Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vancouver 2010 Olympic Watch Thread-Canada Wins first Gold on Canadian Soil!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Mike Robertson wins Silver in the snowboard cross! Well done!

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
    Mike Robertson wins Silver in the snowboard cross! Well done!
    That was awesome, but man its too bad he couldn't of held his lead on Wescott. That would of been awesome because no one projected Robertson to make the final.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Another GOLD! Maelle Ricker took it home in the Ladies' Snowboard Cross. I didn't get to see much of the Torino games and I don't remember this event at all, but damn, what an exciting sport!
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    Another GOLD! Maelle Ricker took it home in the Ladies' Snowboard Cross. I didn't get to see much of the Torino games and I don't remember this event at all, but damn, what an exciting sport!
    Yup. Snowboard cross is pretty exciting. Canada now stands 5th in the medal count with two gold, two silver and one bronze. Maelle Ricker was awesome! Gold baby gold!

Post Thanks / Like

Fuck ya, shit ya , hell ya .... anyone else pumped for the big game tonight?

The Americans are already flappin' their gums today with their talk about how much they hate the Canadians.

Do American players dislike the Canadians?

"Absolutely," said defenseman Jack Johnson of the Los Angeles Kings, who offered to fly out his three Team USA teammates to see his appearance in Opening Ceremonies but didn't extend the same courtesy to Team Canada's Drew Doughty of the Kings.

"It was a small plane. There was only room for a few," said Johnson, who hasn't spoken to Doughty in Vancouver.
    "I hate them," said Ryan Kesler, U.S. center and a player for the Vancouver Canucks. "It's a big rivalry. I wouldn't say I hate them; you have respect for the other team, Canadians expect to win the gold and anything less is not good enough. It's going to be fun to try and knock them off."

Fun, but emotionally draining. Think about what's on the line when the teams meet: Medal round seeding and a bye; bragging rights between teammates, players, fans and families; defending home ice or seeking to embarrass the home team on it; avenging old losses, settling old scores and, for the Americans, seeking a level of respect in the eyes of the hockey world that only a win against the Canadians can provide.

They're fueled by that underdog desire for validation. If there's hatred in either locker room, as Kesler indicated, it's in the U.S. room.

"It's a big word. I don't hate people," said Team Canada goalie Martin Brodeur with a chuckle. "I think it's hockey. They're going to want to take something away from us, and we have to have that attitude to be ready for it and match what they're going to bring and then surpass it.

"If we know that they're hating us, we need to hate back, I guess."
    Source - Click here

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be honest I'm not a fan of hockey at all-don't dislike it-just couldn't care less. But this game has piqued my interest. What with it being played during the Olympics on our soil and all the trash the Americans are saying about "hating" us. I'm definitely gonna watch this game. I love any opportunity to watch the Canadian teams stick it to the Americant's!

Fuck 'em!!

I'm pulling out my red ass Canadian toque and putting back a few cold Canadians during tonights game! We got this one.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. Canada sucks. BOOOOOOOO Sad loss tonight. Put loungo in
    Last name ever, first name greatest

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still bleeding and hurt from last night. Ryan Miller showed why he's not only the best goalie in the NHL right now, but probably the best in the world too. WOW ... simply amazing. Kudos to him.

Post Thanks / Like

^^^

Yep I know. He is doing really good for my fantasy hockey team as well

Post Thanks / Like

Canada beats Russia and Canada grabs the Gold and Silver in Womens Bobsliegh. Good day today

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Gurk wrote: View Post
    Canada beats Russia and Canada grabs the Gold and Silver in Womens Bobsliegh. Good day today

Don't forget about Clara Hughes and her bronze and the women short track relay with the silver. Great day from Canada. Great day from the ladies in general.

Fanastic hockey game last night too. Not in a million years did I think we'd blow the Ruskies out the water like we did. Mike Richards deserves to the the MVP from yesterday because he did an outstanding job shutting down Ovechkin. Tomorrow night's going to be a great game against Slovakia.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    Don't forget about Clara Hughes and her bronze and the women short track relay with the silver. Great day from Canada. Great day from the ladies in general.
    Hey don't short change the Ladies' who won the 3000m Short Track Relay last night!

It was Lucky (Day) 13!

I want that rematch with The States in Men's Hockey. We'll take that just as the Ladies' will tonight.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    Hey don't short change the Ladies' who won the 3000m Short Track Relay last night!
    Read my post again Mack. I did mention the short track ladies.

And yes, I'm praying for a rematch in the men's hockey with the States. Tonight's ladies games will be a nice warm-up.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol, read too fast I guess. Ladies Hockey bout to take it home, up 2-0 11 mins left!
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Post Thanks / Like

Yep nice win tonight from the Women's hockey. Were climbing p the standings. WATCH OUT NORWAY!!

Post Thanks / Like

Canada is now in a 3 way tie for first in terms of gold medals!

The US and Germany are the other two. We are 4th overall in the medal standings. 8 gold, 6 silver, 2 bronze.

Post Thanks / Like

Nuts eh? And how many 4th places have we had so far too? Those 4th's could of easily been bronze medals.

Ah well, great performance from the Canadian women's hockey team tonight too. I love watching and listening to everyone in an arena singing the national anthem. Make you proud to be Canadian.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah that was a dissapointing loss in the Aerials

Post Thanks / Like

Man Canada has been on a tear the last couple days. We are now in the lead for most gold medals with 12!!!! Just Amazing! We are third overall with 24 medals and can possibly catch up to Germany by the end of the weekend who has 29.

Go Canada!

Post Thanks / Like

25 now. 3rd overall. Good job. We are also gaurenteed one more so we have 26 essentiall

Thread Information