Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Starting Five Predictions for Every NBA Team (Toronto) Next Season

Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Starting Five Predictions for Every NBA Team (Toronto) Next Season

Got this off of Bleacher Report's 'Starting Five Predictions for Every NBA Team Next Season'

Toronto Raptors

Starting Five: Kyle Lowry, DeMar DeRozan, Rudy Gay, Jason Maxiell, Jonas Valanciunas

You might be wondering how the Toronto Raptors are going to have enough money left over to sign Jason Maxiell and fill the void at power forward.
    I'll give you a hint.
    It involves Andrea Bargnani and the amnesty clause. With the Italian big man off the books, Toronto has a bit more financial flexibility and the ability to make one relatively large move during the 2013 offseason.
    The Raptors are set everywhere else, and Maxiell is a cost-effective option.
    This team could surprise a lot of people.

Written by : Adam Fromal

Thoughts?
    Would you guys be satisfied with Jason Maxiell .. ?

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    Got this off of Bleacher Report's 'Starting Five Predictions for Every NBA Team Next Season'

Toronto Raptors

Starting Five: Kyle Lowry, DeMar DeRozan, Rudy Gay, Jason Maxiell, Jonas Valanciunas

You might be wondering how the Toronto Raptors are going to have enough money left over to sign Jason Maxiell and fill the void at power forward.
    I'll give you a hint.
    It involves Andrea Bargnani and the amnesty clause. With the Italian big man off the books, Toronto has a bit more financial flexibility and the ability to make one relatively large move during the 2013 offseason.
    The Raptors are set everywhere else, and Maxiell is a cost-effective option.
    This team could surprise a lot of people.

Written by : Adam Fromal

Thoughts?
    Would you guys be satisfied with Jason Maxiell .. ?
    WTF is this guy talking about? Amnestying Bargnani saves barely more money than amnestying Kleiza. Yes, we could probably afford Jason Maxiell, but is he a big signing? Will he even get a MLE offer? I doubt it. He looked pretty horrible in the Detroit games I saw this year. He is, after all an aging undersized PF who depends a lot on athleticism. I would be thoroughly unimpressed with this signing. Though I also would understand it's just a stopgap measure.

Bottom line....Bleacher report is a diarrhea factory.

3. Like Blacklash2k4, Nilanka, footarez, mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    wtf is this guy talking about? Amnestying bargnani saves barely more money than amnestying kleiza. Yes, we could probably afford jason maxiell, but is he a big signing? Will he even get a mle offer? I doubt it. He looked pretty horrible in the detroit games i saw this year. He is, after all an aging undersized pf who depends a lot on athleticism. I would be thoroughly unimpressed with this signing. Though i also would understand it's just a stopgap measure.

Bottom line....bleacher report is a diarrhea factory.
    omg :d:d

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I mean, I don't see how this isn't happening.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Let me be the first to say that I'm pumped for the Maxiell era to begin in Toronto.

7. Like Red and White liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Every team needs an undersized power forward who can't shoot the three (0 for 5 for his career) and his average or below average in every facet of the game.

Watch BryCo throw a 3 year/$20M contract Maxiel's way!

I want BryCo gone but I doubt he is that stupid.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    WTF is this guy talking about? Amnestying Bargnani saves barely more money than amnestying Kleiza. Yes, we could probably afford Jason Maxiell, but is he a big signing? Will he even get a MLE offer? I doubt it. He looked pretty horrible in the Detroit games I saw this year. He is, after all an aging undersized PF who depends a lot on athleticism. I would be thoroughly unimpressed with this signing. Though I also would understand it's just a stopgap measure.

Bottom line....Bleacher report is a diarrhea factory.
    Thats what i think too, but how come they have a spot on TNT OT????
    Even Charles said before that he loves bleacher report.

Im baffled.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Fully wrote: View Post
    Let me be the first to say that I'm pumped for the Maxiell era to begin in Toronto.
    HAHAHAH Hilarious.

But seriously, Bleacher Report is crap. Stop referencing it here.
    (Only kidding ... but I'm really not...)
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Maxiell is better than Amir?

By the way Bleacher Report pays for exposure. They're all over CNN. Doesn't mean that it is a legit resource.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The most the Raptors can offer Maxiell is MLE after a Bargnani amnesty.

Does not get Raps below salary cap.

B/R is brutal.... but then again they are not the only ones out there who are brutal.

Also, Maxiell would be an awesome guy coming off the bench but he is still a borderline starter on a team that finished worse than Toronto. B/R either has low standards for their own ideas and/or the Raptors.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

...Bleacher Report has an App that they are advertising during the Playoffs... shit .. did these guys get Legit?? Haha
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    ...Bleacher Report has an App that they are advertising during the Playoffs... shit .. did these guys get Legit?? Haha
    What app? I think they're advertising it since mid regular season. Anyway.. BR has very good marketing staff, but sadly, there is good proofread ( who knows NBA stuff ) worker..it's not first time when I see BR talks shit in similar articles like this. You can come to conclusion, really, who cares about Raptors!? Same goes to some NBA.COM writers/proof readers who can't even put correct stats when JV won rookie of the month award!!!!!!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

We can get Maxiel possibly for the vet minimum, he can backup Amir as our backup PF, he's definitely not a starter PF quality, a third string PF on a good team. He and Acy can rebound wonders for us or move Acy to the backup SF position.

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The article doesn't mention how we would have to ship Amir johnson out of town for Maxiell to start ... and have a HORRID free agent season to settle on him as our top option ... kinda hilarious.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Post Thanks / Like

How the hell do we get Ed Davis back? The guy was going nuts for Toronto when we traded him. Now he's the last guy on Memphis's bench.

I know I know. Ed is gone forever :'(
    Last edited by Mr.Z; Wed May 8th, 2013 at 09:49 AM. Reason: made a mistake

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel badly for ED. His career was just getting into gear this season in Toronto and then came to a screeching halt in Memphis.

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully Zach and Gasol are turning him into a monster behind the scenes.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't feel bad for Davis. He's on a real contender now and ZBo is the ideal model for his game. Hollins is an old school guy that loves his hard-working big men. Ed should be just fine. He was getting more run up here, but he's in a better overall situation now.

The Maxiel talk is silly. I'm not a BR fan at all (but I do like their app). Never really bother to read their articles, and this piece reinforces that stance. But it is fun to get talking about who could be our starters next year. My prediction:

Kyle, Demar, Rudy, Amir, Jonas

K well maybe it wasnt that fun.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been as vocal as anybody on RR about my preference to upgrade the starting PF spot, allowing Johnson to slide into the backup PF / 3rd big spot. However, Maxiell is hardly what I had in mind with "upgrade". I think Johnson is a better player than Maxiell and I think Johnson would be a better starter for the Raptors next season. This article is complete nonsense, written by somebody who obviously has no clue about the Raptors.

22. Like Sig, Joey liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

maxiell is poogarb amir is way better

Thread Information