Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 98

Thread: Jason Collins comes out as a homosexual

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,341
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Jason Collins comes out as a homosexual

    He became the first NBA player to say it when he said "I'm a 34 year old center, I'm black and I'm gay." What are your thoughts on this. I think it cool that he had the balls to say it. There have probably been others(see any Chris bosh photo) who have been too afraid.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You beat me to it lol. I was surprised to hear this
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    hmm, maybe this is why he isn't a very good defender
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

  4. #4
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    4,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    As I said via Twitter, the world is a better place today after Jason Collins' announcement. Or at least I hope it will be to bring awareness. It will be interesting to see how many more follow suit. Its a great day.

  5. #5
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,551
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ground breaking, Life changing, etc.

    Wow. Good for him. And its exactly as Doc said, The world is a better place because of this.
    In Masai we Trust.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    He became the first NBA player to say it when he said "I'm a 34 year old center, I'm black and I'm gay." What are your thoughts on this. I think it cool that he had the balls to say it. There have probably been others(see any Chris bosh photo) who have been too afraid.
    hahahahahahahaha

    Hopefully only a good thing. Far too much homophobia in the world in general, and even more disproportionately so in men's sports.

    On a sidenote, I wonder if this will impact his twin brother's social/sex life...

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

  8. #8
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,286
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Nothing but respect for the first pro athlete to come out while still playing! Thankfullly we are living in a world where the only determination of success in any field is/should be merit. Whether by race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual preference or any other real/perceived difference, there no reason why we all shouldn't be free to live life as who we are and pursue our dreams on equal footing. I'm curious to see if this announcement begins a domino effect, to break down a predjudicial barrier in professional sports...

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,558
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Mad respect for him. Takes a lot of balls to come out while still playing.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He doesn't have a contract after this season.

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm of mixed emotion on this one...

    on one hand, i wanna say good for him.

    on the other hand, i wanna say.... nothing... i don't care... i don't see what the big deal is... he's gay... whoopdeedoo

    either way, im somewhat pleased that i'm torn between thinking it's a good thing, and thinking being gay is no big deal.... and not a single part of me thinks "ew, a gay"

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,341
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Not sure how to embed videos on mobile but here's a link to Chris Broussard being an asshole about it.
    http://youtu.be/G4PTUPXdfE0

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,061
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    Not sure how to embed videos on mobile but here's a link to Chris Broussard being an asshole about it.
    Got your back!
    Its done by [VID*EO] .... [/VID*EO] (without the stars!)


    And what a fucking asshole. (sorry for the vulgarity)
    Its a sin. He aint a real christian. Pre-marital sex... Right, because NBA players are naturally matrimonial..
    Grow UP. You are on the WRONG side of history here.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  14. #14
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,286
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Got your back!
    Its done by [VID*EO] .... [/VID*EO] (without the stars!)


    And what a fucking asshole. (sorry for the vulgarity)
    Its a sin. He aint a real christian. Pre-marital sex... Right, because NBA players are naturally matrimonial..
    Grow UP. You are on the WRONG side of history here.
    Ironic coming from a guy who's always tweeting about color/race stuff as though it was still the 1960s and Jackie Robinson had just shattered the color barrier... I've always thought Broussard was a pompous ass, but now I hope ESPN fires his ass!

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lietuva
    Posts
    1,364
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Got your back!
    Its done by [VID*EO] .... [/VID*EO] (without the stars!)
    another bible fag, I literally hate that type of people.
    #FREE

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic Rookie Garbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    149
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    another bible fag, I literally hate that type of people.
    I just watched the video clip, and I have to say that there is WAY more hatred coming from this page than there was from that clip. What a joke!
    The questions were revolving around Brassard's faith. If you can watch that video and tell me that he's in any way a bigot or a jerk, than you should truly check yourself in the mirror. He said it himself, in his worldview that lifestyle is wrong (and he went on to say that hetero sex outside of marriage and drunkenness are all wrong too) but it doesn't change anything on the court. He and Collins were able to get along just fine.. Without agreeing on everything! .. Almost like tolerance (which there is none of in a bunch of these anti Christian posts)
    It's like asking a vegetarian if they're uncomfortable playing with people who eat meat.
    "No, we talked about it, and I know where he stands and he knows where I stand. This is real tolerance; that we can disagree but still coexist." The commentator than asks, "Can't someone eat meat everyday and still be a vegetarian?" And he responds, "No, if you eat meat everyday than you surely aren't a vegetarian. That goes against the rules of being a vegetarian."

    I would even go on to say that it took more courage to do what Broussard did, than it did to do what Collins did. Of course Collins is being applauded! Pro sports has been waiting for this person to rise up for years. Broussard knew that he would have his beliefs ripped on by everyone, and he likely knew it might cost him his job, but he had to answer the question truthfully. Sometimes in our knee jerk reactions we swing the pendulum entirely the other way, but then you've just created ignorance and intolerance of another group. Let's just grow up. If Broussard had of insulted Collins I'd be right on board with you. The fact is, he didn't. He shouldn't lose his job for this. That would be some real intolerance.

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic All-Star Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,095
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Garbo wrote: View Post
    I just watched the video clip, and I have to say that there is WAY more hatred coming from this page than there was from that clip. What a joke!
    The questions were revolving around Brassard's faith. If you can watch that video and tell me that he's in any way a bigot or a jerk, than you should truly check yourself in the mirror. He said it himself, in his worldview that lifestyle is wrong (and he went on to say that hetero sex outside of marriage and drunkenness are all wrong too) but it doesn't change anything on the court. He and Collins were able to get along just fine.. Without agreeing on everything! .. Almost like tolerance (which there is none of in a bunch of these anti Christian posts)
    It's like asking a vegetarian if they're uncomfortable playing with people who eat meat.
    "No, we talked about it, and I know where he stands and he knows where I stand. This is real tolerance; that we can disagree but still coexist." The commentator than asks, "Can't someone eat meat everyday and still be a vegetarian?" And he responds, "No, if you eat meat everyday than you surely aren't a vegetarian. That goes against the rules of being a vegetarian."

    I would even go on to say that it took more courage to do what Broussard did, than it did to do what Collins did. Of course Collins is being applauded! Pro sports has been waiting for this person to rise up for years. Broussard knew that he would have his beliefs ripped on by everyone, and he likely knew it might cost him his job, but he had to answer the question truthfully. Sometimes in our knee jerk reactions we swing the pendulum entirely the other way, but then you've just created ignorance and intolerance of another group. Let's just grow up. If Broussard had of insulted Collins I'd be right on board with you. The fact is, he didn't. He shouldn't lose his job for this. That would be some real intolerance.
    This is true, every opinion should be respected. Although I'm not surprised at some of the backlash considering he didn't hold it back and did it on television lol

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,315
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Got your back!
    Its done by [VID*EO] .... [/VID*EO] (without the stars!)


    And what a fucking asshole. (sorry for the vulgarity)
    Its a sin. He aint a real christian. Pre-marital sex... Right, because NBA players are naturally matrimonial..
    Grow UP. You are on the WRONG side of history here.
    yep, dude's an extremist, and probably doesn't realize it. Ha, what a turd.

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,558
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    Not sure how to embed videos on mobile but here's a link to Chris Broussard being an asshole about it.
    http://youtu.be/G4PTUPXdfE0
    Wow, this is a complete and utter joke. I didn't have any respect for Chris Broussard before this, and now there's zero chance he's EVER getting it from me. Some people man...
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  20. #20
    Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,341
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Side note, the interviewer was also gay and he went off on Chris Broussard after. It was pretty awesome.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •