Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    Toronto FA to target

1) Shawn Marion - he would be a decent backup behind Gay, solid defender, can knock down the 3s and rebound, can also play as a stretch 4 when we need him to be, go small with he lineups of Lowry-DeRozan-Gay-Marion-Amir on some given nights. Once a Raptors, Marion should've stayed, was decent back in the days as our starting SF, wouldn't mind having him back however i suspect he will want a ring, might sign with the Heat or the Thunder.

2) Mike Dunleavy Jr - A former 3rd pick of the NBA draft, has established himself as a journeyman in this league, not a player you can build upon but a decent 6th man candidate, can knock down shot when it matters, someone we lack off in the 2nd unit, although he's not gonna come cheap, might have to amnesty Kleiza and use the money + MLE on him.

3) JJ Reddick - Same as Dunleavy, a journey man in this league, can knock down shot beyond the arc, hit the 3s at a high EFF. Reddick is an amazing player to be had at a low cost and can distribute when needed. Let's go Reddick, he can become a target for summer FA.

4) Dorrel Wright - A decent backup but I demand him to play a large role on a young team, he will be a decent backup behind Gay, can knock down the shit and hit the 3s when needed.

5) Carl Landry (Sign and Trade) - I Believe the Warriors will want to sign and trade this guy unless they are willing to loose him in free agency. Landry is a decent player, can start for this franchise as our PF or come off the bench for Amir. Landry is a also a great shot blocker and can knock down the shot from beyond the arc. We can trade Bargnani straight up for him or Bargnani + T-Ross for Landry, Jack, Rush

6) Paul Millsap/Al Jeff (Sign and Trade) - I believe the Jazz would want to keep one of the two in the summer, if we can grab either the two, it would be a miracle. Millsap is a hardnosed player, a decent player who has recently developed a lethal 3 pointer whereas Al Jeff looks like the allstar PF we need on paper, I suspect him to be a major player to pursue in the offseason. We will have to package Bargnani and probably DeRozan for either the two and just like Gay said when he's traded to the Raptors, we need another, just one, player to make to the post-season and possibly a ring. I would love to see either the two in Raptors uniform as opposed to Boozer

7) Devin Harris (Sign and Trade) - Harris has regressed as a backup PG in this league but a decent backup PG who can still post 10+ ppg, he will be a decent stable backup PG behind Lowry. We can package Fields or Kleiza + Future 2nd rounder for him.

8) Will Bynum - If the Pistons are looking to sign Calderon for a long term, they probably not gonna have the money or the roster for Bynum. Bynum is an interesting player, when motivated, he can chip 20+ pts and dish 10+ apg, he will be a decent backup PG behind Lowry.

9) Elton Brand - If we are gonna make a push to the playoff, we need a veteran, and that veteran is none other than Elton Brand. Brand is not like the player he once was but can still play in this league and contribute positively on a team. Brand can sub in for Amir or Valanciunas when the game matters.

10) Earl Clark - Are we gonna take a gamble on a player who hasn't developed until he played for the Lakers. Clark is the type of player who has tons of potential and talent but a bit lazy. Clark can be our franchise PF if he does sign with the Raptors, on the positive side, he's young and i'm optimistic to see him playing decent ballgame with DERozan and Gay.
    Med School student strikes again!
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

haha will bynum averaging 20 and 10 off the bench is the best

Comment

I think all of you have forgotten that Shawn Marion wanted out of this City.

Comment

There was a rumor on CNNSI's Fan Nation site that claims Minnesota may consider dealing Kevin Love (it came from RR's good buddy Bill Simmons): http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...ade-kevin-love

If this is true, I wonder if a package of DeRozan & Bargnani & 1st round pick(s) might be enough to get Minny talking? Ridnour would seem an obvious addition, then either Williams/Roy would likely need to be included as well (for salary matching).

If Williams were included...

