No announcement yet.

Jason Collins comes out as a homosexual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A rather incomplete summary from you, I think.

Direct quote from Carolyn Moos: "It's very emotional for me as a woman to have invested [eight] years in my dream to have a husband, soul mate, and best friend in him. So this is all hard to understand."

link

Comment

Ya your direct quote is incomplete too.. its a couple seconds of a much bigger interview. She had already more too say. . And came off as supportive of collins despite the interviewer asking leading questions

Comment

The Carolyn moos interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri5t...e_gdata_player

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
          Got your back!
          Its done by [VID*EO] .... [/VID*EO] (without the stars!)

And what a fucking asshole. (sorry for the vulgarity)
          Its a sin. He aint a real christian. Pre-marital sex... Right, because NBA players are naturally matrimonial..
          Grow UP. You are on the WRONG side of history here.
          yep, dude's an extremist, and probably doesn't realize it. Ha, what a turd.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
            Ya your direct quote is incomplete too.. its a couple seconds of a much bigger interview. She had already more too say. . And came off as supportive of collins despite the interviewer asking leading questions
            I am well aware my quote is incomplete. I never claimed that's all she said. I was simply presenting the other side of the coin in addition to what you said. Right off the top of the interview, she said she has mixed emotions. You can be supportive and still very hurt and neither side should be ignored.

EDIT: She came off great in the interview and I'm glad for her that she's been able to forgive him and support him and, ostensibly, try hard to move on with her life. Much kudos to her.
            Last edited by TRX; Thu May 2, 2013, 04:10 PM.

Comment

TRX wrote: View Post
              I am well aware my quote is incomplete. I never claimed that's all she said. I was simply presenting the other side of the coin in addition to what you said. Right off the top of the interview, she said she has mixed emotions. You can be supportive and still very hurt and neither side should be ignored.

EDIT: She came off great in the interview and I'm glad for her that she's been able to forgive him and support him and, ostensibly, try hard to move on with her life. Much kudos to her.
              who wouldn't have mixed emotions though? if somebody i had no relationship with, just a buddy, who i'd known for 7-8 years, came and told me that he was gay... i would have mixed emotions too... quickly followed up with "meh... who cares. wanna grab a beer? no ass-grabbery, dude."

i agree... she came off really great.. despite morgan clearly fishing for her to drop a line or two he could use as a headline

Comment

Vykis wrote: View Post
                Plus 41%FG that season, dude sucks both figuratively and literally
                haha

Comment

Its cool that he came out and is true to himself and all that, it definitely took cajones.

I wonder how the rest of the dudes are gonna play D, against a guy who wants the D. If hes still in the league guaranteed dudes are gonna think twice against boxing him out, his stats might spike up.

NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                    Its cool that he came out and is true to himself and all that, it definitely took cajones.

I wonder how the rest of the dudes are gonna play D, against a guy who wants the D. If hes still in the league guaranteed dudes are gonna think twice against boxing him out, his stats might spike up.

Being Gay does not mean being a pervert.
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

the only prerequisite to being a pervert is having a functioning human body.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        What people (like Broussard) fail to realize is that we all have a right to an opinion....but we don't have the right to have our opinions respected.

If he wants to start spouting BS written thousands of years ago before anyone had the slightest idea how the universe operates, that's fine. Just be prepared to defend your stance.
                        Here's the problem with religious proscriptions against homosexuality. They make the assumption that a persons choice of sexual orientation is simply that, "a choice." Last I heard people who are attracted to those of the same gender are genetically constructed that way due to a mutation in a gene. Just like those with blue eye are that way because of genetic structure, and dark skin is because of genetic structure.

You can condemn a person for murder, for rape, for stealing, for being profane, for many things, but not race, eye colour or sexual orientation (homosexual vs heterosexual) because in these later cases, there is no choice.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                          Here's the problem with religious proscriptions against homosexuality. They make the assumption that a persons choice of sexual orientation is simply that, "a choice." Last I heard people who are attracted to those of the same gender are genetically constructed that way due to a mutation in a gene. Just like those with blue eye are that way because of genetic structure, and dark skin is because of genetic structure.

You can condemn a person for murder, for rape, for stealing, for being profane, for many things, but not race, eye colour or sexual orientation (homosexual vs heterosexual) because in these later cases, there is no choice.
                          Last I heard it's not in the genes, but depends on environmental factors (biological ones, like hormones in the womb - not because he played with pink dolls) which influence the way genes express themselves. There is no gay gene (as some once thought).

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                            Last I heard it's not in the genes, but depends on environmental factors (biological ones, like hormones in the womb - not because he played with pink dolls) which influence the way genes express themselves. There is no gay gene (as some once thought).
                            Yeah nothing has been proven yet. I actually did some research on this a couple of months ago.

Personal 'choice' is most definitely a factor, along with the 'nurture' factor you mentioned

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
                              Yeah nothing has been proven yet. I actually did some research on this a couple of months ago.

Personal 'choice' is most definitely a factor, along with the 'nurture' factor you mentioned
                              What I mentioned isn't nurture in the traditional sense. The nature/nurture debate is kinda out of the window nowadays, as environmental factors (and I use that term broadly, indicating biological factors as well as social -) influence our biological make-up.

I don't think that personal choice is a factor mentioned in any recent decent research, but maybe you can point me to some?

Comment

nurture/nature debate is so last century.

It seems quite obvious a perfect storm of all factors play apart in who we are.
                                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                                X