptors Republic Starter special1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    My ideal offseason would include the following moves:

1. Anderson, Pietrus and Telfair leave as free agents
    2. Kleiza leaves via amnesty
    3. Gray (player) and Lucas (team) return via options
    4. Bargnani traded to Minnesota for Williams & Ridnour
    5. DeRozan traded to Utah for Millsap (S&T)
    6. Dunleavy signed as free agent for some/all of the MLE

STARTERS
    C: Valanciunas
    PF: Millsap
    SF: Gay
    SG: Fields
    PG: Lowry

PRIMARY 2ND UNIT
    C: Johnson
    PF: Williams
    SF: Dunleavy
    SG: Ross
    PG: Ridnour

BENCH
    C: Gray (will play instead of Williams, depending on matchups)
    PF: Acy
    PG: Lucas

-----

If BC was being honest about the team only making tweaks, rather than any major moves, then these are the moves I'd like to be made:

1. Anderson, Pietrus and Telfair leave as free agents
    2. Kleiza leaves via amnesty
    3. Gray (player) and Lucas (team) return via options
    4. Bargnani traded to Minnesota for Williams & Ridnour
    5. MLE used to sign a veteran backup PF
    6. veteran 5th wing signed to minimum contract

STARTERS
    C: Valanciunas
    PF: Johnson
    SF: Gay
    SG: DeRozan
    PG: Lowry

PRIMARY 2ND UNIT
    C: Veteran PF
    PF: Williams
    SF: Fields
    SG: Ross
    PG: Ridnour

BENCH
    C: Gray (will play instead of Williams, depending on matchups)
    PF: Acy
    SF/SG: Veteran Wing
    PG: Lucas
    I PREFER the second roster make-up to be Honest.

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    76ers/Hawes - rumoured around deadline. Expiring contract. Philly has cap space for one for one. Maybe include Dorrell Wright in sign and trade?[/B]
    Hawes and Wright would be a HUGE win for us, it'd be perfect for what we need on our bench.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Varejao the most out of all of the players you listed, but I don't know if he'll want to come off the bench after his incredible start to this season. He probably feels like he can continue that level of play into next season.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

first priority should be backup pg because of lowrys injury problems.
    watson
    harris
    billups
    williams

need a shooter on the wing for cheap
    korver
    morrow
    belinelli
    mason
    webster
    dunleavy

big man vet
    brand
    jo
    dalembert

most are probably unlikely because were toronto and dont have extra money to throw around though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    I like Varejao the most out of all of the players you listed, but I don't know if he'll want to come off the bench after his incredible start to this season. He probably feels like he can continue that level of play into next season.
    we can start him at the four

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Toronto FA to target

1) Shawn Marion - he would be a decent backup behind Gay, solid defender, can knock down the 3s and rebound, can also play as a stretch 4 when we need him to be, go small with he lineups of Lowry-DeRozan-Gay-Marion-Amir on some given nights. Once a Raptors, Marion should've stayed, was decent back in the days as our starting SF, wouldn't mind having him back however i suspect he will want a ring, might sign with the Heat or the Thunder.

2) Mike Dunleavy Jr - A former 3rd pick of the NBA draft, has established himself as a journeyman in this league, not a player you can build upon but a decent 6th man candidate, can knock down shot when it matters, someone we lack off in the 2nd unit, although he's not gonna come cheap, might have to amnesty Kleiza and use the money + MLE on him.

3) JJ Reddick - Same as Dunleavy, a journey man in this league, can knock down shot beyond the arc, hit the 3s at a high EFF. Reddick is an amazing player to be had at a low cost and can distribute when needed. Let's go Reddick, he can become a target for summer FA.

4) Dorrel Wright - A decent backup but I demand him to play a large role on a young team, he will be a decent backup behind Gay, can knock down the shit and hit the 3s when needed.

