Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR Fantasy Hoops Keeper League - Season 4

G'day Keeper League Owners/Managers!

Figured now would be as good a time as any to start next seasons Thread for the Keeper League!
    Season 4 already, can you believe it?

Would like to start out by saying Thank You to Apollo for his dedication to the Leagues in Years past.
    His presence will be missed. However, we couldn't be happier to welcome Tucas to the League as Apollo's official Incumbent owner/manager. Welcome Tucas!

Just as a reminder, (or quick run-down for Tucas) I'm posting all of the Rules again, so they are fresh and easy to find:
    • Each returning team can use a keeper tag on as many players as they want as long as they fit within the Draft Cap ($30 Cap hit for Regular Keeper). Each player is limited to MAXIMUM TWO Keeper Tags before they must either be Franchise Tagged, Traded, or Released to the Draft Pool.

• Those returning members will have up to a week prior to the draft to name their keepers. (This is a soft Deadline. It can/will be revised accordingly.)

• Each team can franchise keeper tag only ONE player ($50 Cap hit for Franchise Keeper). The franchise keeper tag allows you to keep a player for an unlimited amount of time - The catch here is to use the franchise tag again in the future on a different player you must either trade your current franchise player, drop the player or relinquish your rights to the player during the off-season.

• You can choose to not use a keeper tag or a franchise keeper tag. A player who has been keeper tagged can be franchise tagged later provided you don't have a franchise keeper on roster.

The Draft Rules
    • Live Auction
    • $200(fantasy dollars) draft salary cap
    • $30 deduction in draft salary cap for each keeper tagged player
    • $50 deduction in draft salary cap for franchise keeper tagged player

Season 3 Final Standing:
    (The inverse of these standings is the Official Nomination Order for Draft Day)

1st joey_hesketh
    2nd Soft Euro
    3rd RaptorsFan4Life
    4th Matt52
    5th SKYWALKER
    6th drizz
    7th WJF
    8th Mack North

------------------
    9th Apollo
    10th Raptor4Ever
    11th jbml
    12th Mangokid
    I'd recommend everyone start putting some thought into your Keepers now, so you are not leaving to the last minute. Feel free to announce any keepers now, which you can modify down the road if you decide.
    I'll be keeping track of everyone's keepers here:

-------------------------------
    joey_hesketh Keepers - Kevin Durant($30), Chris Paul($30), Paul George($30), Al Horford($30)
    Pakdawgie Keepers - Lebron James($30), Kevin Love($30), Larry Sanders($30), Russell Westbrook($30), Joakim Noah($30)
    Raptorsss Keepers -
    Matt52 Keepers - Josh Smith ($30)
    SKYWALKER Keepers - James Harden ($30), Marc Gasol ($30)
    drizz Keepers - Paul Millsap ($30), Kyrie Irving ($30), Serge Ibaka ($30)
    BALLSWIN Keepers - Stephen Curry ($30), Al Jefferson ($30), Nic Batum ($30), John Wall ($30), Nikola Vucevic ($30), Brook Lopez ($30)
    Mack North Keepers - Jonas Valanciunas($30), Dwyane Wade($50), DeMarcus Cousins ($30)
    Tucas Keepers - Dwight Howard($50), Kobe Bryant($30), Anthony Davis($30)
    Keeping it Real Keepers- Ricky Rubio ($30), Kenneth Faried ($30)
    jbml Keepers - Rajon Rondo($30), Greg Monroe($30), Ty Lawson ($30), Derrick Rose($30), Demar Derozan($30)
    Mangokid Keepers -

OFFICIAL WAITING LIST
    1. Arsenalist
    Last edited by Joey; Fri Jan 10, 2014, 11:38 PM.

Tucas wrote:
    skywalker wrote:
    I agree with you. New owner inherits old contracts. Which means Dwight and Lamarcus would cost $50 to keep, but there are other interesting potential $30 keeper options on that team like Bryant and maybe even Kyle Lowry, Kemba Walker and Anthony Davis.
    Would someone be able to explain this to me?
    Have a look up top Tucas. Should clear everything up for you. Can PM if you've got any questions.

