Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Barkley: "Chris Bosh is the Most Underrated Player in the NBA."

  1. #1
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    4,060
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Barkley: "Chris Bosh is the Most Underrated Player in the NBA."

    I guess during last night's telecast of the All-Star game Charles went on the record by stating that Bosh is the most underrated player in the NBA right now. I'm pretty sure about a year ago or so Chuck was one of the ones who was very critical of Bosh (like most Raptors fans), but given the improvement Chris has made to his game this season, do think Barkley comment is an accurate one this year?

    Discuss.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    2,911
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Not just saying this as a Bosh/Raptor fan, but I tend to agree with him on this one. His body of work speaks for itself as he gets better every season(I don't buy he's only doing well this season because it's a contrct year). Another player I'd have to mention is Monta Ellis. How did he not make the All-Star team? Yes he plays for a weak team but his numbers are great night-in night-out.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    I guess during last night's telecast of the All-Star game Charles went on the record by stating that Bosh is the most underrated player in the NBA right now. I'm pretty sure about a year ago or so Chuck was one of the ones who was very critical of Bosh (like most Raptors fans), but given the improvement Chris has made to his game this season, do think Barkley comment is an accurate one this year?

    Discuss.
    If I recall correctly, ESPN, NBA TV and TNT have had only one Raptors game on all season. Who knows when Barkley last saw CB4 play? Maybe in college?

    So Barkley was surprised how good CB4 was because he hasn't seen him play. So in Barkley's mind CB4 is underrated . Yes CB4 is underrated fro those that haven't seen him play this year. But to Raptors fans CB4 still needs to bring home the bacon this April, May and maybe even June to prove he is a Max contract player that BC will make him.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Rookie Lucamacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kitchener. ON
    Posts
    102
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I disagree with the "underated" tag, as anyone with basketball knowledge realizes Bosh is a fantastic player. However, the media definitly doesn't show Bosh any love outside of Toronto, and this is why he's percieved in that light.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Lucamacus wrote: View Post
    I disagree with the "underated" tag, as anyone with basketball knowledge realizes Bosh is a fantastic player. However, the media definitly doesn't show Bosh any love outside of Toronto, and this is why he's percieved in that light.
    Not only doesn't the media show CB4 any love outside of Canada but they don't even show him period!!

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Lucamacus wrote: View Post
    I disagree with the "underated" tag, as anyone with basketball knowledge realizes Bosh is a fantastic player. However, the media definitly doesn't show Bosh any love outside of Toronto, and this is why he's percieved in that light.
    Well, that's why he's underrated. Most people i the US are simply not aware of how well he is playing this year. You can be underrated and still have a lot of fans.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,005
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    As a media personality on the Barkley has achieved buffoon status. He does and says things (not limited to basketball) that makes me question his judgement when it comes to bb issues.

    That said, CB is underrated...but by whom...media types or those he plays against or see him very often?

  8. #8
    Super Moderator .40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    T Dot
    Posts
    1,305
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    So Barkley was surprised how good CB4 was because he hasn't seen him play. So in Barkley's mind CB4 is underrated . Yes CB4 is underrated fro those that haven't seen him play this year. But to Raptors fans CB4 still needs to bring home the bacon this April, May and maybe even June to prove he is a Max contract player that BC will make him.
    Really?! Are we still debating whether CB is a max player? I think his play over the years, especially this season has proven that he is a max player.

    Anyways, here's another commentator remarking how Bosh is one of the most underrated players in the NBA:

    http://www.nba.com/video/channels/to...s=iref:nbahpt2

    Pay attention during play #9.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Starter Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill
    Posts
    590
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    Not just saying this as a Bosh/Raptor fan, but I tend to agree with him on this one. His body of work speaks for itself as he gets better every season(I don't buy he's only doing well this season because it's a contrct year). Another player I'd have to mention is Monta Ellis. How did he not make the All-Star team? Yes he plays for a weak team but his numbers are great night-in night-out.
    Because he would barely average 15 pts on a team that plays at an average pace (e.g. Utah).

    Seriously, Ellis is the prime example of Nellie ball stats-inflation.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Starter DarkKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    212
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I love Barkley's commentating and thoughts on the TNT broadcasts. I may not always agree with him, but he's the most awesome analyst because he always speaks his mind and is a fun personality. I definitely agree with him about Bosh being the most underrated, because yes, the US media never talks about the Raps and so most casual fans have no idea just how good Bosh is. Also, the guy that said Monta Ellis should be an all-star - LOL!!!

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic All-Star brothersteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,078
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Why did it have to be Barkley?
    The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

    Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

  12. #12
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,988
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Chris Bosh won't be much longer. Soon it will be Andrea Bargnani and after that maybe DeMar? No one down there knows what's going on up here LOL.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •