Jason Collins comes out as a homosexual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Collins comes out as a homosexual

He became the first NBA player to say it when he said "I'm a 34 year old center, I'm black and I'm gay." What are your thoughts on this. I think it cool that he had the balls to say it. There have probably been others(see any Chris bosh photo) who have been too afraid.

You beat me to it lol. I was surprised to hear this

Comment

hmm, maybe this is why he isn't a very good defender

Comment

As I said via Twitter, the world is a better place today after Jason Collins' announcement. Or at least I hope it will be to bring awareness. It will be interesting to see how many more follow suit. Its a great day.

Comment

Ground breaking, Life changing, etc.

Wow. Good for him. And its exactly as Doc said, The world is a better place because of this.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
            He became the first NBA player to say it when he said "I'm a 34 year old center, I'm black and I'm gay." What are your thoughts on this. I think it cool that he had the balls to say it. There have probably been others(see any Chris bosh photo) who have been too afraid.
            hahahahahahahaha

Hopefully only a good thing. Far too much homophobia in the world in general, and even more disproportionately so in men's sports.

On a sidenote, I wonder if this will impact his twin brother's social/sex life...

Comment

The story behind Jason Collins' story: The interview

Comment

Nothing but respect for the first pro athlete to come out while still playing! Thankfullly we are living in a world where the only determination of success in any field is/should be merit. Whether by race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual preference or any other real/perceived difference, there no reason why we all shouldn't be free to live life as who we are and pursue our dreams on equal footing. I'm curious to see if this announcement begins a domino effect, to break down a predjudicial barrier in professional sports...

Comment

Mad respect for him. Takes a lot of balls to come out while still playing.
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

He doesn't have a contract after this season.

Comment

I'm of mixed emotion on this one...

on one hand, i wanna say good for him.

on the other hand, i wanna say.... nothing... i don't care... i don't see what the big deal is... he's gay... whoopdeedoo

either way, im somewhat pleased that i'm torn between thinking it's a good thing, and thinking being gay is no big deal.... and not a single part of me thinks "ew, a gay"

Comment

Not sure how to embed videos on mobile but here's a link to Chris Broussard being an asshole about it.
                        http://youtu.be/G4PTUPXdfE0

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                          Not sure how to embed videos on mobile but here's a link to Chris Broussard being an asshole about it.
                          Got your back!
                          Its done by [VID*EO] .... [/VID*EO] (without the stars!)

And what a fucking asshole. (sorry for the vulgarity)
                          Its a sin. He aint a real christian. Pre-marital sex... Right, because NBA players are naturally matrimonial..
                          Grow UP. You are on the WRONG side of history here.
                          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                            Got your back!

And what a fucking asshole. (sorry for the vulgarity)
                            Its a sin. He aint a real christian. Pre-marital sex... Right, because NBA players are naturally matrimonial..
                            Grow UP. You are on the WRONG side of history here.
                            Ironic coming from a guy who's always tweeting about color/race stuff as though it was still the 1960s and Jackie Robinson had just shattered the color barrier... I've always thought Broussard was a pompous ass, but now I hope ESPN fires his ass!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                              Got your back!
                              another bible fag, I literally hate that type of people.
                              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Working...
                              X