Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vancouver 2010 Olympic Watch Thread-Canada Wins first Gold on Canadian Soil!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gurk wrote: View Post
    Canada beats Russia and Canada grabs the Gold and Silver in Womens Bobsliegh. Good day today

Don't forget about Clara Hughes and her bronze and the women short track relay with the silver. Great day from Canada. Great day from the ladies in general.

Fanastic hockey game last night too. Not in a million years did I think we'd blow the Ruskies out the water like we did. Mike Richards deserves to the the MVP from yesterday because he did an outstanding job shutting down Ovechkin. Tomorrow night's going to be a great game against Slovakia.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
      Don't forget about Clara Hughes and her bronze and the women short track relay with the silver. Great day from Canada. Great day from the ladies in general.
      Hey don't short change the Ladies' who won the 3000m Short Track Relay last night!

It was Lucky (Day) 13!

I want that rematch with The States in Men's Hockey. We'll take that just as the Ladies' will tonight.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
        Hey don't short change the Ladies' who won the 3000m Short Track Relay last night!
        Read my post again Mack. I did mention the short track ladies.

And yes, I'm praying for a rematch in the men's hockey with the States. Tonight's ladies games will be a nice warm-up.

Comment

Lol, read too fast I guess. Ladies Hockey bout to take it home, up 2-0 11 mins left!

Comment

Yep nice win tonight from the Women's hockey. Were climbing p the standings. WATCH OUT NORWAY!!
            Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

Canada is now in a 3 way tie for first in terms of gold medals!

The US and Germany are the other two. We are 4th overall in the medal standings. 8 gold, 6 silver, 2 bronze.

Comment

Nuts eh? And how many 4th places have we had so far too? Those 4th's could of easily been bronze medals.

Ah well, great performance from the Canadian women's hockey team tonight too. I love watching and listening to everyone in an arena singing the national anthem. Make you proud to be Canadian.

Comment

Ah that was a dissapointing loss in the Aerials

Comment

Man Canada has been on a tear the last couple days. We are now in the lead for most gold medals with 12!!!! Just Amazing! We are third overall with 24 medals and can possibly catch up to Germany by the end of the weekend who has 29.

Go Canada!

Comment

25 now. 3rd overall. Good job. We are also gaurenteed one more so we have 26 essentiall

Comment

What a way to finish the Olympics. I couldn't be happier for Jasey Jay Anderson. What a way to go out and retire.

Anyone else nervous for this afternoon? God I hope we can beat the Americans. I think its safe to say that today will be the most viewed television event EVER in Canada.

GO CANADA GO

Comment

Holy shit ... that was hands down was probably the best hockey game I have ever watched. Simply amazing and kudos to the Americans for hanging in there. They dashed our golden dreams with 24 second left in regulation, but "Sid the Kid" finally lived up to all the hype & pressure. Incredible game and an amazing way to finish off the Olympics.

Comment

14 gold medals for Canada!!!!

That's the most by any country, in any olympics-EVER!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X