Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tom Thibodeau: Raptor players would be wise to listen to a winner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    A bit misleading.. for some reason I thought Tom Thibodeau had said something about the Raptors. That does not appear to be the case.
    Sorry, not the intent.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thibodeau: "In all my years in this, one thing has never changed: You win with serious, tough-minded players. That never changes"

Bargnani fits this bill perfectly.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

This isn't on the players. The players are as advertised.

This is on Colangelo:

You want tough minded players? You go get tough minded players.

What you do not do is try to turn soft players into something they're not. I think this should be well established here now.

4. Like ceez, ReubenJRD, ebrian liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

It's great to have self motivated tough minded players but the Coach preaching and teaching toughness is what makes THE big difference. Even Bargnani can be tough under Thibodeau.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Wait a second, didn't they just hire a "tough coach"? You bring Thibodeau here and suddenly the luster rubs off when he's given a bunch of square pegs and a round hole.

Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Wait a second, didn't they just hire a "tough coach"? You bring Thibodeau here and suddenly the luster rubs off when he's given a bunch of square pegs and a round hole.
    Exactly. Where do people get the idea that an NBA coach can make a 20+yo basketball player "tougher"? I don't even know if it's the case at the kids' sports level, let alone once a guy has been playing for 15+ years and has reached the top of his profession. Coaching can teach skills and maximize physical talent, but a person's mental makeup/approach to the game is not the same.

If possible, I'd love to hear an example of this happening -- a coach preaching toughness and a player who started out with a "soft" reputation actually becoming tougher as a result.
    Definition of