1 2.33%
  • Fairly even

2 4.65%
  • Only time will tell

6 13.95%
  • Who cares? JV is a Raptor!

5 11.63%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Jonas Valanciunas or Enes Kanter? (Poll added)

Post Thanks / Like

Jonas Rookie year: 8.9 ppg 6.0 rpg and 1.3 bpg as well as 56% fg Enes rookie year: 4.6 ppg 4.2 rpg 0.3 bpg and 50% fg.... The answer is clear and it's JV
    #BringBackUzoh

Raptors Republic Starter connected's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote feet85 wrote: View Post
    Jonas Rookie year: 8.9 ppg 6.0 rpg and 1.3 bpg as well as 56% fg Enes rookie year: 4.6 ppg 4.2 rpg 0.3 bpg and 50% fg.... The answer is clear and it's JV
    You missed an important stat. JV was averaging 10 more minutes per game than Kanter. Though I still think JV will have have a better career both offensively and defensively. If we had Favors next to JV then I would be super excited for the Raps future.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote connected wrote: View Post
    You missed an important stat. JV was averaging 10 more minutes per game than Kanter. Though I still think JV will have have a better career both offensively and defensively. If we had Favors next to JV then I would be super excited for the Raps future.
    I was about to say the same thing...Kanter has been locked to the bench while Millsap and Jefferson logged the big minutes. I believe this is one of the main reasons they want to trade Al or Millsap; they have two perfectly capable big men in Kanter and Derrick Favors, and they're sitting on the bench doing nothing.

Every one of Kanter's numbers in stats categories increased, all while playing relatively the same amount of minutes as his rookie year (13.2 to 15.4). In games that he's logged big minutes, he's gone out and produced BIG games. On March 1st he put up 23 and 22 in 44 minutes of PT. Mind you, it was against the Bobcats, but 20-20 games around the league were hard to come by this year.

Take the homer glasses off people. An argument can be made going either way.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

4. Like TRX, bounty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Kanter will be a star. He is an absolute beast, but he can also face up and hit a 15 footer. I think he's a great player going forward, both him a JV are physically imposing with very good size, but I think Kanter will emerge as a top 5 center in the league.

I'm much more impressed and intrigued by Kanter's skillset. I think he has 20 10 capability. He's a skilled, physical guy who can operate on the block or step away, which makes him a threat anywhere from 18 ft on down. His footwork is beautiful to watch when he doesn't rush his moves. He's got a great feel for the post and has counters over either shoulder.

Jefferson and Millsap are free agent why they didn't get traded already is beyond me but it seems like Utah missed a huge opp to get something in return.

Players can't develop unless they get playing time so it makes little sense to keep somebody glued to a bench thinking it's going to make him better. That's what Utah is doing with Kanter.

Since I saw him play in the Nike Hoop Summit back in 2010, and since he has gotten drafted. Ive loved this kid Great work ethic, great rebounder, strong as an ox, and has pretty good touch and footwork.

Don't get me wrong i love JV like the next person but Kanter is something else.

Post Thanks / Like

On a side note Kanter dropped 51 lbs. before this season even started

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...medium=twitter
    Last edited by bounty; Mon Apr 29th, 2013 at 11:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Jv is a leaner more skilled big. Where as Kanter is more like pekovic. He's going to go through you not over you, JV will either go over you or around you because he's longer and faster. I'd go with JV cause i'm a homer and i love JV
    hahaaaaa

Raptors Republic Rookie swingman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The two of them are gonna have very good careers.
    That said, I voted JV, as although Kanter has a stronger body and is a better rebounder, he doesn't have JV's offensive arsenal, or his fantastic attitude and on court hustle. Plus, I have a huge bias as well.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

