Raptors Broadcast Survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WJF wrote: View Post
    I don't know why everyone craps on Leo, the guy is not that bad, I like him more than Jack and Matt, hell even Chuck Swirsky got on my nerves more than Leo.
    Dude Leo is an idiot. He's easily the worst commentator the raptors have. Matt actually isn't half bad when he isn't saying stupid shit, and Jack is always at his best.

Comment

Leo is way too dry and boring, and he has a knack for pointing out the obvious. Jack is, at least, a little animated and a good pairing with Devlin, who is also a little dry. Both Leo and Matt tend to praise the club even when they clearly suck, but Jack doesn't mind as much just telling it how it is. Rod Black is clearly one of the worst sports broadcasters ever.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        Dude Leo is an idiot. He's easily the worst commentator the raptors have. Matt actually isn't half bad when he isn't saying stupid shit, and Jack is always at his best.
        In agreement.

Comment

We need a better sideline reporter too michael grange isn't cutting it for me
          #BringBackUzoh

Comment

feet85 wrote: View Post
            We need a better sideline reporter too michael grange isn't cutting it for me
            Sexy reporter would be must watch & listen. Agree.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
              Sexy reporter would be must watch & listen. Agree.
              Doris Burke it is.
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I don't know why everyone craps on Leo, the guy is not that bad, I like him more than Jack and Matt, hell even Chuck Swirsky got on my nerves more than Leo.
                I've been watching for maybe 11 years now and Leo says the same shit over and over in every broadcast. Now he's reworded a few things, but it's basically still "Get the big man his touches". And when we play the Grizzlies, I basically have to put the broadcast on mute.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
                  I've been watching for maybe 11 years now and Leo says the same shit over and over in every broadcast. Now he's reworded a few things, but it's basically still "Get the big man his touches". And when we play the Grizzlies, I basically have to put the broadcast on mute.
                  Every single commentator in the NBA says the same stuff over and over, you can't reinvent the wheel. How many times can you listen to Jack sing songs and say HELLO! Have you ever listened to the Celtics guys call a game? How about the Knicks, huge homers and little insight. Leo in steady and keeps a nice flow, we could do much much worse.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Every single commentator in the NBA says the same stuff over and over, you can't reinvent the wheel. How many times can you listen to Jack sing songs and say HELLO! Have you ever listened to the Celtics guys call a game? How about the Knicks, huge homers and little insight. Leo in steady and keeps a nice flow, we could do much much worse.
                    No When you listen to him, its literally the same stuff over and over again. "Don't Jump for fakes 20 feet from the basket" is pretty much all he knows. Matt Devlin isn't that boring and actually gives some interesting (sometimes pointless) stats and facts.

Comment

My main point was to give the viewing audience more credit. Canadians are no longer "new" to basketball where the SkyDome faithful would cheer the home team during free throws.

We're a much more intelligent group compared to those good ol' days. Some in-depth analysis involving X's and O's would be nice.

Yes Leo, we ALL know that keeping a blocked shot inbounds is the better choice. Sheesh.

Comment

As for Michael Grange, loved his work when he was still writing for the Globe & Mail. I haven't found his Sportsnet pieces to be as good, but I agree that he may not be the ideal candidate for a sideline reporter.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          My main point was to give the viewing audience more credit. Canadians are no longer "new" to basketball where the SkyDome faithful would cheer the home team during free throws.

We're a much more intelligent group compared to those good ol' days. Some in-depth analysis involving X's and O's would be nice.

Yes Leo, we ALL know that keeping a blocked shot inbounds is the better choice. Sheesh.
                          The best is when a guy fouls a jump shooter beyond the arc and Leo says "Matt, how many time have you EVER seen a guy block a shot out there?"

Gee Leo, watch some games because it happens quite often.

If the guy is out of control he says "You have to close out UNDER CONTROL" Sooo just wander over at a jog? Don't close out hard? Recovering from the low post to the outside corner isn't easy ya mug. I'd like to see him cover 22 feet of space UNDER CONTROL and before the ball is getting inbounded. Feckin Leo. Maybe I shouldn't hate on him for this. I mean it's not like he played much D in his day anyway.
                          LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
                            The best is when a guy fouls a jump shooter beyond the arc and Leo says "Matt, how many time have you EVER seen a guy block a shot out there?"

Gee Leo, watch some games because it happens quite often.

If the guy is out of control he says "You have to close out UNDER CONTROL" Sooo just wander over at a jog? Don't close out hard? Recovering from the low post to the outside corner isn't easy ya mug. I'd like to see him cover 22 feet of space UNDER CONTROL and before the ball is getting inbounded. Feckin Leo. Maybe I shouldn't hate on him for this. I mean it's not like he played much D in his day anyway.
                            My favourite Leoisms are:

1. Folks, that's a seven footer out there.
                            2. (After a mistake by a player) Now, Matt, you can't do that. You just can't.
                            3. He needs to take that shot right there and not make up his mind to drive to the rim (after player turns the ball over/commits charge while driving)
                            3. He needs to look to get to the rim and not settle for the shot there (after same player, next possession, takes the jump shot Leo was just saying he should take)

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                              Doris Burke it is.
                              Haahahahahaha! +1

Comment

Is there anything else that you would like to highlight about the Toronto Raptors broadcast on TSN/Sportsnet that stands out as exceptional?
                                Yes, Leo Rautins is exceptionally pompous.
                                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                                X