LINEUP
          C: Valanciunas, Gray
          PF: Love, Johnson, Acy
          SF: Gay, Williams
          SG: Fields, Ross
          PG: Lowry, Ridnour, Lucas

That would be a fantastic 9-man rotation (excluding Gray, Acy and Lucas), though I'd still like to see another veteran wing added. The primary 2nd unit could go small with Johnson, Williams, vet, Ross and Ridnour.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            There was a rumor on CNNSI's Fan Nation site that claims Minnesota may consider dealing Kevin Love (it came from RR's good buddy Bill Simmons): http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...ade-kevin-love

If this is true, I wonder if a package of DeRozan & Bargnani & 1st round pick(s) might be enough to get Minny talking? Ridnour would seem an obvious addition, then either Williams/Roy would likely need to be included as well (for salary matching).

LINEUP

That would be a fantastic 9-man rotation (excluding Gray, Acy and Lucas), though I'd still like to see another veteran wing added. The primary 2nd unit could go small with Johnson, Williams, vet, Ross and Ridnour.
            Again, this is the kind of thing I keep hoping for, and the only type of scenario where I'd trade Demar at this time, with a young (or at least still in prime) all-star who could possibly fit with the team beyond his current contract. Love is definitely such a player. Yes he has injury concerns and a high salary, but he seems like the perfect compliment to our roster (not just because he's an all-star), as a stretch 4 who can also go to the post, making him fit with JV on/off the floor (Amir fits with everyone). Opens up space for Gay, Lowry and other wings to attack. Great rebounder and smart player.

I really don't want Williams on the team. I would ask for Roy if that's what it came down to as the last decision in talks. Take Roy, he retires. Move on.

Use whatever exception the team has left after the trade to make a run at a competent rotation wing....names like Dorrell Wright, Corey Brewer, Ronnie Brewer, Matt Barnes, Chase Budinger, Marco Belinelli, Keith Bogans...Lots of names out there that could round out that spot. Use minimum guys to fill out the bench if needed.

*I also think the team may have to send Lucas to Minny in such a deal to be their end of bench PG. They really need to develop Shved as a SG. And they'll have Rubio and Barea. Lucas would actually move up very well into Barea's bench role if there's an injury.
            Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Apr 25, 2013, 01:00 PM.

Comment

I think trading DeMar for an all-star type PF makes a lot of sense, but the GM is still Bryan Colangelo. From the press conference and his stance pretty much all season seems to indicate to me anyway that DeMar is untouchable, and is part of the core going forward (with Gay and JV).

Even if Love was on the block, I would doubt that Bryan would dangle DeMar.

If Khan can be convinced to take Bargnani+Ross+1st rounder.. then that's the kind of deal that I think he would be looking for otherwise if Minny is adamant about taking DeMar, then I think Bryan would hang up the phone on him.

At least that's my opinion.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                we can start him at the four
                Hasn't he played the 5 his whole life? Might take some time to get accustomed to.
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

LINEUP

I'd love Love on the Raptors, but lets look at this outside of the Raps bubble for a second. If Minny wants to deal Love, there is no way in fucking hell Bargs + DD + Picks is going to be the best offer they get. Someone will offer them an All-Star in return, and won't try to tack on a sack of shit like Bargs. If we wanted Love it would take trading Jonas, no doubt about it. Minny isn't bent over a barrel financially like Memphis was, and Love will have way more suitors than Gay did (way cheaper contract, better player).

For instance, Cleveland is looking for an upgrade at PF. They could easily offer Tristan Thompson and Varejao + multuiple draft picks for Love. That is so much fucking better than Bargs + DD it's not even funny. That's just one team. If Love is on the table, the Raps will not be major players to get his services, outside of being willing to deal JVal, which I hope they don't do. Love has already shown he can't carry a mediocre team to the playoffs on his own, so no reason to duplicate Minnesota's failures here in Toronto.

Comment

The team has to move Fields, if the plan is adding a vet shooter off the bench beside Ross and a vet PG... DeMar with any GM is a part of the plan moving forward fields isnt he was just a mistake of a pickup planned for Nash thats all. Raps dont need another logjam I dont see a role for Fields in the rosters future.

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                      Hasn't he played the 5 his whole life? Might take some time to get accustomed to.
                      He played the 4 alongside big Z for a number of years.

