Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Broadcast Survey

http://view.mlsefanmail.com/?j=fe521...0d79711570&r=0

I just received this in an e-mail and would encourage everyone to complete it. I'm a big believer in "if you don't vote, you don't get to complain". I think it's important for the team to receive genuine anonymous feedback regarding our broadcasts, which I believe are in the bottom half of the league from a professionalism standpoint. Here's your chance to be heard. Use it.
    There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

RobertArchibald wrote: View Post
    http://view.mlsefanmail.com/?j=fe521...0d79711570&r=0

I just received this in an e-mail and would encourage everyone to complete it. I'm a big believer in "if you don't vote, you don't get to complain". I think it's important for the team to receive genuine anonymous feedback regarding our broadcasts, which I believe are in the bottom half of the league from a professionalism standpoint. Here's your chance to be heard. Use it.
    Filled mine out
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Done. The three things that annoy me are:

1. Leo
      2. Devlin/Jack screwing around (I know the team is terrible but come on)
      3. Showing replays during live action, missing key replays and cutting to different cameras during the play

I guess that's 5 things.

Comment

Did mine as well.

My main points were:

- atrocious half time show with Leo and Rod Black
        - cutting to different cameras mid play (ESPECIALLY baseline views for dunks)
        - basically anything to do with the camera work
        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Thanks for bringing this to attention.

Done.

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
            Did mine as well.

My main points were:

!!!!

Comment

Did mine as well.

My main points were:

It amazes me how many people have similar views about the broadcasts. How this is not a major topic at the board level is beyond me. This is a major aspect of the game for the home viewer. Agree with everything here. Professionalism needs to be stepped up a notch as well as quality of information given. The playoff commentators and production crews are akin to watching a movie unfold before you. Ours looks like a university student making an indie film.
              There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

RobertArchibald wrote: View Post
                It amazes me how many people have similar views about the broadcasts. How this is not a major topic at the board level is beyond me. This is a major aspect of the game for the home viewer. Agree with everything here. Professionalism needs to be stepped up a notch as well as quality of information given. The playoff commentators and production crews are akin to watching a movie unfold before you. Ours looks like a university student making an indie film.
                Devlin needs to get rid of all the sayings/nicknames he gives the players. If he starts calling Raps games like he does national games, then I'll have no problem with him.
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Did mine as well.

My main points were:

Yeah, I had pretty much the same issues.....Bad replays...Shitty camera angles. Way too many baseline shots...possibly the worst angle for capturing game action. And please please stop the replays cutting into game action. Oh yeah, and fire Rod Black x1000000

Comment

Wow, thanks a lot this is fantastic. I just filled mine out and man did it feel good to vent my opinions out to people that actually matter (no offense).

Most of my opinions on the broadcast were extremely negative as I feel this is what it deserves, and something tells me I wasn't the only one.

Couple of things:

- Matt, Leo, and Rod were all given a paragraph of verbal abuse

- My opinions are neutral on Jack, I don't love him

- The "replay while game is still going on" issue was addressed

- The camera quality itself is pretty awful compared to other American broadcasts

Comment

How did you get this e-mail? How can I get them? thanks

Comment

Did mine....

Basically spent it pointing out how bad Leo is, and Black, asked why they don't use Sherm, changing cameras during fast breaks, the dumbed down analysis, etc.,

Comment

Just saw the highlights of the GSW - SAS game and damn C-WEBB is smooth as fuck

Comment

The lack of professionalism in this broadcast bugs me. The whole media and broadcast vibe feels like its for a non-fan or for a child
                            Last edited by koncept; Tue May 7, 2013, 06:33 AM.
                            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

I don't know why everyone craps on Leo, the guy is not that bad, I like him more than Jack and Matt, hell even Chuck Swirsky got on my nerves more than Leo.
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                              X