Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vancouver 2010 Olympic Watch Thread-Canada Wins first Gold on Canadian Soil!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vancouver 2010 Olympic Watch Thread-Canada Wins first Gold on Canadian Soil!!!

Alexandre Bilodeau wins gold for Canada!

Canada's Olympic gold medal drought at home is finally over.

Freestyle skier Alexandre Bilodeau has won the men's moguls at the Vancouver Olympics.

The 22-year-old from Rosemere, Que., wrote himself into the history books by overtaking defending champion Dale Begg-Smith — a Canadian-born skier who now competes for Australia.

It's the first time Canada has won a gold medal at its own Games.
    http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/olympics/...ress&type=lgns

Man I got chills watching him take the gold medal!

I'm feelin' damn proud to be Canadian right now!Go Canada!

That was amazing .... I'll admit and I'm not ashamed to say this either, but the win brought a tear to my eye. Seeing the reaction on his disabled brother's face was priceless. Alex seems so humble too. Couldn't of happened to a nicer guy in my opinion.

I couldn't get over how bitter Dale Begg-Smith was for coming in second. Can you say "poor sport"?

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
      That was amazing .... I'll admit and I'm not ashamed to say this either, but the win brought a tear to my eye. Seeing the reaction on his disabled brother's face was priceless. Alex seems so humble too. Couldn't of happened to a nicer guy in my opinion.

I couldn't get over how bitter Dale Begg-Smith was for coming in second. Can you say "poor sport"?
      Haha...your not alone brother...having several brewskis in me might've had something to do with me getting teary eyed at the sight of the win. What a moment, yeah seeing his brother celebrating was nice man.

I can't imagine how disappointing it must be to work so hard and not reach your goal of gold medal. But still Begg-Smith could have at least pretended to put on a fake smile.

Comment

Im sorry I didn't see (Can't miss the ASG) this but I'm happy for the guy and for Canada for finally winning on gold here in Canada. But no offence I really dont care about any event in the Winter Olympics EXCEPT the Men's Hockey. But thats just me

Comment

As an Australian, all I can say is Damn you Canadians, you'll win heaps more, give the gold to other, less talented countries, although I suppose Dale Begg-Smith is actually Canadian.

C'mon Torah Bright, basically our only hope now

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post

Actually, he never smiles or shows much emotion of any kind, just who he is

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
              Alexandre Bilodeau wins gold for Canada!

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/olympics/...ress&type=lgns

Man I got chills watching him take the gold medal!

I'm feelin' damn proud to be Canadian right now!Go Canada!
              I think Bilodeau would have preferred to have won it on French soil in Quebec
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

cornbreadd wrote: View Post
                My bad then. He just looked overly bitter last night.

Comment

cornbreadd wrote: View Post
                  He could've shown a little bit of emotion at least, it was the place he grew up in. At least for the two competitors beside him, jeez. I think the American deserved second anyways, no offense, he had a better run.

Comment

I'm actually looking forward to watching the Men's Downhill today. (finally) I'm praying that Bilodeau's win last night is an infection and that we'll see others following suit starting today.

Comment

Just a note on the Opening Ceremonies, did anyone else notice all the good looking female athletes the Americans had? Lindsey Vonn being the most notable. The Canadian women aren't too bad either!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ey-vonn_1.html

Comment

Maybe its just me, but I don't think she's all that good looking. Not to mention I can't stand the Olympic American overkill regarding Vonn. I know it isn't very sportsman of me to say this, but I really do hope she chokes because I don't want to see another repeat ala Michael Phelps.

As for some of the other female athletes, I've seen alot in only a few days. One of the female Japanese mogul girls was very cute. Melissa Hollingsworth the skeleton luger is pretty smokin' too.

During the opening ceremonies, the one team that stood out to me where the ladies from the Norwegian team. WOW.

Comment

I noticed that Japanese mogulist as well, "Vey Nice, I like... How Much?"
                          Vonn isn't the most smoking hot but still pretty good looking. It's just nice to see pretty girls any time, especially if they're athletes! I'll be on the lookout for those Norwegians...

Comment

Canada's medal count stands at three. One Gold, one Silver, and one Bronze.

http://www.vancouver2010.com/

Comment

And more to come today Forty!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the snowboard cross is making its debut today where we have medal hopefuls on both the men's and women's teams.

Comment

Working...
                              X