Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tim Leiwke sits down with McLean's magazine and causes a tingle around the equator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys are putting to much thought into this guy turning stuff around. The leafs as of now are a playoff team and winning team. The raptors are on there way there to, this guy is going to come in and take all the credit for it. Just like Nonis for the leafs, that was Brian's build. Now Nonis is getting all the credit for it and Leiwke will to as soon as he takes his spot. These two guys really didn't have much to do with it.

All I am saying is Leiwke is coming in at a good time, all the toronto teams are really on there way to being turned around. He has his work cut out for him, that is all.

If you really disagree please enlighten me.

Comment

Canmanxl wrote: View Post
      You guys are putting to much thought into this guy turning stuff around. The leafs as of now are a playoff team and winning team. The raptors are on there way there to, this guy is going to come in and take all the credit for it. Just like Nonis for the leafs, that was Brian's build. Now Nonis is getting all the credit for it and Leiwke will to as soon as he takes his spot. These two guys really didn't have much to do with it.

All I am saying is Leiwke is coming in at a good time, all the toronto teams are really on there way to being turned around. He has his work cut out for him, that is all.

If you really disagree please enlighten me.
      It would appear Colangelo has achieved his goal of setting the expectation bar of Raptor fans to an all time low where the ceiling of the Atlanta Hawks is acceptable.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        It would appear Colangelo has achieved his goal of setting the expectation bar of Raptor fans to an all time low where the ceiling of the Atlanta Hawks is acceptable.
        Gotta stop being so negative, all this Colangelo hate is really unnecessary. And when you get into the playoffs anything could happen. We would have had a better chance against Miami than the Bucks, we played Miami well all season. Remember this little discussion next year when we are playing better ball and making a playoff run. I just know what we have constructed compared to the rest of the NBA is capable of making the playoffs. We are a couple decent pieces away, so stop making it seem like we are so far away.

Comment

Canmanxl wrote: View Post
          Gotta stop being so negative, all this Colangelo hate is really unnecessary. And when you get into the playoffs anything could happen. We would have had a better chance against Miami than the Bucks, we played Miami well all season. Remember this little discussion next year when we are playing better ball and making a playoff run. I just know what we have constructed compared to the rest of the NBA is capable of making the playoffs. We are a couple decent pieces away, so stop making it seem like we are so far away.
          So far away from what?

Again, if playoffs is your goal. Awesome. Raptors might be there next year. However they still only went 30-29 AFTER their hardest part of the year was over.

The bold sentence is an absolute joke. You are kidding right? We would have had a better chance IF WE MADE THE PLAYOFFS! The team who made the playoffs and played Miami beat Toronto 3-0 this season by an average of 12 points.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            The bold sentence is an absolute joke. You are kidding right? We would have had a better chance IF WE MADE THE PLAYOFFS! The team who made the playoffs and played Miami beat Toronto 3-0 this season by an average of 12 points.
            Reminds me of Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite:

"How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains? Well, if coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we’d have been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind. You better believe things had been different. I’d have gone pro in a heartbeat. I’d be making millions of dollars and living in a big ol’ mansion somewhere, soaking it up in a hot tub with my soul mate."
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

Ryan Wolstat: Getting close to decision day for MLSE on Bryan Colangelo. He has a meeting tomorrow with assorted big-wigs. Twitter @WolstatSun

Comment

Phil Jackson Superstar?

Perhaps he really is paying attention to what the fans are saying? Phil has recently been described of so great he can almost walk on water. Perhaps he's trying to gently nudge us back to reality?

Phil isn't the savior, I agree with him. Anyone who views Phil as a miracle worker is setting them self up for vast disappointment.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Perhaps he really is paying attention to what the fans are saying? Phil has recently been described of so great he can almost walk on water. Perhaps he's trying to gently nudge us back to reality?

Phil isn't the savior, I agree with him. Anyone who views Phil as a miracle worker is setting them self up for vast disappointment.
                  I don't view Jackson as a miracle worker. More excited about new leadership with championship experience.

Comment

Is Leiweke going to be at BC's meeting tomorrow?
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Of course he is.
                      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        Is Leiweke going to be at BC's meeting tomorrow?
                        RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                        Of course he is.
                        Really? I would think he wouldn't since he hasn't formally started yet.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          Really? I would think he wouldn't since he hasn't formally started yet.
                          He's indicated himself on a few occasions that he will be involved in that decision making process.
                          Based on that, I'd say he'll be attending the meeting.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            He's indicated himself on a few occasions that he will be involved in that decision making process.
                            Based on that, I'd say he'll be attending the meeting.
                            I don't know, that doesn't mean he'll be in the room for the meeting. He could have just made some kind of report or recommendation beforehand. Even if his input is a big factor in their decision, I'm unsure of what the dynamics would be.

Comment

(Tim Leiweke when he enters the room)

Comment

First, good find Matt. McLean's would be the last place I look for Raptors news.

Second, I had no idea McLean's was owned by Rogers :|

Third, what the hell does a person in Lieweke's position do? Other than hiring GMs, what does his job description entail? What are his day-to-day activities that actually contribute to winning basketball games?

I understand that there's a lot to be excited about based on his past, and these recent comments, but is this guy capable of making a difference on the court by sitting in the stands with us creatons?

Comment

Working...
                                X