View Poll Results: Who do you think will be next GM of the Toronto Raptors?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Phil Jackson

2 4.55%
  • Masai Ujiri

23 52.27%
  • Kevin Pritchard

6 13.64%
  • Troy Weaver

6 13.64%
  • David Morway

1 2.27%
  • Ed Stefanski

5 11.36%
  • Other (please name names)

1 2.27%
Page 21 of 57 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Masai Ujiri Hired As Raptors GM (post #780)

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Why can't this team just let go of guys? First Triano, and now Colangelo?

Why do we need him in the business aspect of this team?
    Twitter - @thekid_it

2. Like Soft Euro liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Why can't this team just let go of guys? First Triano, and now Colangelo?

Why do we need him in the business aspect of this team?
    It depends on how MLSE decided his future. Most likely by voting, that means he convinced someone that he's still have something to offer to this org. It's simple.

And why do we need him in the business aspect... well, he was the face in this team for the past years, he worked with charities and community, but I feel the same way like you do. I don't go back to my girlfriend if I break up with her.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We did let Triano go. He's an assistant for Portland now...
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

WTF is this? Maybe Lieweke likes the smell of BC's lotion. Maybe it's a precondition to Ujiri coming on board...he seems to have a soft spot for BC (gave him his first big break). But a non basketball role? Hmmm...exec. asst. to Leiweke? ...they can exchange corporate buzzwords. I am looking forward to hearing them spin this move.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    We did let Triano go. He's an assistant for Portland now...
    Yes, but originally he stayed as the vice-head of pro scouting.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
    Upset are those who can't accept.
    Phil Jackson is proud of you, young zen master!

For what it's worth, I totally agree with you when you wrote that Primer's question was unfair (or loaded).

Post Thanks / Like

Colangelo's finalizing agreement to move over to business side, leaving basketball ops. Ownership preparing major financial offer for Ujiri.
    — Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) May 20, 2013

I like the idea of moving BC away from Basketball, and simply having him be a Management type within MLSE.

Great decisions all around.
    Last edited by Joey; Mon May 20th, 2013 at 01:31 PM.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    WTF is this? Maybe Lieweke likes the smell of BC's lotion. Maybe it's a precondition to Ujiri coming on board...he seems to have a soft spot for BC (gave him his first big break). But a non basketball role? Hmmm...exec. asst. to Leiweke? ...they can exchange corporate buzzwords. I am looking forward to hearing them spin this move.
    Why would they feel a need to explain anything?

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

You dont think when the new gm is hired there will not be some type of news conf. to introduce and explain the hew hierarchy? Is it normal that the current gm in effect loses his job/fired as gm and head of basketball operations and mlse just goes about as if nothing happened? I do believe BC would like to place this "change" in the best light possible. Good corps. explain their moves...but they may not always be entirely forthcoming in truth.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can we just merge these already? theres like 7 threads....

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sadly its not friday, would have got drunk.
    #FREE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    Sadly its not friday, would have got drunk.
    I might still get drunk

Post Thanks / Like

Ujiri hype is a little inflated considering the melo and iggy trades. In both trades the respecting teams wanted to dump these stars. In respect to the sixers, their management went batshit stupid trying to land bynum. And we all know what happened with melo. In a way Ujiri's success is largely in part to the Melo trade, regardless of which team he went to, Denver was going to get a crop of players in return.

The difference with raptors trying to dump Bargs, is that no one wants Bargs, and especially with his pricetag, which makes the job that more difficult.

And I already talked about Bosh before. At the least, we can compare what Denver got for Melo and what we got for Bosh (nothing).
    Last edited by phez; Mon May 20th, 2013 at 02:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Wwwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still resigned to the fact that I probably won't get excited about the new guy no matter who they bring in. BC made that impossible.

The Jackson rumours were interesting just because of the winning experience he could add to the organization in general. I still was never sold on his competence as a GM. I think ideally, for Jackson, you give him a vague role in his first year where each party gets to feel out how he best fits in.

As for Ujiri, I'm fine with them going after him...I'm not fine with them just throwing tons of money at him. I mean, I don't really care, but it doesn't really make me confident in the new ownership/management structure. Maybe it would be a good move and Ujiri really is that good an executive. Maybe it's just a lazy solution to a problem, whatever the results. Also, I'm still not sure why he'd leave Denver. The difference in money would have to be stupid. STUPID. Like double any offer Denver makes.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't really find any negatives with the Raps pursuing Ujiri so hard. Just shows their commitment to turn the franchise around

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bc always ran a profitable team. I am sure he is a good business or corporate man. It is probably what made himself as long as he has with such shitty results on the court. As long as he does not have final say in basketball decisions, I don't see an issue other than awkwardness.

Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    I like the idea of moving BC away from Basketball, and simply having him be a Management type within MLSE.

Great decisions all around.
    Under normal circumstances, BC as an corporate exec. would probably be a good move.

BUT at this point in time, I'd prefer if he had no connection with this team. I don't like the idea of him being in a position where he could potentially influence the new GM, either directly or indirectly.

For instances (and this is just an example), lets pretend the new GM first decision is to amnesty Bargnani. Regardless of the GM's intentions, I don't see how Colangelo would take this as anything less than a slight at his work here in Toronto. Bargnani was his move of all moves. So then what if Colangelo has a sit down with the new GM and hints how he'd be insulted if Bargnani was amnestied, or the new GM just naturally felt like he didn't want to insult an associate in his workplace so he'd attempt a trade instead, or would continue to see if he could get something out of him off the bench etc.

Not saying this would happen, but I'm personally of the belief your better off not leaving those opportunities available. If the team really wants change, its best to remove as much of the old guard as possible.

Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Bc always ran a profitable team. I am sure he is a good business or corporate man. It is probably what made himself as long as he has with such shitty results on the court. As long as he does not have final say in basketball decisions, I don't see an issue other than awkwardness.
    Hasn't Toronto always been profitable regardless of who ran the team?

I posted this in the other thread so I won't go into detail, but I don't like the idea of any potential conflicts that could arise from this (and I don't mean conflicts of aggression - but of interest, decision making, conscience etc).

Thread Information