Comment

Do we have a deadline to announce keepers?

I would be thinking a week or two before we draft?

Oh right, the draft!

I would humbly request as close to opening season tip off as possible. I think we did Canadian Thanksgiving last year and a) created issues with family, and b) was too early in my opinion.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Do we have a deadline to announce keepers?

I would be thinking a week or two before we draft?
        Ya, I've got 1 week before the Draft listed above, which I think is more than fair.
        Will give people plenty of time to think about theirs.

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        I would humbly request as close to opening season tip off as possible. I think we did Canadian Thanksgiving last year and a) created issues with family, and b) was too early in my opinion.
        Completely agree with all of the above. Will absolutely look have it as close to 'Week 1' as we can.
        I will be looking to set the draft date SOON, so as to initiate the conversation and make sure everyone can attend.

Comment

Just wondering if there are any others teams that are need of owners besides the team formerly owned by Apollo?

Beyond that are we interested in the idea of extending the invitation to new teams and expanding from a 12 team league to maybe a 14 team league?

Comment

skywalker wrote: View Post
            Just wondering if there are any others teams that are need of owners besides the team formerly owned by Apollo?
            Why do you ask? You know someone who wants in?

skywalker wrote:
            Beyond that are we interested in the idea of extending the invitation to new teams and expanding from a 12 team league to maybe a 14 team league?
            Absolutely no chance. But maybe thats just me.
            Last edited by Joey; Tue Apr 30, 2013, 10:27 AM.

Comment

I just went back and looked at my roster....I have so many potential keepers, I thought I was just going to name 2 or 3 guys and forget about it till October....not going to happen.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                I just went back and looked at my roster....I have so many potential keepers, I thought I was just going to name 2 or 3 guys and forget about it till October....not going to happen.
                Ya, you definitely some tough choices to make. With guys like Steph Curry and Al Jefferson (even Brook Lopez) being obvious keepers, you'll have to decide if John Wall and Vucevic are worth the $30 hit as well.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  Ya, you definitely some tough choices to make. With guys like Steph Curry and Al Jefferson (even Brook Lopez) being obvious keepers, you'll have to decide if John Wall and Vucevic are worth the $30 hit as well.
                  Big Al could be in for a new team next season, what will his role be, Wall could continue to make strides in shooting percentages, Vucevic puts up 12 rebounds a game??????
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

My prelim Keepers are:

Big JV $30
                    DWade $50 Franchise Tag

Now, I forget how the franchise tag works exactly, and my apologies for being lazy, but would DWade be mine for only the upcoming season? Or would I get him for any seasons after that?

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                      My prelim Keepers are:

Big JV $30
                      DWade $50 Franchise Tag

Now, I forget how the franchise tag works exactly, and my apologies for being lazy, but would DWade be mine for only the upcoming season? Or would I get him for any seasons after that?
                      You can keep DWade as long as you want. Just have to pay for him.

• Each team can franchise keeper tag only ONE player ($50 Cap hit for Franchise Keeper). The franchise keeper tag allows you to keep a player for an unlimited amount of time - The catch here is to use the franchise tag again in the future on a different player you must either trade your current franchise player, drop the player or relinquish your rights to the player during the off-season.

Comment

For the time being I'm declaring my keepers as James Harden, and Marc Gasol.

Comment

skywalker wrote: View Post
                          For the time being I'm declaring my keepers as James Harden, and Marc Gasol.
                          Thanks Skywalker. They've been added to the list.

Comment

I am looking ot give up my spot in the keeper league, I am staying in Dynasty for sure, but if there is someone wanting in on Keeper,they can have my team. John Wall, Steph Curry, Brooke Lopez, Al Jefferson....
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Thanks for the heads up WJF. Will put the word out.

But to be fair, unless we get more help for Dynasty, I'm not sure its realistic to keep it going.

Comment

Working...
                              X