And yeah, you guys forget that Marion didn't want to play here.

Comment

LINEUP

I wonder what the asking price would be for Love.

Don't think Toronto would have the best package to offer and I don't think Minnesota takes back Bargnani in ANY package. DeRozan/Amir/2 firsts?

I imagine any conversation starts with Kahn saying, "We want JV." I would keep saying, "NO!" Reason why is Love is able to opt out after 2014-2015.

Which brings up an interesting fact: how much are teams going to give up to get Love knowing he can opt out in 2 seasons and the Lakers - his hometown and dream to play for - are going to be flush with cap space and possibly Dwight Howard.

I don't agree with Simmons article on offering Deng, Butler, Mirotic, Charlotte pick. Bulls then left with Boozer, Love, and Gibson taking up $36M of salary cap. Amnesty is a possibility with Boozer though. That seems like a lot for Love who may bolt in 2 years.

Anyways, I am rambling. If Raps can get Love without parting with JV, sign me up.

Comment

Mostly good points (IMO) except:
                          Biedrins for Bargnani -no thanks. You might argue Bargs value is poor -agreed (BUT there is at least a chance he reverts to healthy starts last year where he was close to an all star in the east). WRT Biedrins -absolutely zero value.
                          As for Jack -No chance on 2 counts: 1. WE pretty much ran him out of town as being useless. 2. He is having a great/solid season & will likely be looking for a raise (a lot more than mini-mid).
                          -D Harris anyone (possibly a bit of 1 & 2). Will likely seek a lot less than current salary.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            I was thinking the same thing. He brings a lot of energy and rebounding
                            Bargnani for J Thompson & Jimmer? You never know with Kings. Heck, maybe expand above plus Ross for Evans ie Bargnani & Ross for Thompson, Jimmer & Evans (maybe we toss in a second rounder Or buy a late first).

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              I wonder what the asking price would be for Love.

Don't think Toronto would have the best package to offer and I don't think Minnesota takes back Bargnani in ANY package. DeRozan/Amir/2 firsts?

I imagine any conversation starts with Kahn saying, "We want JV." I would keep saying, "NO!" Reason why is Love is able to opt out after 2014-2015.

Which brings up an interesting fact: how much are teams going to give up to get Love knowing he can opt out in 2 seasons and the Lakers - his hometown and dream to play for - are going to be flush with cap space and possibly Dwight Howard.

I don't agree with Simmons article on offering Deng, Butler, Mirotic, Charlotte pick. Bulls then left with Boozer, Love, and Gibson taking up $36M of salary cap. Amnesty is a possibility with Boozer though. That seems like a lot for Love who may bolt in 2 years.

Anyways, I am rambling. If Raps can get Love without parting with JV, sign me up.
                              I'd hate to part with JV, but lets be honest: At the best JV is a maybe (OK likely), while Love (when healthy) is a sure thing. I'd rather include JV than 2 first rounders. Also, I agree with you that Love can bolt in 2 years, but 2 years is a long time in NBA.
                              IFF JV was all it would have taken for Harden, don't you think it made sense (especially seeing Houston in playoffs -& now with Russ out who knows)?
                              While at it -above deal plus maybe S/T for their center? (OK, I am dreaming).

Comment

Mapko wrote: View Post
                                I'd hate to part with JV, but lets be honest: At the best JV is a maybe (OK likely), while Love (when healthy) is a sure thing. I'd rather include JV than 2 first rounders. Also, I agree with you that Love can bolt in 2 years, but 2 years is a long time in NBA.
                                IFF JV was all it would have taken for Harden, don't you think it made sense (especially seeing Houston in playoffs -& now with Russ out who knows)?
                                While at it -above deal plus maybe S/T for their center? (OK, I am dreaming).
                                Love and JV are a match made in heaven.

Love is a great rebounder and scorer but he is a horrible defender.

I am extremely tired right now but I can't think of a PF and C in the NBA who would compliment each other better on both ends of the floor.

Comment

Working...
                                X