Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jonas Valanciunas or Enes Kanter? (Poll added)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hateslosing wrote: View Post
    Valanciunas is bigger and is in the mold of a traditional, back to the basket, center. Hid reach and height make him a good rim protector and he has good touch around the rim.

Kanter is a little shorter (an inch with 3" shoter wingspan), a little thicker, and maybe more athletic. I see him as being a power forward/center hybrid.

For the Raps JV is better. I'd prefer him on most team since finding that true center is very difficult to do in the NBA.
    I think its the exact opposite.

Val has a little more length, Kanter has a more bulk.

But Kanter is a pure back to the basket, low post, bruising style big man. While Val offers a little more range and quickness. Kanter is much more a pure C, while Val would be more likely to fill a pf/c role.

I think tkfu is more or less spot on (although I don't think there is a style that necessarily fits 'today's NBA' better per se). In the long run I'd put my money on Val, but I think Kanter has lacked any period of significant playing time the past 2 seasons (with Jefferson, Milsap and Favors in Utah) that Val got this year.

Comment

Jv is a leaner more skilled big. Where as Kanter is more like pekovic. He's going to go through you not over you, JV will either go over you or around you because he's longer and faster. I'd go with JV cause i'm a homer and i love JV

Comment

Like Stahmenah said, we got Valanciunas, so who really cares. Nevertheless, both get their offense in large part from playing in the post and Valanciunas hasn't done worse there than Kanter.

Comment

I think both are nice players but like many previous have said are different. Wouldn't be apposed to either taking up a roster spot on my team. JV gets the edge with his hustle and length also his vibe he gives off. JV has that vibe that he's going to be great and be that guy who leads his team, I don't get that from Kanter.

Comment

I strongly disagree with both tkfu and Craiger. I think once JV will fill out, he'll be much much more of a true center than Kanter. JV doesn't mind banging in the paint. I imagine JV having Bogut-esque type body, but with a much much better offensive game. Kanter will be more of a PF/C, since he's probably gonna be quicker than JV in their primes and thus should keep up with most of the PFs in the league.

Comment

Jonas Rookie year: 8.9 ppg 6.0 rpg and 1.3 bpg as well as 56% fg Enes rookie year: 4.6 ppg 4.2 rpg 0.3 bpg and 50% fg.... The answer is clear and it's JV
              #BringBackUzoh

Comment

feet85 wrote: View Post
                Jonas Rookie year: 8.9 ppg 6.0 rpg and 1.3 bpg as well as 56% fg Enes rookie year: 4.6 ppg 4.2 rpg 0.3 bpg and 50% fg.... The answer is clear and it's JV
                You missed an important stat. JV was averaging 10 more minutes per game than Kanter. Though I still think JV will have have a better career both offensively and defensively. If we had Favors next to JV then I would be super excited for the Raps future.

Comment

feet85 wrote: View Post
                  connected wrote: View Post
                  You missed an important stat. JV was averaging 10 more minutes per game than Kanter. Though I still think JV will have have a better career both offensively and defensively. If we had Favors next to JV then I would be super excited for the Raps future.
                  I was about to say the same thing...Kanter has been locked to the bench while Millsap and Jefferson logged the big minutes. I believe this is one of the main reasons they want to trade Al or Millsap; they have two perfectly capable big men in Kanter and Derrick Favors, and they're sitting on the bench doing nothing.

Every one of Kanter's numbers in stats categories increased, all while playing relatively the same amount of minutes as his rookie year (13.2 to 15.4). In games that he's logged big minutes, he's gone out and produced BIG games. On March 1st he put up 23 and 22 in 44 minutes of PT. Mind you, it was against the Bobcats, but 20-20 games around the league were hard to come by this year.

Take the homer glasses off people. An argument can be made going either way.
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I think Kanter will be a star. He is an absolute beast, but he can also face up and hit a 15 footer. I think he's a great player going forward, both him a JV are physically imposing with very good size, but I think Kanter will emerge as a top 5 center in the league.

I'm much more impressed and intrigued by Kanter's skillset. I think he has 20 10 capability. He's a skilled, physical guy who can operate on the block or step away, which makes him a threat anywhere from 18 ft on down. His footwork is beautiful to watch when he doesn't rush his moves. He's got a great feel for the post and has counters over either shoulder.

Jefferson and Millsap are free agent why they didn't get traded already is beyond me but it seems like Utah missed a huge opp to get something in return.

Players can't develop unless they get playing time so it makes little sense to keep somebody glued to a bench thinking it's going to make him better. That's what Utah is doing with Kanter.

Since I saw him play in the Nike Hoop Summit back in 2010, and since he has gotten drafted. Ive loved this kid Great work ethic, great rebounder, strong as an ox, and has pretty good touch and footwork.

Don't get me wrong i love JV like the next person but Kanter is something else.

Comment

On a side note Kanter dropped 51 lbs. before this season even started

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...medium=twitter
                      Last edited by bounty; Mon Apr 29, 2013, 11:44 PM.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        Jv is a leaner more skilled big. Where as Kanter is more like pekovic. He's going to go through you not over you, JV will either go over you or around you because he's longer and faster. I'd go with JV cause i'm a homer and i love JV
                        hahaaaaa

Comment

The two of them are gonna have very good careers.
                          That said, I voted JV, as although Kanter has a stronger body and is a better rebounder, he doesn't have JV's offensive arsenal, or his fantastic attitude and on court hustle. Plus, I have a huge bias as well.

Comment

JV Vs EK, I prefer JV. However if an opportunity like JV/ Bargnani for Kanter/Millsap presented itself, Raps. should do that trade IMO.
                            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                              JV Vs EK, I prefer JV. However if an opportunity like JV/ Bargnani for Kanter/Millsap presented itself, Raps. should do that trade IMO.
                              Speaking of impossible scenarios, Raps should also trade JV for Wiggins if that opportunity presented itself.

Comment

omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
                                Speaking of impossible scenarios, Raps should also trade JV for Wiggins if that opportunity presented itself.
                                If Millsap agreed to a sign and trade it would be very much possible. Everyone agreeing is another matter, of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X