Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who covers the Raptors better ... TSN or 590 ?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Who covers the Raptors better ... TSN or 590 ?

Got to give props to TSN radio who actually went to media day and had one of their shows live from there ... Do you think there will ever be a time when Sportsnet and or TSN will have a segment dedicated to the NBA / Raptors ie Hockey Central ( 590 ) Baseball central ( 590 ) Leaf lunch ( TSN ) etc ..

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote guyroch wrote: View Post
    Got to give props to TSN radio who actually went to media day and had one of their shows live from there ... Do you think there will ever be a time when Sportsnet and or TSN have a segment dedicated to the NBA / Raptors ie Hockey Central ( 590 ) Baseball central ( 590 ) Leaf lunch etc
    Maybe TSN. They'll need to fill programming with something since Rogers owns the hockey rights in Canada. I'd be thrilled if they tried to really up their coverage of NBA.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

On TSN Jack does the commentary. On Sportsnet Leo does. This is clearly not a debate.

In seriousness, neither are great, but both have improved. I agree with wmcj, with TSN losing a lot of hockey, they are primed to take over Raptors coverage big time.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If the discussion is limited to radio only, then we have to acknowledge that Sportsnet actually broadcasts the games.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

As for the dedicated radio show, Sportsnet does have "Hoops", usually hosted by Eric Smith. Basically a 1 hour call-in show.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    As for the dedicated radio show, Sportsnet does have "Hoops", usually hosted by Eric Smith. Basically a 1 hour call-in show.
    Yea baried on a Thursday night ... I am talking about a day time slot ie between 10 to 4 .. I have to tune into ESPN podcasts during the playoffs cause it is like pulling out a tooth to get those two stations to talk hoops ..

590 morning show is dedicating a segment to talk about 2 NHL teams a day prior to the season ... Really we need to know about Nashville and Columbus ???
    Last edited by guyroch; Tue Sep 30th, 2014 at 04:03 PM.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

May be it's because I have been listening toSportsnet (590) for so long the personalities have got stale. TSN seems to be much better these days. Sportsnet are going to be even more hockey centric this season with the big tv deal with the NHL.

Post Thanks / Like

With TSN's new website, it's hard to say they cover anything well... what garbage!

It's awful how pre-season hockey completely takes over the national sports networks, considering that MLB playoffs are coming up, NFL is kicking off, CFL is in the playoff push, PGA season just wrapped up with the Ryder Cup, etc...

I'd love to see one of the networks take that first step to really push the NBA in Canada. With the Raptors poised to be a top team over the next couple seasons, their 20th anniversary being celebrated, and the NBA all-star game just around the corner, now is the time to step out on that limb.

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Logically one would think since TSN lost the hockey rights to Rogers they would be inclined to show and cover more Raptors related but knowing the idiots at TSN they will still no give a shit about the Raps
    Masai treats the Knicks like they are his personal farm team system, where he can cultivate assets for the future. It's not right or fair, but he's THE WARLORD

Raptors Republic All-Star e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Man I miss court surfing on the score
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

11. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    One of the best shows ever IMO
    Masai treats the Knicks like they are his personal farm team system, where he can cultivate assets for the future. It's not right or fair, but he's THE WARLORD

Raptors Republic All-Star e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    One of the best shows ever IMO
    Agree, such a sweet way to stay in tune with the league. I don't really wanna watch a Hawks-Kings game unless it's gearing up for a wild finish. How am I supposed to know which games are good now without Court surfing?
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Post Thanks / Like

Even better than Court Surfing, was Court Cuts

15. Like Sig liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

So many great NBA stories this year ... Wiggins and Bennet playing for Wolves , Lebron going home , Nik starting his pro career started with Kings etc ., I am so starved for NBA talk ...

It seems finding a U.S podcast that isn't talking about the NFL is as hard as finding TSN and sportsnet segment on the NBA ...

Bill Simmions suspension better end soon ...
    Last edited by guyroch; Wed Oct 1st, 2014 at 10:04 AM.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I just miss theScore in general. They generally did waaay more NBA stuff than everyone else, especially when Tim and Sid were there.

F---kin Rogers taking away my happiness again and again.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure they had Court Surfing on SN360 last year, didn't they? Was I that out of it? I had the super sports pack most of the year(football reasons).
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Raptors Republic Starter Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

TSN is going to ramp up its coverage of the NBA after the US NCAA College Football season fades in December. They have 5 new channels to fill and they are joined at the hip with ESPN so look for more NBA coverage in general.

Love to see them re-purpose some of the money they were using on NHL broadcasts and broadcast teams on a bona fide NBA analyst type show. Maybe bring in former Raptor and ESPN guy Jalen Rose to do a show with Sam Mitchell and Jack Ramsay for an hour every other night. If nothing else it will make for great live televison.

Rogers (sportsnet) and the NHL inside of 3 years will come to rue that exclusive deal they cut. Look for a divorce based on illness. The NHL gets sick of Rogers and Rogers gets sick of the NHL.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Neither. TSN's coverage is getting better though i give them that.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    TSN is going to ramp up its coverage of the NBA after the US NCAA College Football season fades in December. They have 5 new channels to fill and they are joined at the hip with ESPN so look for more NBA coverage in general.

Love to see them re-purpose some of the money they were using on NHL broadcasts and broadcast teams on a bona fide NBA analyst type show. Maybe bring in former Raptor and ESPN guy Jalen Rose to do a show with Sam Mitchell and Jack Ramsay for an hour every other night. If nothing else it will make for great live televison.

Rogers (sportsnet) and the NHL inside of 3 years will come to rue that exclusive deal they cut. Look for a divorce based on illness. The NHL gets sick of Rogers and Rogers gets sick of the NHL.
    In a city that their home team sucked up the joint and is predicted not to make the playoffs ... Rogers is throwing a big blcok party at Dundas square to kick off the NHL season .. The Raptors division champs and set to repeat you will get cricket sounds ...

I agree TSN should go all out to grow NBA in this city ... It shouldn't be hard ... The city doesn't love it's star player and it's Captain on the hockey side but Raps roster is filled with playes this city loves ..

Post Thanks / Like

We will probably still get relegated to TSN2. Pub night will be on the main channel. Followed by a strong man competition and then some Snooker. On TSN2 we can miss the first 2 quarters because a lacrosse game goes long.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information