Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andrea Bargnani for Ben Gordon straight up. Would you do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrea Bargnani for Ben Gordon straight up. Would you do it?

Title says it all.

Why would the Bobcats do it? Well, they need talent. And if Bargnani got something, it is talent. Also, it appears that relations between Ben Gordon and the Bobcats organisation are not going really well. I also guess that Gordon would welcome a new start. Same for Andrea.

Why would the Raptors do it? Well, it is pretty obvious that the Raptors need to get rid of Andrea Bargnani. By doing this trade, they will save around 10M$ when the summer of 2014 comes. Also, they get Ben Gordon, a combo guard who's proved in the past that he's really, really clutch. He's a scorer, and he's a good veteran NBA player. He'd be great coming of the bench. He can play some minutes at the point, also.

I know some of you will say that Anderson gives us about the same type of game for a lot less money and that it would only cut on Ross' minutes. Well, I don't agree with you. Here's why. We want to be a playoff team. Gordon is an NBA player. A true one. Ross will play more next year than this past one that's for sure. But he probably still won't be ready to play huge minutes.

I'd still like to see Anderson back as the third small forward.

Valanciunas/FA/Gray
    Johnson/FA/Acy
    Gay/Fields/FA
    DeRozan/Ross/Gordon
    Lowry/FA/Lucas

Kleiza get amnestied. Would you do that trade? Do you like this roster?

NO.

Ben Gordon is exactly what we DO NOT want on this team.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Why?

Just a couple years ago this guy was averaging more than 20 points a game on a playoff team. Plus he performs greatly under pressure (09 1st round matchup vs Boston anyone?). I think he could only help our squad.
      Last edited by charlesnba23; Sun Apr 28, 2013, 01:12 AM.

Comment

This summer? Probably not.

At the trade deadline? Yes.

This summer with another asset attached? OK.

Comment

I don't want him. He's been in steady decline since that 20PPG season with the Bulls. His FG% this year was disastrous (a hair over 40%) and he was incredibly inconsistent throughout this year. Not to mention all of this is happening on the Bobcats, a team that should give him plenty of opportunity to show his scoring ability.

Besides, he has a $13.2 million option with Charlotte for 2014, which he will obviously pick up because there's no way he's getting half of that in free agency.
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
            Why?

Just a couple years ago this guy was averaging more than 20 points a game on a playoff team. Plus he performs greatly under pressure (09 1st round matchup vs Boston anyone?). I think he could only help our squad.
            Think Alan Anderson...
            Ben Gordon is a low percentage chucking wing, and lets be honest we have WAY MORE THAN WE NEED of those types of players.
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

NO. I'd rather Boozer, because Gordon sucks.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Working...
                X