5) Carl Landry (Sign and Trade) - I Believe the Warriors will want to sign and trade this guy unless they are willing to loose him in free agency. Landry is a decent player, can start for this franchise as our PF or come off the bench for Amir. Landry is a also a great shot blocker and can knock down the shot from beyond the arc. We can trade Bargnani straight up for him or Bargnani + T-Ross for Landry, Jack, Rush

6) Paul Millsap/Al Jeff (Sign and Trade) - I believe the Jazz would want to keep one of the two in the summer, if we can grab either the two, it would be a miracle. Millsap is a hardnosed player, a decent player who has recently developed a lethal 3 pointer whereas Al Jeff looks like the allstar PF we need on paper, I suspect him to be a major player to pursue in the offseason. We will have to package Bargnani and probably DeRozan for either the two and just like Gay said when he's traded to the Raptors, we need another, just one, player to make to the post-season and possibly a ring. I would love to see either the two in Raptors uniform as opposed to Boozer

7) Devin Harris (Sign and Trade) - Harris has regressed as a backup PG in this league but a decent backup PG who can still post 10+ ppg, he will be a decent stable backup PG behind Lowry. We can package Fields or Kleiza + Future 2nd rounder for him.

8) Will Bynum - If the Pistons are looking to sign Calderon for a long term, they probably not gonna have the money or the roster for Bynum. Bynum is an interesting player, when motivated, he can chip 20+ pts and dish 10+ apg, he will be a decent backup PG behind Lowry.

9) Elton Brand - If we are gonna make a push to the playoff, we need a veteran, and that veteran is none other than Elton Brand. Brand is not like the player he once was but can still play in this league and contribute positively on a team. Brand can sub in for Amir or Valanciunas when the game matters.

10) Earl Clark - Are we gonna take a gamble on a player who hasn't developed until he played for the Lakers. Clark is the type of player who has tons of potential and talent but a bit lazy. Clark can be our franchise PF if he does sign with the Raptors, on the positive side, he's young and i'm optimistic to see him playing decent ballgame with DERozan and Gay.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Jason Thompson is a guy they should be looking at. Haven't looked up what his salary is like, but he has a nice low post game, and has fallen a little off the radar since Cousins took over that front court. You could even make a case that putting Bargs next to Cousins is a nice combination for Sacramento. I'm not sure what the cost for him would be, but if there was another bad contract added to the mix, I'm sure it wouldn't be too much.

8. Like NoPropsneeded liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    Toronto FA to target

1) Shawn Marion - he would be a decent backup behind Gay, solid defender, can knock down the 3s and rebound, can also play as a stretch 4 when we need him to be, go small with he lineups of Lowry-DeRozan-Gay-Marion-Amir on some given nights. Once a Raptors, Marion should've stayed, was decent back in the days as our starting SF, wouldn't mind having him back however i suspect he will want a ring, might sign with the Heat or the Thunder.

2) Mike Dunleavy Jr - A former 3rd pick of the NBA draft, has established himself as a journeyman in this league, not a player you can build upon but a decent 6th man candidate, can knock down shot when it matters, someone we lack off in the 2nd unit, although he's not gonna come cheap, might have to amnesty Kleiza and use the money + MLE on him.

3) JJ Reddick - Same as Dunleavy, a journey man in this league, can knock down shot beyond the arc, hit the 3s at a high EFF. Reddick is an amazing player to be had at a low cost and can distribute when needed. Let's go Reddick, he can become a target for summer FA.

4) Dorrel Wright - A decent backup but I demand him to play a large role on a young team, he will be a decent backup behind Gay, can knock down the shit and hit the 3s when needed.

5) Carl Landry (Sign and Trade) - I Believe the Warriors will want to sign and trade this guy unless they are willing to loose him in free agency. Landry is a decent player, can start for this franchise as our PF or come off the bench for Amir. Landry is a also a great shot blocker and can knock down the shot from beyond the arc. We can trade Bargnani straight up for him or Bargnani + T-Ross for Landry, Jack, Rush

6) Paul Millsap/Al Jeff (Sign and Trade) - I believe the Jazz would want to keep one of the two in the summer, if we can grab either the two, it would be a miracle. Millsap is a hardnosed player, a decent player who has recently developed a lethal 3 pointer whereas Al Jeff looks like the allstar PF we need on paper, I suspect him to be a major player to pursue in the offseason. We will have to package Bargnani and probably DeRozan for either the two and just like Gay said when he's traded to the Raptors, we need another, just one, player to make to the post-season and possibly a ring. I would love to see either the two in Raptors uniform as opposed to Boozer

7) Devin Harris (Sign and Trade) - Harris has regressed as a backup PG in this league but a decent backup PG who can still post 10+ ppg, he will be a decent stable backup PG behind Lowry. We can package Fields or Kleiza + Future 2nd rounder for him.