JV Vs EK, I prefer JV. However if an opportunity like JV/ Bargnani for Kanter/Millsap presented itself, Raps. should do that trade IMO.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Raptors Republic Starter omgsomuchpotential's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
    JV Vs EK, I prefer JV. However if an opportunity like JV/ Bargnani for Kanter/Millsap presented itself, Raps. should do that trade IMO.
    Speaking of impossible scenarios, Raps should also trade JV for Wiggins if that opportunity presented itself.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
    Speaking of impossible scenarios, Raps should also trade JV for Wiggins if that opportunity presented itself.
    If Millsap agreed to a sign and trade it would be very much possible. Everyone agreeing is another matter, of course.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Minutes?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

If I understand your post correctly, in your opinion trading JV/Bargnani for EK/Millsap is the same as trading JV for Wiggins. Not that anybody wouldn't do that(JV for Wiggins) IF the opportunity was there BUT how can you even begin to compare the two scenarios as being similar?

Matt thinking it's VERY possible is very supportive and thanks Matt for that.

The way I see it, let me state the difference between the two scenarios. One is Very much possible and the other is Very much impossible. That said though, you're entitled to your opinion.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Raptors Republic Starter omgsomuchpotential's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
    If I understand your post correctly, in your opinion trading JV/Bargnani for EK/Millsap is the same as trading JV for Wiggins. Not that anybody wouldn't do that(JV for Wiggins) IF the opportunity was there BUT how can you even begin to compare the two scenarios as being similar?

Matt thinking it's VERY possible is very supportive and thanks Matt for that.

The way I see it, let me state the difference between the two scenarios. One is Very much possible and the other is Very much impossible. That said though, you're entitled to your opinion.
    I didn't mean any direspect, perhaps my analogy wasn't a very good one. Maybe JV/Bargs for EK/Millsap isn't impossible, it's just very unlikely to happen IMO.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't mean any direspect, perhaps my analogy wasn't a very good one. Maybe JV/Bargs for EK/Millsap isn't impossible, it's just very unlikely to happen IMO.
    No hard feelings Sir. Your replacement of the word 'unlikely' instead of 'impossible' is noted.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Jv's per 36 min: 13.5 ppg and 9.0 rpg, Ek per 36 min: 12.5 ppg and 10.7 rpg I still like JV but it's close now that i looked more into EK's game
    #BringBackUzoh

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jv's per 36 min: 13.5 ppg and 9.0 rpg, Ek per 36 min: 12.5 ppg and 10.7 rpg I still like JV but it's close now that i looked more into EK's game
    I agree, it is very close. Hopefully we get to see more of Kanter's game next season, if Jefferson or Millsap gets dealt.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

Very good Solomon Alabi.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe I'm the only one who picked "fairly even" Haha.
    Enes' 23/22 game, in only his Second Start, this past year was an impressive feat; and one Jonas would be happy to replicate.

Your numbers for Enes aren't actually correct though.
    You took his Rebounding numbers from this year (12/13), but his Scoring numbers from last year (11/12).

Enes' Rookie Numbers Per 36 - 12.5pts & 11.5rpg & 0.9blocks (his numbers this year are 16.9, 10.2 & 1.1)
    Jonas Rookie Numbers Per 36 - 13.5pts & 9.0rpb & 1.9block (I could see all 3 cats going up in his Sophomore year)

Looking at these, its fairly obvious Jonas holds the Defensive advantage over Enes is fairly obvious. This is why I'd pick Jonas. Age isn't a factor as they were born 18 days apart. Lol

*All Stats c/o BasketballReference.com
    Last edited by Joey; Wed May 1st, 2013 at 03:09 PM.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought the telling stat that had been left out so far would be FT%. Very important for a big man down the stretch (or in the first quarter if you're D12). I was surprised to see that they were about even. The homer in me would have thought that was JV's edge

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know enough about Kanter to vote here, but I clicked "view results" so I could see the hilarious, homer-tastic overvaluing of JV... I was not disappointed.

But really, why are we even putting this poll up? People here would rather have JV than James freakin Harden.

This poll means nothing except that Raps fans are in love with JV. If we are trying to measure just how much JV is beloved/overvalued on this forum, a more interesting poll would be "who would you rather have?" JV vs Dwight, or JV vs Bosh, or JV vs Dirk. I still think people would vote JV over thse proven all-nba talents.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information