Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tim Leiweke named new President of MLSE - Going to make run at Phil Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceez wrote: View Post
    Phil Jackson would bring a level of respectability the team has NEVER had.
    Hopefully he's more effective as an executive than laughing stoc--sorry, than Michael Jordan.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
      Hopefully he's more effective as an executive than laughing stoc--sorry, than Michael Jordan.
      or Isaiah Thomas

Comment

Exactly. Brilliant dude but sometimes I get weary on rookie GM's that were successful at other levels. That kind of stuff doesn't automatically translate.
        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Lol wow. Is all I can say.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
            Phil Jackson would be awesome to have as GM of the Toronto Raptors or as head coach, if he's the GM, he will most likely hire either Sam Cassell or Brian Shaw, we would love to see a triangle offense type of style for this team.

Jackson would make DeRozan instantly better, could be Heir Jordan or Heir Kobe as opposed to Heir VC.
            Rudy Gay ain't no Scottie Pippen but he can be better scorer
            Amir Johnson is no Horace Grant but he can be a better defender
            Kyle Lowry is a lot better than John Paxon and BJ Armstrong
            Jonas Valanciunas ain't Shaq but he can be a better scorer and hit the open jump shot
            Bargnani will be traded along with T-Ross under Phil Jackson possibly for some key backup veterans

Give a year or two, the Raptors will make some noise in the NBA.
            TFTW Medical Student extraordinaire strikes again!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
              Exactly. Brilliant dude but sometimes I get weary on rookie GM's that were successful at other levels. That kind of stuff doesn't automatically translate.
              Agreed. Jackson brings instant credibility to the organization, but that doesn't necessarily mean he knows how to build a winning team.

Jackson built himself through 4 of the greatest players of all time (Jordan, Pip, Kobe, Shaq).

Comment

I agree with Nilanka :O omg cant believe I just said that. Id rather the news be Raps pursuing coach Pop for GM position. the fact that this is leaked to Toronto looking for a GM brings up the possibility that Colangelo may not get fired but at the very least is walking on very thin ice and they are looking for a replacement GM, while BC continues to do the Can can on stage.

Comment

I'm torn because BC has done such an excellent job turning Toronto into a legit championship contender. I would hate to see him and Casey, who gave Toronto the top defense in the league, get the boot in favor of less talented people like Phil Jackson and Jerry Sloan
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Agreed. Jackson brings instant credibility to the organization, but that doesn't necessarily mean he knows how to build a winning team.

Jackson built himself through 4 of the greatest players of all time (Jordan, Pip, Kobe, Shaq).
                    No, it doesn't but we know for sure Colangelo will fail. Before that, MLSE hired Rob Babcock. I'm willing to take my chances with Phil. Pat Riley worked out pretty good in Miami. Don't think Jackson wouldn't like a ring as a GM/President to show he can do what Riley did....

You can say that about every great NBA coach and GM. Popovich is nothing without Duncan; Riley nothing without Magic, etc.

If you really want an experienced GM (i.e. rookies make you nervous) I hear David Kahn is available...

Comment

hey cool.

Comment

The sarcasm in this thread delivers. Go team!
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                          I can only imagine the amount of money Phil Jackson wants for the job. Regardless, I'm pretty sure MLSE does have enough money to match however many millions he wants as you stated.
                          Who needs money when you get a chance to run the greatest organization in the history of the universe?
                          your pal,
                          ebrian

Comment

Who needs money when you get a chance to run the greatest organization in the history of the universe?
                            Very true!

Comment

The front office was probably inspired after reading my post from Feb. 20:

Despite the current win streak, making the playoffs is still a long shot. I believe that Colangelo will not be renewed as GM no matter. So contemplating who's next as GM, and not endorsing any particular candidate, I'm asking why not Phil?
                              http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...ture/page2&#30

Comment

Here's the full espn story for yall:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/92...on-sources-say
                                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Working...
                                X