Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Love and JV are a match made in heaven.

Love is a great rebounder and scorer but he is a horrible defender.

I am extremely tired right now but I can't think of a PF and C in the NBA who would compliment each other better on both ends of the floor.
    Dirk Nowitzki and Dwight Howard? The only one I can think of at the moment...

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Dirk Nowitzki and Dwight Howard? The only one I can think of at the moment...
      3 years ago, yeah, for sure.

Comment

3 years ago, yeah, for sure.
        Well, Love has hardly proven durable so far. Definitely the biggest issue there. They might still be better than any duo with him for the next 3 years, since he might be absent for half that time.

*I also think this injury-risk might be part of the reason Toronto would have any chance at getting him, though.

Comment

Well, Love has hardly proven durable so far. Definitely the biggest issue there. They might still be better than any duo with him for the next 3 years, since he might be absent for half that time.

*I also think this injury-risk might be part of the reason Toronto would have any chance at getting him, though.
          Same knock can go against Dirk and Dwight now.

Comment

Same knock can go against Dirk and Dwight now.
            I didn't say it can't, but I also don't think you could confidently bet on Love playing more games than either of them in the next 3 years. Those 2 guys barely missed games before the last 2 years. Obviously Dirk's a much bigger question makr there, but who knows. With elite players, they often find a way to overcome physical issues of age, he just needs to believe he'll be playing for something that matters again.

*I mean, it's definitely a big concern with Love. I suppose it's a plus that he hasn't had a severe injury since coming into the league...but he's broken bones in both his hands, had a groin injury, a concussion...almost makes you worry more, because it's always something different.
            Last edited by white men can't jump; Sat Apr 27, 2013, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Phil Jackson, Jerry Sloan lol.

Comment

I didn't say it can't, but I also don't think you could confidently bet on Love playing more games than either of them in the next 3 years. Obviously Dirk's a much bigger question makr there, but who knows. With elite players, they often find a way to overcome physical issues of age, he just needs to believe he'll be playing for something that matters again.

*I mean, it's definitely a big concern with Love. I suppose it's a plus that he hasn't had a severe injury since coming into the league...but he's broken bones in both his hands, had a groin injury, a concussion...almost makes you worry more, because it's always something different.
                There is always risk.

Westbrook had never missed a game in high school, college, and 5 years of pro and then meniscus torn.

Don't forget the original point: Love and JV would be a match made in heaven on both sides of the floor. Regarding that statement I did not mean in the entire NBA at the time although assuming Love stays healthy and JV continues the growth/potential he has shown, we could be talking entire league soon enough. I was originally talking about the two players individually.

Comment

There is always risk.

Westbrook had never missed a game in high school, college, and 5 years of pro and then meniscus torn.

Don't forget the original point: Love and JV would be a match made in heaven on both sides of the floor. Regarding that statement I did not mean in the entire NBA at the time although assuming Love stays healthy and JV continues the growth/potential he has shown, we could be talking entire league soon enough. I was originally talking about the two players individually.
                  Obviously...after all, I have been saying for weeks that this kind of trade is the only thing this team should be trying to do (other than getting rid of Bargs). There is always risk. The other player I want the Raps to keep an eye on in the back of my mind is Rajon Rondo ....Does Boston look like a team ready for a quick rebuild? A couple of old stars, a decent player in Green, and then just a bunch of mostly average players. I don't think so, and think they could blow it up soon. But Rondo also has risk now, with his knee injury.

Really my only piont is that Love's injury history is worrisome, because he hasn't had a major issue but always seems to miss time. Is it bad luck or is he a glass man? Hopefully just bad luck.
                  Last edited by white men can't jump; Sat Apr 27, 2013, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Was watching Game 6 of OKC vs HOU, and was thinking that both Patrick Beverly and Aaron Brooks seemed to fit the Houston Rockets uptempo offense better than Jeremy Lin. Since they both come with smaller price tags I wondered if maybe a Bargnanni for Lin trade might make sense.

For the Raptors Lin would be a great back up PG for an often injured Lowry, he's pretty decent 3 point shooter, smart player, young etc...also MLSE could have a field day marketing him to the asian demographic in Toronto.

For the Rockets Barganni would be an instant upgrade on offense from Greg Smith (who?), Terrence Jones (rookie and a tweener), though Motiejunas should see more playing time he might still be a year away from being fully NBA ready but a good first big off the bench for next year. Not sure how salaries match up but for conversation sake how does this trade sound to you all?

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                      Was watching Game 6 of OKC vs HOU, and was thinking that both Patrick Beverly and Aaron Brooks seemed to fit the Houston Rockets uptempo offense better than Jeremy Lin. Since they both come with smaller price tags I wondered if maybe a Bargnanni for Lin trade might make sense.

For the Raptors Lin would be a great back up PG for an often injured Lowry, he's pretty decent 3 point shooter, smart player, young etc...also MLSE could have a field day marketing him to the asian demographic in Toronto.

For the Rockets Barganni would be an instant upgrade on offense from Greg Smith (who?), Terrence Jones (rookie and a tweener), though Motiejunas should see more playing time he might still be a year away from being fully NBA ready but a good first big off the bench for next year. Not sure how salaries match up but for conversation sake how does this trade sound to you all?
                      Lin would make a very nice backup PG...he's best friends with Landry as well.
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Sex is good, anyway, what am I saying so yeah

Toronto send away Bargs + Kleiza + 1st rounder
                        Toronto get Jason Thompsons + Fredette + 1st rounder

Toronto draft Anthony Bennett with the Kings pick

Lowry/Fredette/PG
                        DeRozan/Ross
                        Gay/Bennett/Fields
                        Amir/Acy
                        Val/J.Thompsons/Gray

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                          Sex is good, anyway, what am I saying so yeah

Toronto send away Bargs + Kleiza + 1st rounder
                          Toronto get Jason Thompsons + Fredette + 1st rounder

Toronto draft Anthony Bennett with the Kings pick

Lowry/Fredette/PG
                          DeRozan/Ross
                          Gay/Bennett/Fields
                          Amir/Acy
                          Val/J.Thompsons/Gray
                          Except Toronto does not have a 1st round pick to trade.... nor does SAC unless they draft and trade on draft night.

Bargs/Kleiza for Thompson/Jimmer alone I would be all over except I don't see Sacramento doing the same due to money and Kleiza cannot play.

Comment

I'm not all that concerned about Love's durability. I don't see him have a chronic hand fracture disorder
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I think we should be looking hard at Kevin Martin. He would be a great fit on Toronto.
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                                I think we should be looking hard at Kevin Martin. He would be a great fit on Toronto.
                                Nah. K Mart would be useless here. We already have T Ross off the bench and DeRozan is basically a more athletic K Mart, there's not enough minutes for him unless we ship one of Ross or DeRozan. A 3rd big is what we need, someone like Jason Thompson, Jason Maxiell or Brandan Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X