Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How would you feel about .. Andrew Wiggins?

Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How would you feel about .. Andrew Wiggins?

Lately I've been thinking ..

Tim Lewieke keeps saying he's about winning championships ..

Does our roster have the potential to win championships .. ?
    Maybe.

Would you guys be okay with him tanking next season on pursuit for Wiggins?

He's gonna be a star .. A LEBRON-JAMES star.

He might be the only way.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if he does plan to do this (which is doubtful), then good luck.

We'll be tanking along with half of the league. Wiggins is a once-in-a-generation talent.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jesus Mercy!

Another one of these threads?

Think about it people before you put up one of these threads: even if you send everyone out and tank and even if you are the worst in the league you still only have a 25% chance of picking #1.

Not to mention what happens if he does not perform like expected. Barnes was projected as a #1 pick for his junior and senior years in high school. He was also the first freshman to be named to the preseason All-American team. How did that hype pan out?
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

4. Like Nilanka, Letter N, ReubenJRD, footarez liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Even if he does plan to do this (which is doubtful), then good luck.

We'll be tanking along with half of the league. Wiggins is a once-in-a-generation talent.
    Wiggins is a talent and I believe he has a great opportunity to be drafted number 1 overall in 2014, but living up to those expectations is a stretch. Watching him play in the McDonald's All American game and the Nike Summit he played well but did not dominate either game. Very good team player, passes and plays defense most of the time. Gets to the rim and finishes.

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    Wiggins is a talent and I believe he has a great opportunity to be drafted number 1 overall in 2014, but living up to those expectations is a stretch. Watching him play in the McDonald's All American game and the Nike Summit he played well but did not dominate either game. Very good team player, passes and plays defense most of the time. Gets to the rim and finishes.
    I agree, from what I've seen from his play at the Nike Summit, All-American game and the game he played in Hamilton a couple months ago I've cooled my expectations to the player he will become. He'll undoubtedly be an Allstar, maybe one of the best in the league but I no longer think he will be a superstar or a "once in a generation" player. He could be, but I'm not expecting it like everyone else seems to be.

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    I agree, from what I've seen from his play at the Nike Summit, All-American game and the game he played in Hamilton a couple months ago I've cooled my expectations to the player he will become. He'll undoubtedly be an Allstar, maybe one of the best in the league but I no longer think he will be a superstar or a "once in a generation" player. He could be, but I'm not expecting it like everyone else seems to be.
    Well he's still got plenty of years ahead.. But I couldn't agree more right now. What about tanking... If raps choose to, it will be hard to process their games..

Anyway.. Even if we would have good lotteries chances when Wiggins is on the draft... I doubt we'll get it. You know why? Too many hometown kids were drafted already... NBA don't need spicy talks again..

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Tunnel vision on any prospect is never a good idea. Planning to tank from game 1 of the season is similarly an awful strategy, because it alienates fans and makes the organization look pathetic to others in the league. However, leaving yourself a mid-season option to blow up the roster and aim for a high draft pick (again, not getting too hung up on wiggins because this could be a great class through the top 8 or so) is reasonable. If the current team is well out of the playoffs by Christmas, then yeah, blow it up and hope for a draft pick Hail Mary.
    tank-agnostic

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

An interesting article by Eamonn Brennan on the effect Wiggins would have on each of the basketball programs on his final list of choices, UNC, Kentucky, Kansas, and Florida State:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ege-basketball

The best "fit" is North Carolina, btw.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Excited to see Wiggins play but dont be talking about "acquiring Wiggins or Tanking for Wiggins" Wiggins isnt on the map till his rookie deal with(likely) Charlotte runs out lol. Seriously Raps should only worry about him when hes an RFA after his rookie deal ends if he wants to Rep Canada great welcome aboard W22.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Wiggins dream died when Bryan traded for Rudy Gay. This team has enough talent to be a 8/9th seed in the East.. that's not good enough for landing Wiggins.

Let's wait 8 years and then let's talk about Wiggins when he becomes a UFA.

I see Wiggins going to Orlando. They always seem to get the #1 pick when a franchise caliber player is in the draft. They just can't hold on to them when they become UFA's though.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Excited to see Wiggins play but dont be talking about "acquiring Wiggins or Tanking for Wiggins" Wiggins isnt on the map till his rookie deal with(likely) Charlotte runs out lol. Seriously Raps should only worry about him when hes an RFA after his rookie deal ends if he wants to Rep Canada great welcome aboard W22.
    Charlotte will just match. You'll have to wait until he's a UFA.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

NOT AGAIN! PLEASE stop with these topics, there's 5/100 chance it's going to happen, why to waste TIME on this meaningles speculation?
    #FREE

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know shit about Andrew Wiggins. It's cool to have the #1 recruit be a Canadian, but my cable package didn't cover most of his high school games.

If he really is a LeBron-esque game changer, then we have zero shot at getting him. Not even JV, Ross, and a number of 1st rounders is getting that deal done.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i'd love for him to be drafted by Orlando. They got some great pieces down there
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    i'd love for him to be drafted by Orlando. They got some great pieces down there
    Me too then I can start posting unrealistic Tobias Harris trades.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoBan wrote: View Post
    I don't know shit about Andrew Wiggins. It's cool to have the #1 recruit be a Canadian, but my cable package didn't cover most of his high school games.

If he really is a LeBron-esque game changer, then we have zero shot at getting him. Not even JV, Ross, and a number of 1st rounders is getting that deal done.
    Its something called the internet. You could research you know? learn stuff
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Me too then I can start posting unrealistic Tobias Harris trades.
    Tobias Harris is a very good player. Dude is a straight up baller, reminds me of Shawn Marion with a bit of Bo Diaw to his game

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Tobias Harris is a very good player. Dude is a straight up baller, reminds me of Shawn Marion with a bit of Bo Diaw to his game
    AS in a great all-around forward who doesn't look totally awkward when doing things offensively?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    AS in a great all-around forward who doesn't look totally awkward when doing things offensively?
    Yess, exactly. He's quite athletic too, and a beast on the glass

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

NoProps,

Are you the same guy that gave me shit for saying that the Landry contract was a terrible idea? Are you the same guy that called Barkley an idiot when we said we'd finish 5th in the atlantic?

Why quote a reply with a smug comment intended only to insult me? Especially after you were way off in our previous debates.

Excuse me for not reading about a high school player that we have next to no chance of landing. If you're following the AAU scene this closely, I think you'd know enough ball to understand how bad the Fields signing was, or that we were doomed to the cellar again. If you've got a well constructed argument, I'll happily read it and reply. If you just want to take a shot at me, don't bother.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information