Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    They don't exactly have the best medical staff
    Whether its the medical staff's fault or not, someone in New York was largely incompetent..
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
      Whether its the medical staff's fault or not, someone in New York was largely incompetent..
      Or they were starstruck by the Melo deal. fields was just swept under the rug.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
        Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
        Or they were starstruck by the Melo deal. fields was just swept under the rug.
        Largely agreed with both.

Fields became nothing but a player to them, and didn't seem much attention was brought to Fields.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Pong wrote: View Post
          Much respect to DD and his loyalty to toronto. But if we can trade DD for a really good 4 or trade him and then sign a good 4 during FA, I'd do it within a heartbeat. As much as I like him, he's not going to be an all star caliber player. He's a hard worker but he doesn't have that intensity or confidence you see guys like wade have, some people are just born with it. If wade's an unfair comparison, then look at players like Paul George and Kemba. They stay aggressive and attack, whereas we've seen DD become passive and sometimes lost when calls don't go his way or if there's a real physical defender on him.

We can put Fields in at the 2 spot and we'll be fine. Fields might not be as good offensively (who knows, he might regain the 3pt stroke he had in his rookie year) but he makes up for it in ball IQ, playmaking, rebounding and defense.
          I humbly disagree:
          1. DD wants to be here -that is no BS
          2. He was in top ten in NBA in FTA (any other non-all stars on that list?)
          3. His mid range J improved a lot. What is next -3 pointer we all hope? Better D (That is up to Casey & system as much as players).
          Compare his current stats to Joe Johnson. Who would you rather have next year (and at less than half price).

Comment

I hate to bring up Barg's in a clearly non-bargs thread, but there's been 3-4 off-seasons where a lot of people (including me) have saida variation of, "If only DD can work on his 3pt shooting, handles, and/or D, and he'll be the right guy as SG."

The first thing I'll say, is that Derozan seems to be a harder worker than Bargs, and therefore shouldn't be painted with the same brush.

The second thing I'll say, is that there comes a point where you have to stop talking about improving and start talking about what you've got.

Everyone has the right to make their own determination on when you stop thinking significant growth is possible, for me, whatever Derozan brings next season will be a good indicator of his ceiling. He may improve slightly afterwards, but essentially, what you see is what you can expect for the next 5 years of his career.

FWIW, I am totally okay with trading Derozan, because as crazy as it sounds I think that Fields will be a better 3pt shooter next year and the years following. I also like how crafty he is, and his ability to pass and rebound. I think Fields has the other non-scoring skills that are lacking from the starting line up, and do think that as a team we'd be better with Fields starting over derozan.

Anyway, I do think that Derozan has a little more time to show us more than what he already has, but that time is quickly running out. Next off season, anytime I see poster making the "if only he develops a..." type comments, I'll be arguing that if he had the ability to show us something different, he would have done it by now. I also understand how some people can make that argument now. According to basket-ball reference he started every possible game (82-63-82) these past three seasons (is this right? Has Derozan not missed any games in the last three seasons due to injury?!?!?!?) also averaged no less than 34.8 minutes in those 3 seasons he's logged over 3000 minutes of floor time as a starter, NOT counting any starter floor time as a rookie. That's really remarkable, but it also means that he's had a crazy amount of floor time, which I believe to be the most significant factor in player development.

At the end of year five I was saying that the barg's we have is the barg's we are going to get, so bit it with derozan.
            Last edited by ezz_bee; Tue Apr 30, 2013, 04:03 AM.
            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Sadly you are right (in terms of DeRozan's development). If he doesn't improve significantly after this off season then this is basically what we are going to get from him.

Comment

Sadly you are right (in terms of DeRozan's development). If he doesn't improve significantly after this off season then this is basically what we are going to get from him.
                Hey NoProps, someone got to your keyboard and posted some comments under your ID. Gotta remember to log off man.

Comment

if the guy doesnt develop 3 point range he better be traded before his contract is up or he will decline in his abilities really quick after that

Comment

I dont think ANYONE expected Demar to go from a non-3pt shooter to a .340% shooter in one offseason (or two or three).

I actually like the improvement we have seen! If it remains steady, he will have a .300 next year, and a .320 the year after!
                    When he peaks, he can be the 3pt threat we want him to be. I still have hope with Demar, and see no reason to become pessimistic with his improvements!
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I think the important thing is that he has it in his arsenal but doesnt take them like crazy his third season its all he was doing at one point it was awful. Hopefully Ross can get his act together and be that 3 point shooter. DeMar's thing is consistency be that 18+ ppg every single night.

Comment

rapstor4life wrote: View Post
                        i think the important thing is that he has it in his arsenal but doesnt take them like crazy his third season its all he was doing at one point it was awful. Hopefully ross can get his act together and be that 3 point shooter. Demar's thing is consistency be that 18+ ppg every single night.
                        punctuation.
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                          Hey NoProps, someone got to your keyboard and posted some comments under your ID. Gotta remember to log off man.
                          Haha very funny

Comment

Haha very funny

Comment

Working...
                            X