View Poll Results: Who do you think will be next GM of the Toronto Raptors?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Phil Jackson

2 4.55%
  • Masai Ujiri

23 52.27%
  • Kevin Pritchard

6 13.64%
  • Troy Weaver

6 13.64%
  • David Morway

1 2.27%
  • Ed Stefanski

5 11.36%
  • Other (please name names)

1 2.27%
Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Masai Ujiri Hired As Raptors GM (post #780)

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be happy with Phil taking a Riley role with this franchise. He is well connected and very knowledgable. I would assume that he'd immediately hire Brian Shaw and institute the Triangle on offence, which would necessarily be a bad thing. With Lowry's game being more of a scorer than distributer, we could run the triangle with him, Gay and JV/Amir.

He would bring more respectability to the franchise and might even be able to land us a free agent in the near future. Something no other GM has been able to do

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    The difference is Colangelo led the Nash chase while Tim Leiweke leads the Jackson chase.
    At this point I'm too pesimistic that anyone can lift this curse that seems to be over the team. If Leiweke manages to get us out of this hole, and I'm not talking by just getting Phil, but if he's actually able to change the fortunes of this team I may have to dedicate a small portion of my home to create an altar where I can worship him.

I will call this new religion Leiwekism.

3. Like footarez, Letter N liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't MJ generally known as being a jackass? Why would anyone want to work with him?

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    At this point I'm too pesimistic that anyone can lift this curse that seems to be over the team. If Leiweke manages to get us out of this hole, and I'm not talking by just getting Phil, but if he's actually able to change the fortunes of this team I may have to dedicate a small portion of my home to create an altar where I can worship him.

I will call this new religion Leiwekism.
    What are you talking about? Being poorly run isn't a curse. It's bad management. I don't know what curse you are referring to...

6. Like hotfuzz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote phez wrote: View Post
    Isn't MJ generally known as being a jackass? Why would anyone want to work with him?
    They wouldn't. When you're pretty much the consensus GOAT, and you still have a chip on your shoulder, and feel like people don't respect you or recognize how great you are...well then people will actually start to lose respect for you. Grow up MJ. This is ownership, and your ego can't build a team.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    What are you talking about? Being poorly run isn't a curse. It's bad management. I don't know what curse you are referring to...
    We've been around since '95 and have a single playoff series win in that time. As a fan I see that as being cursed. If you don't see it that way and feel that we've been "poorly run" for that duration then that's your prerogative.

Post Thanks / Like

We've been around since '95 and have a single playoff series win in that time. As a fan I see that as being cursed. If you don't see it that way and feel that we've been "poorly run" for that duration then that's your prerogative.
    Well, we've arguably never had a fully competent front office. Grunwald did ok, but it was a rush job to try and put some kind of playoff team around Carter.

The team has also never had ownership that actually cared about winning. So yeah, I would say how the organization was run was the biggest problem. They only cared about money, which hasn't really been a problem since the Carter era. When ownership doesn't care about team success, the team will never experience a high level of success.

Post Thanks / Like

You seriously believe the team is cursed? Really? Is this 1692?

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What would this curse be based on? There's no Babe-Ruth trade here. Unless you count our existence as the sole justification for a curse, in which case your extreme pessemism might need professional help.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Curses are viable to some interesting story unrelated to the Raptors.... 18 years of straight loses is a long time really will make a person believe in that kind of thing lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_of_the_Colonel

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Marz wrote: View Post
    Why does everyone want the Zen Master so bad? He's a coach, and he's never been anything more.
    Inspite of the fact that some discussion has already taken place in response to this post I'd like to say that in most cases this is and should be absolutely true BUT P Jackson is an exception. I agree that there's an obsession with this idea due to Phil being a legendary Coach but if a shrewd, reputed and successful Executive like Tim L'ke is pursuing him, it can't be due to an obsession. Yes there's no proof that L'ke is pursuing him but it's hard to believe that he's not.

The ideal management team in my opinion should be Jackson, Colangelo and Stephanski. This shouldn't be difficult as the later two are already in place. This way Colangelo would get a fair last chance and with Jackson's input, there should be some meaningful tweaks and maybe even major trades. If things don't work, Colangelo and Stephanski could be removed and Jackson can take over. The experience would serve as a nice induction and transition for Jackson.

Just my opinion.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Phil Jackson as the president, he will flip DeRozan into Kobe, book it.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
    Inspite of the fact that some discussion has already taken place in response to this post I'd like to say that in most cases this is and should be absolutely true BUT P Jackson is an exception. I agree that there's an obsession with this idea due to Phil being a legendary Coach but if a shrewd, reputed and successful Executive like Tim L'ke is pursuing him, it can't be due to an obsession. Yes there's no proof that L'ke is pursuing him but it's hard to believe that he's not.

The ideal management team in my opinion should be Jackson, Colangelo and Stephanski. This shouldn't be difficult as the later two are already in place. This way Colangelo would get a fair last chance and with Jackson's input, there should be some meaningful tweaks and maybe even major trades. If things don't work, Colangelo and Stephanski could be removed and Jackson can take over. The experience would serve as a nice induction and transition for Jackson.

Just my opinion.
    I totally agree with the above statement. I am not sure why people are getting so carried away. And why everyone wants Colangelo gone. I think we would just be adding Phil to the picture without anyone being removed. Colangelo is just as well connected as L'ke. So guys you need to take a step back and look at the above, that is the ideal picture. Not addition by subtraction.

And there is no guarantee that Phil is coming here, so don't get all ramped up to get shot down. Keep things in perspective.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    Phil Jackson as the president, he will flip DeRozan into Kobe, book it.
    totally

17. Like ReubenJRD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Goodness gracious. I'm still in denial the fact that PJ isn't coming over for coaching..

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Sig wrote: View Post
    is this real?

Post Thanks / Like

So NBA.com has a posting on this really picking up steam over night (they dont report rumors)

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/0...s=iref:nbahpts

the comments is all LA fans saying no way no way Phil should run LA or coach LA again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    is this real?
    He got surgery so he could have 12 digits (2 donated from Jon Stockton) for his 11 Rings

23. Like CalgaryRapsFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    is this real?
    Yes

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread Information