8) Will Bynum - If the Pistons are looking to sign Calderon for a long term, they probably not gonna have the money or the roster for Bynum. Bynum is an interesting player, when motivated, he can chip 20+ pts and dish 10+ apg, he will be a decent backup PG behind Lowry.

9) Elton Brand - If we are gonna make a push to the playoff, we need a veteran, and that veteran is none other than Elton Brand. Brand is not like the player he once was but can still play in this league and contribute positively on a team. Brand can sub in for Amir or Valanciunas when the game matters.

10) Earl Clark - Are we gonna take a gamble on a player who hasn't developed until he played for the Lakers. Clark is the type of player who has tons of potential and talent but a bit lazy. Clark can be our franchise PF if he does sign with the Raptors, on the positive side, he's young and i'm optimistic to see him playing decent ballgame with DERozan and Gay.
    Do we really need more wings who demand heavy minutes (Marion, Redick, Dunleavy, Wright) and cost significantly more than the minimum? Where and when exactly are Ross and Fields going to play? Maybe you're thinking if we trade DD for Milsap, then another wing is necessary and I agree with that.
    Barring trading DD for Milsap, I think someone like Anthony Morrow fits the bill as the replacement for Anderson. He could be had for near the minimum and could play anywhere from 0-30 minutes a night without complaint. He also can nail the 3 ball at a high clip and appears to be a good locker room guy. He also isn't a chucker like AA so we won't have to worry about him thinking he's Kobe and taking 18 shots. I hear him and Korver would have 3 point contests during every practice in ATL. I'd like that to continue in Toronto with basically all of our wings involved.

ATL is not going to do a sign and trade with Harris, especially for Fields, Kleiza, or a 2nd rounder. ATL doesn't want any of that shit. They'd rather just have Harris back if that's the case. I'm guessing Harris walks to the high bidder. I'm fine with offering him the MLE if we address our PF problem with a Bargs trade, or if Bargs isn't traded.

I'd also be good with targeting Bynum with the MLE if we can't get Harris. He'd be a fine backup PG to Lowry who is good enough to start should Lowry go down with injury.

I don't really like a DD for Milsap trade, as we just shift our lack of depth from PF to SG, and we don't have anyone who can step in and start at SG. Amir has more than proven himself a capable starter at PF, and Acy has shown he can play productive minutes there too.

Are we looking for a starting PF, or a backup? That's the issue I'm having. Amir has shown me he can be a starter, and I'd rather not waste assets to have someone take that role from him. Unless we can trade Bargs for someone better than Amir at PF (Boozer, Gasol), then I say we should roll with Amir as the starting PF, and just focus on getting a more capable backup than Acy. Earl Clark, for instance, isn't even in sniffing distance of Amir in quality of play. Why even entertain him as our future starting PF when we have a much better player in Amir already on the roster? Brand as a backup PF sounds great. Maybe we can get him with the MLE?

Backup PG should be our #1 position of need, followed by backup PF, followed by a 3rd wing off the bench (Morrow), followed by a backup C (I'm fine with Gray if we don't get an upgrade).

If we can turn Bargs into two good bench players (the Minnesota trade bandied about of Williams + Ridnour for Bargs would do the trick), then this will be a very successful offseason in my eyes.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Toronto FA to target

A new record! I made it to the third paragraph!

But when I read JJ Redick was a journeyman, I bailed.

Dude just got traded to his 2nd team in 7 years.

"Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Devo1980 wrote: View Post
    I think Jason Thompson is a guy they should be looking at. Haven't looked up what his salary is like, but he has a nice low post game, and has fallen a little off the radar since Cousins took over that front court. You could even make a case that putting Bargs next to Cousins is a nice combination for Sacramento. I'm not sure what the cost for him would be, but if there was another bad contract added to the mix, I'm sure it wouldn't be too much.
    I was thinking the same thing. He brings a lot of energy and rebounding
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

Toronto FA to target

Med School student strikes again!
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

haha will bynum averaging 20 and 10 off the bench is the best
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I think all of you have forgotten that Shawn Marion wanted out of this City.

Post Thanks / Like

There was a rumor on CNNSI's Fan Nation site that claims Minnesota may consider dealing Kevin Love (it came from RR's good buddy Bill Simmons): http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...ade-kevin-love

If this is true, I wonder if a package of DeRozan & Bargnani & 1st round pick(s) might be enough to get Minny talking? Ridnour would seem an obvious addition, then either Williams/Roy would likely need to be included as well (for salary matching).

