Expirings to the Knicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expirings to the Knicks

Knicks are desperately trying to unload Jared Jeffries' Contract. They already have two players at the SF position in Galinari and Chandler. Maybe we can pry away Chandler using expiring contracts:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=ygaxj6h

We could offer cash considerations so that they can do a buyout with Rasho Nesterovic (or Amir Johnson) so that we can get them back. Jeffries is a good defender and Chandler is a valuable asset to have.

The trade would mean the Knicks could make a run at two max players this off-season. Think they'd bite?

Trade actually seems balanced.

WC is an interesting player to add, legitimate back-up for Hedo and should be able to play minutes at the 2. But he plays 35 mpg with the Knicks - how would he handle a different role? Or if WC plays up to his ability - he'll take big minutes from DD, SW, MB, and/or AW.

Raptors would need to decide which of their wings they want to develop/keep.

Jefferies replaces Amir - but without the upside + Jefferies isn't as good around the basket.

Still, its interesting. Chandler could be an upgrade that would make a difference.
    The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Of course they would bite. But why would we?

Comment

malefax wrote: View Post
        Of course they would bite. But why would we?
        I think it's pretty obvious that talent-wise we'd be raping NY in this trade.... but it remains balanced/realistic because a) the knicks arent going anywhere this year and they know it and b) all they care about is 2010 free agency.

I would definately do this trade from Toronto's perspective. From New Yorks perspective it poses the question "Do you give away Chandler for Amir and another 8 million in FA money??"

Since they would likely resign Amir (perfect system for him) whatever his next contract is (say 4mil) that can be done outside of cap ramifications (as long as they spend their FA money first). So in the long-term this is CLEARLY a win-win as both teams get what they need.
        When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

In fact - Upon further consideration I would even put Sonny Weems in that deal...

Oh and New York is at the 15 player roster limit already, so a sticking point would be that they have to send a body or 2 back and/or waive some guys like Jon bender, Tony Douglas, Marcus Landry etc...
          When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

I don't think they'll be waving Tony Douglas, they're pretty high on him. Bender would prob. get the axe.

Edit: And if there's an issue with wing players, we could possibly swap Wright with Rasho (I think that'll still work salary wise). Means less of a clog at the wing positions.

Comment

This would give the Raptors $18+ million in expiring contracts after next season - not including the contracts of Derozan and Weems, while only losing Amir from the regular rotation, and giving us a solid backup sf. Wright / Weems / Belinelli can float between the 2/3 as needed per matchup.

Rotation:
              Jack/Calderon[Belinelli]
              Derozan/Wright[Weems/Belinelli]
              Turkolgu/Chandler[Wright/Weems/Belinelli]
              Bosh/Jeffries/Evans
              Bargnani/Evans

If we could somehow pickup a true backup C with the mid-level during the summer we'd be set for next season and many afterwards.

Comment

Working...
              X