I'm Stealing Jalen Rose's Trade Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Stealing Jalen Rose's Trade Idea

Jalen brought up this idea on Simmons' podcast today.

Bargnani for Nash, straight up. (Although I'm thinking Toronto would have to throw in a 2nd rounder or something).

Nash is the backup everyone wants for Lowry. He also gets paid a little less than Bargs. And Bargs in a D'Antoni system would be one of the few places he could thrive in.

It works straight up: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c7vp7p4

I mean personally I'd take anything for Bargs that didn't take in more salary but this kind of makes sense.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Why would LA do it though? So they can start Steve Blake? lol...
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
      Why would LA do it though? So they can start Steve Blake? lol...
      At this point Blake IS a better option than Nash.
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Yeah, Im not sure what youre talking about AT ALL.

These are Nash averages: FG 0.497 3PT 0.438 FT 0.922
        50/44/92 averages
        12.7 ppg
        6.7 apg

Comment

Sure his numbers are still decent, but they've dropped off considerably from last year. And that's worrisome because he's surrounded by SO much more talent in LA. Injuries are a major concern for Nash as well, he only played 50 games this season and even then he's had nagging injuries the whole year. Blake has taken the reigns quite well IMO.
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
            Sure his numbers are still decent, but they've dropped off considerably from last year. And that's worrisome because he's surrounded by SO much more talent in LA. Injuries are a major concern for Nash as well, he only played 50 games this season and even then he's had nagging injuries the whole year. Blake has taken the reigns quite well IMO.
            Decent? 50/40/90 is legendary, and you call 50/44/92... decent??
            The only thing down (his scoring is up) is his FG % (from 52% to 49%) and his assists (10.7 - 6.7). And Playing with Kobe Bryant means he has the ball much less than his prior years, so its justified.

Comment

Nash has a 15% trade kicker and runs an extra year.

I think I'd pass at this point.

Do you want to be paying Nash $11.5M in 2 years?

Comment

Jalen Rose is an idiot...he should stick to what he knows, which is the basketball commentary equivalent of sketch comedy. Or maybe that's what this idea was.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Nash has a 15% trade kicker and runs an extra year.

I think I'd pass at this point.

Do you want to be paying Nash $11.5M in 2 years?
                  I think Nash signed a three year deal so the years would be the same. With the 15% trade kicker it would work out to about the same salary.
                  Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    Jalen Rose is an idiot...he should stick to what he knows, which is the basketball commentary equivalent of sketch comedy. Or maybe that's what this idea was.
                    Yeah I dislike him. It's also painfully awkward when he tries to be the lead "introduce the topics and ask people questions" guy on the halftime show for ESPN broadcasts.

ITS NOT WORKING JALEN

Comment

I think Jalen's at his best when he's telling stories about his time in the NBA or offering a player's insight.
                      Sometimes his ideas are a bit undercooked, to say the very least.

Comment

Working...
                      X