If Williams were included...

LINEUP
    C: Valanciunas, Gray
    PF: Love, Johnson, Acy
    SF: Gay, Williams
    SG: Fields, Ross
    PG: Lowry, Ridnour, Lucas

That would be a fantastic 9-man rotation (excluding Gray, Acy and Lucas), though I'd still like to see another veteran wing added. The primary 2nd unit could go small with Johnson, Williams, vet, Ross and Ridnour.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There was a rumor on CNNSI's Fan Nation site that claims Minnesota may consider dealing Kevin Love (it came from RR's good buddy Bill Simmons): http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...ade-kevin-love

If this is true, I wonder if a package of DeRozan & Bargnani & 1st round pick(s) might be enough to get Minny talking? Ridnour would seem an obvious addition, then either Williams/Roy would likely need to be included as well (for salary matching).

LINEUP

That would be a fantastic 9-man rotation (excluding Gray, Acy and Lucas), though I'd still like to see another veteran wing added. The primary 2nd unit could go small with Johnson, Williams, vet, Ross and Ridnour.
    Again, this is the kind of thing I keep hoping for, and the only type of scenario where I'd trade Demar at this time, with a young (or at least still in prime) all-star who could possibly fit with the team beyond his current contract. Love is definitely such a player. Yes he has injury concerns and a high salary, but he seems like the perfect compliment to our roster (not just because he's an all-star), as a stretch 4 who can also go to the post, making him fit with JV on/off the floor (Amir fits with everyone). Opens up space for Gay, Lowry and other wings to attack. Great rebounder and smart player.

I really don't want Williams on the team. I would ask for Roy if that's what it came down to as the last decision in talks. Take Roy, he retires. Move on.

Use whatever exception the team has left after the trade to make a run at a competent rotation wing....names like Dorrell Wright, Corey Brewer, Ronnie Brewer, Matt Barnes, Chase Budinger, Marco Belinelli, Keith Bogans...Lots of names out there that could round out that spot. Use minimum guys to fill out the bench if needed.

*I also think the team may have to send Lucas to Minny in such a deal to be their end of bench PG. They really need to develop Shved as a SG. And they'll have Rubio and Barea. Lucas would actually move up very well into Barea's bench role if there's an injury.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Apr 25th, 2013 at 01:00 PM.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think trading DeMar for an all-star type PF makes a lot of sense, but the GM is still Bryan Colangelo. From the press conference and his stance pretty much all season seems to indicate to me anyway that DeMar is untouchable, and is part of the core going forward (with Gay and JV).

Even if Love was on the block, I would doubt that Bryan would dangle DeMar.

If Khan can be convinced to take Bargnani+Ross+1st rounder.. then that's the kind of deal that I think he would be looking for otherwise if Minny is adamant about taking DeMar, then I think Bryan would hang up the phone on him.

At least that's my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    we can start him at the four
    Hasn't he played the 5 his whole life? Might take some time to get accustomed to.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

LINEUP

I'd love Love on the Raptors, but lets look at this outside of the Raps bubble for a second. If Minny wants to deal Love, there is no way in fucking hell Bargs + DD + Picks is going to be the best offer they get. Someone will offer them an All-Star in return, and won't try to tack on a sack of shit like Bargs. If we wanted Love it would take trading Jonas, no doubt about it. Minny isn't bent over a barrel financially like Memphis was, and Love will have way more suitors than Gay did (way cheaper contract, better player).

For instance, Cleveland is looking for an upgrade at PF. They could easily offer Tristan Thompson and Varejao + multuiple draft picks for Love. That is so much fucking better than Bargs + DD it's not even funny. That's just one team. If Love is on the table, the Raps will not be major players to get his services, outside of being willing to deal JVal, which I hope they don't do. Love has already shown he can't carry a mediocre team to the playoffs on his own, so no reason to duplicate Minnesota's failures here in Toronto.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The team has to move Fields, if the plan is adding a vet shooter off the bench beside Ross and a vet PG... DeMar with any GM is a part of the plan moving forward fields isnt he was just a mistake of a pickup planned for Nash thats all. Raps dont need another logjam I dont see a role for Fields in the rosters future.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Hasn't he played the 5 his whole life? Might take some time to get accustomed to.
    He played the 4 alongside big Z for a number of years.

And yeah, you guys forget that Marion didn't want to play here.

Thread Information