Starting Five Predictions for Every NBA Team (Toronto) Next Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting Five Predictions for Every NBA Team (Toronto) Next Season

Got this off of Bleacher Report's 'Starting Five Predictions for Every NBA Team Next Season'

Toronto Raptors

Starting Five: Kyle Lowry, DeMar DeRozan, Rudy Gay, Jason Maxiell, Jonas Valanciunas

You might be wondering how the Toronto Raptors are going to have enough money left over to sign Jason Maxiell and fill the void at power forward.
    I'll give you a hint.
    It involves Andrea Bargnani and the amnesty clause. With the Italian big man off the books, Toronto has a bit more financial flexibility and the ability to make one relatively large move during the 2013 offseason.
    The Raptors are set everywhere else, and Maxiell is a cost-effective option.
    This team could surprise a lot of people.

Written by : Adam Fromal

Thoughts?
    Would you guys be satisfied with Jason Maxiell .. ?

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    Got this off of Bleacher Report's 'Starting Five Predictions for Every NBA Team Next Season'

Toronto Raptors

Starting Five: Kyle Lowry, DeMar DeRozan, Rudy Gay, Jason Maxiell, Jonas Valanciunas

You might be wondering how the Toronto Raptors are going to have enough money left over to sign Jason Maxiell and fill the void at power forward.
    I'll give you a hint.
    It involves Andrea Bargnani and the amnesty clause. With the Italian big man off the books, Toronto has a bit more financial flexibility and the ability to make one relatively large move during the 2013 offseason.
    The Raptors are set everywhere else, and Maxiell is a cost-effective option.
    This team could surprise a lot of people.

Written by : Adam Fromal

Thoughts?
    Would you guys be satisfied with Jason Maxiell .. ?
    WTF is this guy talking about? Amnestying Bargnani saves barely more money than amnestying Kleiza. Yes, we could probably afford Jason Maxiell, but is he a big signing? Will he even get a MLE offer? I doubt it. He looked pretty horrible in the Detroit games I saw this year. He is, after all an aging undersized PF who depends a lot on athleticism. I would be thoroughly unimpressed with this signing. Though I also would understand it's just a stopgap measure.

Bottom line....Bleacher report is a diarrhea factory.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      wtf is this guy talking about? Amnestying bargnani saves barely more money than amnestying kleiza. Yes, we could probably afford jason maxiell, but is he a big signing? Will he even get a mle offer? I doubt it. He looked pretty horrible in the detroit games i saw this year. He is, after all an aging undersized pf who depends a lot on athleticism. I would be thoroughly unimpressed with this signing. Though i also would understand it's just a stopgap measure.

Bottom line....bleacher report is a diarrhea factory.
      omg :d:d

Comment

Well I mean, I don't see how this isn't happening.
        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Let me be the first to say that I'm pumped for the Maxiell era to begin in Toronto.

Comment

Every team needs an undersized power forward who can't shoot the three (0 for 5 for his career) and his average or below average in every facet of the game.

Watch BryCo throw a 3 year/$20M contract Maxiel's way!

I want BryCo gone but I doubt he is that stupid.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              WTF is this guy talking about? Amnestying Bargnani saves barely more money than amnestying Kleiza. Yes, we could probably afford Jason Maxiell, but is he a big signing? Will he even get a MLE offer? I doubt it. He looked pretty horrible in the Detroit games I saw this year. He is, after all an aging undersized PF who depends a lot on athleticism. I would be thoroughly unimpressed with this signing. Though I also would understand it's just a stopgap measure.

Bottom line....Bleacher report is a diarrhea factory.
              Thats what i think too, but how come they have a spot on TNT OT????
              Even Charles said before that he loves bleacher report.

Im baffled.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                Let me be the first to say that I'm pumped for the Maxiell era to begin in Toronto.
                HAHAHAH Hilarious.

But seriously, Bleacher Report is crap. Stop referencing it here.
                (Only kidding ... but I'm really not...)

Comment

Maxiell is better than Amir?

By the way Bleacher Report pays for exposure. They're all over CNN. Doesn't mean that it is a legit resource.

Comment

The most the Raptors can offer Maxiell is MLE after a Bargnani amnesty.

Does not get Raps below salary cap.

B/R is brutal.... but then again they are not the only ones out there who are brutal.

Also, Maxiell would be an awesome guy coming off the bench but he is still a borderline starter on a team that finished worse than Toronto. B/R either has low standards for their own ideas and/or the Raptors.

Comment

...Bleacher Report has an App that they are advertising during the Playoffs... shit .. did these guys get Legit?? Haha

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                        ...Bleacher Report has an App that they are advertising during the Playoffs... shit .. did these guys get Legit?? Haha
                        What app? I think they're advertising it since mid regular season. Anyway.. BR has very good marketing staff, but sadly, there is good proofread ( who knows NBA stuff ) worker..it's not first time when I see BR talks shit in similar articles like this. You can come to conclusion, really, who cares about Raptors!? Same goes to some NBA.COM writers/proof readers who can't even put correct stats when JV won rookie of the month award!!!!!!

Comment

We can get Maxiel possibly for the vet minimum, he can backup Amir as our backup PF, he's definitely not a starter PF quality, a third string PF on a good team. He and Acy can rebound wonders for us or move Acy to the backup SF position.

Comment

The article doesn't mention how we would have to ship Amir johnson out of town for Maxiell to start ... and have a HORRID free agent season to settle on him as our top option ... kinda hilarious.
                            The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

How the hell do we get Ed Davis back? The guy was going nuts for Toronto when we traded him. Now he's the last guy on Memphis's bench.

I know I know. Ed is gone forever :'(
                              Last edited by Mr.Z; Wed May 8, 2013, 09:49 AM. Reason: made a mistake
                              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Working...
                              X