Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you feel about .. Andrew Wiggins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you feel about .. Andrew Wiggins?

Lately I've been thinking ..

Tim Lewieke keeps saying he's about winning championships ..

Does our roster have the potential to win championships .. ?
    Maybe.

Would you guys be okay with him tanking next season on pursuit for Wiggins?

He's gonna be a star .. A LEBRON-JAMES star.

He might be the only way.

Even if he does plan to do this (which is doubtful), then good luck.

We'll be tanking along with half of the league. Wiggins is a once-in-a-generation talent.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Jesus Mercy!

Another one of these threads?

Think about it people before you put up one of these threads: even if you send everyone out and tank and even if you are the worst in the league you still only have a 25% chance of picking #1.

Not to mention what happens if he does not perform like expected. Barnes was projected as a #1 pick for his junior and senior years in high school. He was also the first freshman to be named to the preseason All-American team. How did that hype pan out?

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
        Even if he does plan to do this (which is doubtful), then good luck.

We'll be tanking along with half of the league. Wiggins is a once-in-a-generation talent.
        Wiggins is a talent and I believe he has a great opportunity to be drafted number 1 overall in 2014, but living up to those expectations is a stretch. Watching him play in the McDonald's All American game and the Nike Summit he played well but did not dominate either game. Very good team player, passes and plays defense most of the time. Gets to the rim and finishes.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
          Wiggins is a talent and I believe he has a great opportunity to be drafted number 1 overall in 2014, but living up to those expectations is a stretch. Watching him play in the McDonald's All American game and the Nike Summit he played well but did not dominate either game. Very good team player, passes and plays defense most of the time. Gets to the rim and finishes.
          I agree, from what I've seen from his play at the Nike Summit, All-American game and the game he played in Hamilton a couple months ago I've cooled my expectations to the player he will become. He'll undoubtedly be an Allstar, maybe one of the best in the league but I no longer think he will be a superstar or a "once in a generation" player. He could be, but I'm not expecting it like everyone else seems to be.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
            I agree, from what I've seen from his play at the Nike Summit, All-American game and the game he played in Hamilton a couple months ago I've cooled my expectations to the player he will become. He'll undoubtedly be an Allstar, maybe one of the best in the league but I no longer think he will be a superstar or a "once in a generation" player. He could be, but I'm not expecting it like everyone else seems to be.
            Well he's still got plenty of years ahead.. But I couldn't agree more right now. What about tanking... If raps choose to, it will be hard to process their games..

Anyway.. Even if we would have good lotteries chances when Wiggins is on the draft... I doubt we'll get it. You know why? Too many hometown kids were drafted already... NBA don't need spicy talks again..

Comment

Tunnel vision on any prospect is never a good idea. Planning to tank from game 1 of the season is similarly an awful strategy, because it alienates fans and makes the organization look pathetic to others in the league. However, leaving yourself a mid-season option to blow up the roster and aim for a high draft pick (again, not getting too hung up on wiggins because this could be a great class through the top 8 or so) is reasonable. If the current team is well out of the playoffs by Christmas, then yeah, blow it up and hope for a draft pick Hail Mary.

Comment

An interesting article by Eamonn Brennan on the effect Wiggins would have on each of the basketball programs on his final list of choices, UNC, Kentucky, Kansas, and Florida State:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ege-basketball

The best "fit" is North Carolina, btw.

Comment

Excited to see Wiggins play but dont be talking about "acquiring Wiggins or Tanking for Wiggins" Wiggins isnt on the map till his rookie deal with(likely) Charlotte runs out lol. Seriously Raps should only worry about him when hes an RFA after his rookie deal ends if he wants to Rep Canada great welcome aboard W22.

Comment

The Wiggins dream died when Bryan traded for Rudy Gay. This team has enough talent to be a 8/9th seed in the East.. that's not good enough for landing Wiggins.

Let's wait 8 years and then let's talk about Wiggins when he becomes a UFA.

I see Wiggins going to Orlando. They always seem to get the #1 pick when a franchise caliber player is in the draft. They just can't hold on to them when they become UFA's though.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                      Excited to see Wiggins play but dont be talking about "acquiring Wiggins or Tanking for Wiggins" Wiggins isnt on the map till his rookie deal with(likely) Charlotte runs out lol. Seriously Raps should only worry about him when hes an RFA after his rookie deal ends if he wants to Rep Canada great welcome aboard W22.
                      Charlotte will just match. You'll have to wait until he's a UFA.

Comment

NOT AGAIN! PLEASE stop with these topics, there's 5/100 chance it's going to happen, why to waste TIME on this meaningles speculation?
                        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

I don't know shit about Andrew Wiggins. It's cool to have the #1 recruit be a Canadian, but my cable package didn't cover most of his high school games.

If he really is a LeBron-esque game changer, then we have zero shot at getting him. Not even JV, Ross, and a number of 1st rounders is getting that deal done.

Comment

i'd love for him to be drafted by Orlando. They got some great pieces down there

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              i'd love for him to be drafted by Orlando. They got some great pieces down there
                              Me too then I can start posting unrealistic Tobias Harris trades.

Comment

Working...
                              X